Curly hair isn't sexy?

Options

Replies

• LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    I say us curlies have the best of both worlds! I have a mop of unruly, bouncy, blond curls all over my head. But I love them! They are fun, and wild, and sexy as hell. And, when I want to look serious and seductive, I can straighten it and take in all those compliments and stares! It's much easier to go from super curly to straight than the other way around! Embrace your curls....we make a lot of women jealous by having them! ;)

Yes! I'm one of those straight haired jealous girls!!

I've always had very straight hair. I can let it air dry and it will dry completely straight! I curl my hair with a curling iron and within an hour it's straight again.

Yup, I never blow dry my hair and it's always super straight. I am one of the few people in my family with straight hair. My mother is the only one of her siblings with straight hair. I am so envious of wavy/curly haired women. SO ENVIOUS
  • JustANumber85
    JustANumber85 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I have naturally wavy hair. I use to straighten it in HS. I love and wanted curly hair so much i had it permed and i LOVE it!
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    My hair is naturally curly.. And it was sexy as hell
    before i put layers in it, now it frizzes and does this awkward curly shizz.
    So now, i make sure it's straightened!
  • MissyI30
    MissyI30 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I have natural curly hair Im not sure if its sexy but my whole life people told me how lucky I am to have curly hair. I used to try to straighten it but not anymore it wants to be curly so curly it is lol.
  • pinky_pie
    Options
    I had Botticelli curls from my youth up until a year ago. Then, my curls fell out and I have wavy hair at best. I'd always loved my curly hair and am still having to comes to terms that my hair may not go curly without help of rollers, and even still they aren't the same curls. I'd never even purposefully straightened my hair. I've been told that it can do with hormone levels *shrugs*

I thought that having curly hair was a pain in the *kitten* to take care of, but straight hair is worse :/
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    I have curly hair...everywhere...
  • BrittKnee_Rae
    BrittKnee_Rae Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    When I was a teenager I hated my curls.. I always straightened it!! But I've learn to love it.. I may flat iron my hair once or twice a year!! I'm pretty low maintence, so I love the fact that all I have to do after washing my hair is brush it and add little product and let it air dry, it's sooo convient!! And sometimes when I'm feeling dramatic or crazy il blow dry it half way to loosen up my curls.. I get compliments on my hair ALOT!! Sometimes random strangers feel the need to touch my hair when standing behind me at a store!!! Which is annoying! My first thought is when is the last time you washed ur nasty little hands? haha plus if you play with curls too much they get frizzy! Sooo instead of being rude I simply reply "yes it's natural... Ohh thank you so much" and run away quickly! Haha but seriously.. I think my curls make me look hella sexy!! :) just sayin..
  • faithfulll1
    Options
    Sexy is a matter of perspective.
  • PinkyKiwii
    PinkyKiwii Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    If this is true, then im screwed! :sad:
  • faithfulll1
    Options
    ^^hot even if bald lol
  • PinkyKiwii
    PinkyKiwii Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    ^^hot even if bald lol

I was discussing going bald with a friend since im sick of my hair :bigsmile:
    Good to know I wont scare people off!
  • Lozx87
    Lozx87 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    hi i have naturally poker straight hair and i have always wanted curls but no matter what i do they never stay in even at the hair dressers i say be proud of your curls as their is someone out there who would do anything for them.
  • PrisonOfMeat
    Options
    Honestly, I have very thick, curly hair that used to be very tight. I used to have small, unmanageable curls that just would not stay up in a ponytail, they liked to come undone constantly, which is why I began flat ironing my hair. Now, I do it daily. Not because I don't adore curly hair ( I, for one, think it is incredibly sexy ) but it is more convenient for my hair to be straight, because it stays up in a bun, and does not get frizzy or tangled, which my hair would do a lot of when I wore it curly. There are some days when I wear it curly, but I have decided that although my curls have loosened some ( enough so I can finally get a comb through them without crying and feeling like shaving my head, thank goodness ) it's just easier for me to flat iron it.

Added bonus: I don't have to deal with people pulling my curls, strangers touching my hair, people asking me if my hair is real, children getting their sticky fingers stuck in my curls, being caught without a spare hair tie just in case my hair decides to break the one that I've managed to thread through it, etc.
  • GeekyGirlLyn
    GeekyGirlLyn Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    It is how you feel it is. Im still in that stage where I don't feel it is. I feel like my hair is a mess but I hate straightening it. Hate and loathe it. It does too much damage. So I just sit and suffer with the curls and work to tame them best I can. Maybe one day Ill feel theyre sexy but I'm with you at the moment in not feeling they are.
  • cubbie_girl
    cubbie_girl Posts: 99 Member
    Options

Yes! I'm one of those straight haired jealous girls!!

I've always had very straight hair. I can let it air dry and it will dry completely straight! I curl my hair with a curling iron and within an hour it's straight again.

I think people become envious of what they don't have. But embrace what/who you are naturally. I have been working on this, and having been wearing my hair straight, with my natural color. I know i'll never have that head full of bouncy mess curls. I just won't, not even a perm could do that for me. So it's just not "me" to have curls.. I guess.

As hard as it may be. Embrace you.

This is me too. I wanted curly hair so bad when I was a kid, my mom took me to get a perm. That didn't even work - it was straight within a month!

Now I have a daughter of my own and her dad's family all has super curly hair - so of course she got their curls. If she is anything like her aunts, she's going to beg me to let her straighten it.
  • smexime
    smexime Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    <
    This is what happens when you listen to those 'straight hair is pretty voices" in your head. Even though I like my hair straight I love and am missing my awesome curls.
  • Today414
    Today414 Posts: 118
    Options
    This might sound dumb, and I didn't really read through all the comments, but I kinda equate curly/straight hair to freckles/no freckles. If you don't have 'em, you want 'em and if you have 'em, you don't want them.

I just recently stopped putting on make up to hide my freckles. It is what it is. I have weird hair that is wavy in some spots, curly in others and stick straight in still more. And while my hair isn't as curly as yours, I still really like oomphing up the curls. I think they're gorgeous and I'd love to have curls like yours. :flowerforyou:
  • CarlaChalk78
    Options
    I would adore having curly hair...tried everything to get sexy curls but even a perm falls out after a week - ten days :(

You all look beautiful with your curls!
  • annams76
    annams76 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I don't have curly hair but my daughter does. I do not ever want her to straighten her hair and I have decided that until she is 18 she cannot put any chemicals in her hair. Curly hair is beautiful!!
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I have the opposite experience. I have very fine, super straight hair that does not hold a curl. I've done perms and tried all kinds of products.
    Anytime I have gone through the trouble of curling my hair (in high school I would tie my hair in rags while wet) I got tons of comments on how much better i looked with curly hair. Even my high school crush said this to me, which broke my heart. It just isn worth all the work to curl it to have it fall out in a couple of hours, although I still do it occasionally just for fun because I love it so much.

I've always wanted curly hair.