I LOVE LABELS.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I LOVE LAMP
  • yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Well, a guy called me "curvy" the other day, but I'm pretty sure he meant just plain chubby. Lucky for me, I know he happens to like chubby so I wasn't too offended.
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    This site is way too obsessed with the concept of "curvy".

I swear before I joined it was a word that was only a small blip on my radar. I've been told my whole life that I have a great *kitten* and great legs (but very small boobs)--whether I was carrying around an extra 30 pounds or the opposite.

And I've never worried about my lack of curves in the boob/hip ratio department. Guys like my figure just fine.

By all means, admire/drool over a woman with a killer figure, but how about we all just let women be happy and satisfied with what they've got?

To mis-quote Mike from "The Young Ones"...."I think you're overdoing the [curvy] motif in this conversation".
  • alli_dalli
    alli_dalli Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Curvy is only curvy if there is a slim, trim waistline between the hips and boobs... Curvy has become a euphemism, used in the same way as 'big-boned'.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Trigonometry is curvy!! :happy:

4-14.gif
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    The use of curvy is getting dangerously close to when department stores started calling clothes for heavier females, the "Women's Department". My wife thinks that is an insult to thin women.
  • RyanWilson1993
    RyanWilson1993 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, a curvy girl is typically short, huge *kitten*, big thighs, decent size boobs, flat to average stomach
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    Options

4-14.gif

:drinker: Awesome! Personally, I'm shaped more like y=Sec[x]
  • ShmoozyQ
    ShmoozyQ Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Holy smokes. Who knew there was so much to say about the word curvy!

Curvy is, as curvy does.

Wait, what?
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options

4-14.gif

:drinker: Awesome! Personally, I'm shaped more like y=Sec[x]

That graph totally does look like a person!!!
  • honkytonks85
    honkytonks85 Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    What is your opinion of curvy? Is it a specific size? Shape? I wonna know!

you asked for MY OPINION and so here it is.

Two types of Curvy

1) Fat chicks who call themselves curvy when they should be calling the stairmaster while putting down the dunkin donuts. Most girls who call themselves curvy fall into this category (this category also includes chicks who think every guy is after her when really... we're not. Or, we're trying to talk to her to ask her to move out of the way so we can talk to her friend)

2) The REAL curvy girls. These are just that. Curvy. They're not slim stick thin. They're not overweight or obese. They're fit but are not RIPPED either. It possibly have something to do with the bone structure/genetics but they look HOT to me (and so do other body shapes/types who are fit).

\You don't need to be a jerk about it you know, can't we just let women not completely hate their bodies?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I consider women with hourglass or pear-shaped body types curvy, regardless of size.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I think there's a whole helluva lot of curvy shapes.

Sherri Shepherd is curvy and top heavy. JLo is curvy and bottom heavy. Sophia Vergara is curvy and an extreme hourglass. Kate Moss is curvy and more slender hourglass.
  • zoukeira
    zoukeira Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I'm curvy - tiny waist, big hips & bum and reasonable shoulders. Size 2 (with a few size 0s and a few size 3s). I wish i had more boobs though!!
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    And.... Just to make this thread even more rediculously complicated I quoted this description from a venus something-or-other:

"For most women an ideal ‘look’ typically occurs at a waist circumference that is roughly 38% of their height. Much lower than that (lower than 35%) and you start to look emaciated, much higher (anything over 43%) and you will start to lose that natural ‘shape’ as body fat will start to cover it. Similar to men, anything over 50% and you are carrying excess body fat that you simply do not need and may be detrimental to your long term health.

Having shoulders that are roughly 1.618 x your ideal waist measurement is generally indicative of a woman who would be described as ‘toned’ or ‘athletic’ (think Kelly Ripa or Jessica Biel), but not to the point where she actually begins to look older or more masculine."

I measured myself to see if I'm curvy enough. Conclusion nope, I'm not!
    (I'm not losing any sleep over it)
  • DiaryOfaThickFitWoman
    Options
    Rehashing this topic again, eh?

Actually, reintroducing the prime factor- it boils down to opinion and perception.
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    <
    this
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    It's me.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    I think there's a whole helluva lot of curvy shapes.

Sherri Shepherd is curvy and top heavy. JLo is curvy and bottom heavy. Sophia Vergara is curvy and an extreme hourglass. Kate Moss is curvy and more slender hourglass.

Exactly. Kate Moss is curvy even though she's skinny.
    Kate_Moss_print.jpg