Are you one of the 3%..?

Options

Replies

• coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    I meet 8 of the 9. I will never meet the 9th because my frame will not support me getting into what the BMI chart classifes as "normal" weight range for my height without being unhealthily thin and losing LBM. So I'll never meet that 9th. But I'm cool with that.

Co-sign!
  • RobynLB
    RobynLB Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    9/9. Why isn't RHR on the list as an indicator for heart health though? And why does only 3% of the population meet this criteria? All but the blood pressure (which is sometimes a bit beyond one's control) seems like a no brainer. Be in a healthy weight range, eat produce, get physical activity, don't smoke.

High cholesterol isn't indicative to being over weight or out of shape. Also, many people have high cholesterol but it's their good cholesterol that's driving the total number which doctors don't tell you. They just look at the total and say "Yup. high." My total is high but my good is what's driving the number up.

Yeah. Cholesterol can be hard to control also, and has genetic factors. So, yeah, 2 of the 9 have both genetic / environmental and lifestyle components.
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    "According to a new study, just 3% of Americans have optimal heart health. Even if you think you’re doing everything right, check out the list of nine heart-healthy items and see where you rank."

Nine criteria:
    – No high blood pressure

– No high cholesterol

– No diabetes

– Not overweight

– Not underweight

– Not obese

– Don’t smoke

– Do at least 150 minutes of moderate physical activity or 75 minutes of vigorous physical activity a week

– Eat five or more servings of fruits and vegetables a day

How many on the list do you meet? Just curious.

http://www.blisstree.com/2012/12/20/live/optimal-heart-health-three-percent-americans/
    http://www.foxnews.com/health/2012/12/20/few-americans-have-healthy-hearts/

I meet all 9. The only thing I've ever been guilty of in the past is smoking and being underweight.
  • deannarey13
    Options
    I would be in the 3% if that is 5 servings combined between fruits and vegetables. I don't think I get 5 of each.
  • passmetheducksauce
    passmetheducksauce Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    9 out of 9.

don't believe me, just look at my profile picture. adapting a healthy lifestyle is easy as pie.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    "According to a new study, just 3% of Americans have optimal heart health. Even if you think you’re doing everything right, check out the list of nine heart-healthy items and see where you rank."

Nine criteria:
    – No high blood pressure

– No high cholesterol

– No diabetes

– Not overweight

– Not underweight

– Not obese

– Don’t smoke

– Do at least 150 minutes of moderate physical activity or 75 minutes of vigorous physical activity a week

– Eat five or more servings of fruits and vegetables a day

How many on the list do you meet? Just curious.

http://www.blisstree.com/2012/12/20/live/optimal-heart-health-three-percent-americans/
    http://www.foxnews.com/health/2012/12/20/few-americans-have-healthy-hearts/

I'm English. I meet all the criteria although technically i'm a few lbs overweight, but my body fat percentage is in the healthy range. My BMI is 26. I don't eat 5 fruit and veg every single day, but manage it most days.
  • Goosiesnougs
    Options
    I meet em all:)
  • Jkmumma
    Jkmumma Posts: 254
    Options
    7/9 ALMOST 8/9 working towards 9/9
    I'm sure you can figure out the two I don't meet yet.
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    9 out of 9.

don't believe me, just look at my profile picture. adapting a healthy lifestyle is easy as pie.

wow you're cool.
  • Bridget0927
    Bridget0927 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Im a niner and I am not calling from a walkie talkie
  • determined136
    Options
    8 of 9 but I am working to get the overweight thing marked off.
  • Bridget0927
    Bridget0927 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    @candacet36

Is that Dean from supernatural in your ticker???

I heart him :-)
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    8/9
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    8/9... working on the veg.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    8/9 on most days. When I'm really good I get all 9!

SAME HERE
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Not as bad as I thought 6/9, and the high blood pressure I have is a hereditary type, not caused by diet/weight (I lost over 100 lbs and my blood pressure has gone UP grrr. My grandmother has the same type, and she's never been bigger than my thigh lmao), so TECHNICALLY I hit 7/9. If I can get the obese/overweight thing under control, I'll be good (less than 15 pounds to go to be overweight woot!)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I'm English. I meet all the criteria although technically i'm a few lbs overweight, but my body fat percentage is in the healthy range. My BMI is 26. I don't eat 5 fruit and veg every single day, but manage it most days.

Well, if we are saying BF% or waist size can counteract overweight BMI, then I'm 9/9 without losing the holiday weight.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options

Well, if we are saying BF% or waist size can counteract overweight BMI, then I'm 9/9 without losing the holiday weight.

I'm pretty much the same size as my friend who is a stone lighter than I am! She doesn't really exercise though. So if we go by that then I am 9/9!
  • sammyneb
    sammyneb Posts: 257
    Options
    9 out 9 5 days a week (not so good on eating all the fruits and veggies on the weekend! :mad: )
  • love2cycle
    love2cycle Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    8 of them, and the one I miss is the fruit and vegetable servings. I eat them, but I can't say it's 5 every day