40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Welcome all! So nice to see new faces on this board.

Beeps - sounds like you had a good time. The headache is probably a hangover, and not enough food. :tongue:
    As long as a good time was had. :drinker:

leanveins - funny how those tricks stop working once we hit 40! Good luck with your weight loss, we are all here for the same reason.
    And - if you're on here, you're definitely cool. :happy:
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,973 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling better today....funny that.

No work-out planned, but calorie-control is bang on.
  • EQV73
    EQV73 Posts: 41
    Options
    Hi all. I'm 39 and 10 months. If you round up, I'm 40.

Tell you what I'll do though. I'll type in my mature font and you'll never know that I'm some dang thirty-something trying to act older.

:)
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    I am so cool that even though I am a Grandma, I am starting pole dancing lessons in the New Year.....

I can't wait for my adult kids to find out :laugh:
  • PatFanPete
    PatFanPete Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yes! I finally found where the cool kids are hanging out. I hope I am cool enough to joing the club.

Only 5 days until Christmas! I wish all of you a happy holiday season!
  • spearfox
    spearfox Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    43 here.
    Open diary.
    Accepts any friend request
  • Desdemina
    Desdemina Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Had the President's Holiday Breakfast today. Catered with hot breakfast and all the fixin's! I am very proud of myself, I just had eggs and a little bit of bacon, avoiding the biscuits and gravy, cheesy hashbrowns, etc.

I am pre-diabetic so the doctor wants me to only eat protein for breakfast, if I can. I can have some carbs later in the day, but she said breakfast should be as close to pure protein as possible. So given all the temptation, I think I did well!

Of course, the pre-diabetic thing scared me, and it's easy to think "Hmmm....I could have that candy and increase my risk of diabetes, or I can skip it and get my insulin levels down..." and make the right decision!
  • Desdemina
    Desdemina Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I am so cool that even though I am a Grandma, I am starting pole dancing lessons in the New Year.....

I want to be you when I grow up!
  • sdereski
    Options

ROCK STAR COOL!!:glasses:
  • sdereski
    Options
    Hi all. I'm 39 and 10 months. If you round up, I'm 40.

Tell you what I'll do though. I'll type in my mature font and you'll never know that I'm some dang thirty-something trying to act older.

:)

OK then - as long as you use the mature font - you can join the club. However, you profile pic gives you away...you're playing in a playground! But that's allowed. :wink:
  • preshusgem
    preshusgem Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    A club just for me? Yay! I'm Christel, 42 (seriously) and my 7 year old twins and their friends think I'm way cool. I know it won't last but I enjoy it while I can. I just started MFP 3 weeks ago and loving it. I'm a shortie at 5 '1" and currently into 3 weeks of Turbo Fire.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I get to work-out at lunch....very excited about this!

I *may* weigh-in....or, I might wait until tomorrow morning. We'll see!
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options

I want to be you when I grow up!

well I am less than a year older than you...so you don't have far to grow :flowerforyou:
  • sdereski
    Options
    Got another quick run in yesterday! yay me. I'm taking what I can squeeze in these days.

Attended the funeral yesterday only to learn that friends of ours tragically lost a son. This is the second son they have lost. The first one they lost to cancer, this young man took his own life. So many people are hurting this Christams season, but I refuse to let all this pain and suffering get me down. It's Christmas, I am so blessed and I want to keep that in the forefront as we head into this Christmas time. I will be more diligent in telling my family just how much they mean to me. I'm Italian, so I am affectionate by nature, but putting my family first will be my priority.

Was planning on lifting today, but don't think will have time...my DIL's bday yesterday and I forgot. :tongue: So, will be stopping by tonight.

am off for the holdiays after today - but plan to do something every day!! I did it yesterday and it helped...at least mentally anyway. :happy:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I hope you have a really good holiday break, sdereski! You DESERVE it!

And, congrats on all the exercise you are getting in - it's INSPIRATIONAL, I find!

I did get to the gym. I did lift. Was a long session....75 minutes?? Yuck. And, A LOT of upper-body, so I'm pretty stiff right now.

A good stiff.

Tomorrow, after about 6 weeks of being UNABLE to make my Sat-morning cardio class, there is NOTHING on the agenda and I CAN GO! I'm pretty worried that I'll suck *kitten*, but, whatever - I can't wait to see my friends!
  • leanveins
    leanveins Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    So proud Yesterday I did a mile at a 2 incline on my treadmill at the fastest I have gone yet 5.6 mph :happy: 5 .2 had been my fastest so far.
  • iangelab
    iangelab Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am 43 and loving my life! I only see it getting better and better! working to be fit and healthy but doing it in a sustainable way that is kind and compassionate to my body and mind.
  • sdereski
    Options
    Leanveins a congrats on the increased speed! That's quite a jump.

Welcome veganyogiange - welcome! Love how happy you sound! Yes, it will only get better as you work to a fitter, healthier lifestyle!

Got a short workout in! Did my strength training for about 45 min didn't get the whole workout in, but it was better than nothing! Then, got to play with my granddaughter for an hour and a half! Best part of my day. :happy:

Off for my final day of shopping tomorrow. Lawdy, will it ever end? Lol.
    5 days off, so I'm happy. :happy:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I got my cardio class done on Saturday....was tough, particularly the last 15 minutes of the aerobics piece - but I did it!

Today, I'm going to go lift at lunch. Yay!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I got my lifting in.....am nicely "stiff" just now, sitting at my desk, waiting for 4 pm to appear so I can get the heck outta here and home to my family!

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL YOU FAB 40'S - YOU ROCK THIS JOINT!