Why Does Everyone Hate on Jennifer Hudson?

Options
shaybuggie
shaybuggie Posts: 160 Member
I remember when she first lost the weight. Everybody was like, "Man, Jennifer don' sold out man. She don' got famous and wahts to lose the weight. She was supposed to represent for the big girls!" Just talking down on the poor girl because she cared about her body. Maybe the spotlight had a bit to do with it; maybe it was her health. Who knows! But, how many people remember her original American Idol audition?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chBW2TPX0AA

She wasn't "original" Jennifer that we had all seen in Dreamgirls and other movies. She was small. I'm just saying, people hated on her for no reason; go back to when she FIRST got on TV, and you'll see that she was rediscovering HERSELF!

Replies

• nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    Who in the heck is Jennifer Hudson?
  • Momwasix
    Momwasix Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    i think that the reason for the hate could be a stereotype people give celebrities cause they are famous and have access to alot of things we don't in weight loss. Yes it's wrong to judge her just cause she a celebrity had she not had that status things would be different.
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    I feel like people should just represent Health....forget representing...big, small, curved, etc..... Support anyone that want's a healthier and better self....
  • misskellylynne
    Options
    Honestly, I haven't heard of anyone "hating" on her before.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

^This.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Seriously.....who is Jennifer Hudson? The chick in 'Dreamgirls'? I thought she had her 15 minutes of fame and fell off the radar. Haven't heard anyone (much less 'everyone') hating on her. Then again, perhaps I just run in the wrong circles.
  • misskellylynne
    Options
    Not being snarky, but is that a serious or sarcastic question?

She was a contestant on American Idol, recognized for her one of a kind diva voice, was the star on dream girls the movie.

And it the spokesperson celebrity for weight watchers.
  • pinky_pie
    Options
    That's a broad, sweeping statement. I certainly don't hate her. I don't even know her, personally.
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    Based on what you said, it sounds like they hate on her because she has done something they know they should do or want to do but haven't. Some people try to build themselves up by knocking other people down. Doesn't work. I applaud her for losing the weight - she looks fantastic, and I'll bet she has a lot more energy.
  • WandaWoman41
    WandaWoman41 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I'm not hating on JHud. The girl has pipes and she looks good. I just want to know if she lost weight the natural way. She gives that impression of natural weight loss. If you had surgery don't pretend as if you lost all your weight on a food plan and exercise. I'm not sure why but it seems to have happened overnight.

Star Jones tried to hide the surgery but eventually caved in. I appreciate honesty. It's not fair to mislead the masses into a fad diet only to discover the fad diet doesn't work.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

^This.

lmao..was about to say that too
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

She was a contestant on American Idol, recognized for her one of a kind diva voice, was the star on dream girls the movie.

Ohhhh....okay.....could care less honestly....kudos to her for her weight loss though.

Edited to correct typo
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options

^This.

lmao..was about to say that too

She was the first woman to dig out a river - they named a river after her. The Hudson.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I've never heard a single person hate on her.
  • misskellylynne
    Options
    She definitely didn't have surgery, and wasn't over night. I think she started in 2010 sometime.

They aired a segment how she lost weight with weight watchers with her leader.

She was on many different shows such as Dr.OZ etc.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

Yes, was a serious question but now that I googled her, I recognize her from her WW ads.

@OP: Don't really care what happens to her body. I am sure the media pays enough attention to these over paid talentless hacks (media doesn't support good talent lately so I am assuming). They won't be missing out when I say who the heck care...
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I don't watch American Idol and do not have television service so I don't see commercials. I was being serious that I had no idea who this woman was.

So she sings and lost weight and is a weight watchers spokesperson now? I've not heard her mentioned and do not see her in the gossip magazines so not sure of the hate you mention here.
  • misskellylynne
    Options
    She was on idol years ago.

She is the face of WW...

Honestly, she is talented, and she has lost weight and she looks great. She looks healthy.

Someone will always have something to say about a celebrity, in positive or negative light.
  • twinkychops
    twinkychops Posts: 228 Member
    Options

ditto! LOL