Anybody single?

Options
How have you stayed motivated to lose weight if you don't have a significant other backing you up?

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Because me being healthier and fit isn't about an SO..it's about me.
  • TheLittleLebowski
    Options
    I stayed motivated because I am single.
    Being single is motivation enough for me :p
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I think it's easier, actually. More time and energy to devote to my goals.
  • Joshacham
    Joshacham Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    When you're as ugly as I am, it's easy to be single and not worry about motivation from others.
  • Simone_King
    Simone_King Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I have my parents but in reality, their bad with motivation.

Mine comes from the fact that if I lose weight, a guy may see me for who I am and not my weight. Before I started this life style change I got the wrong kind of attention.

I guess the motivation comes from the fact that I want to do things that I can't do with my weight. Like riding horses.

The more weight I lose the better I can ride and the stronger I am.

just because you don't have a "Significant" Other doesn't mean you need to have one in order to lose weight. Motivation comes from yourself once you realize you look better becaue of the changes you are making.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    that's funny. i see some many threads about people who's significant other WON'T support them.
  • Deka61
    Deka61 Posts: 74
    Options
    After 18 years of "contentment" and over eating, I need to get back in shape, to find the girl of my dreams. So my motivation is get fitter, leaner and rebuild my confidence. I'm more confident when I'm slimmer.
  • Gettingthin67
    Options
    because i want to do this for myself and not for others, **** what others may say/think!!

foreversingle
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    I think it's easier being single.. because all the time I am not having to spend with a boyfriend I am rock climbing, doing yoga, and other things to better myself for me. :smile: Because if I don't have a good relationship with me, than how the heck would I have a good relationship with anyone else? :tongue:
  • DeMayr
    DeMayr Posts: 67
    Options
    MissAllison76, it's best to not rely on others for matters such as personal health completely in your control. Taking responsibility for your own actions, whether it be making it to the gym or eating healthy should not be something that you share with a significant other, because it is only a matter of time before you start blaming that "significant other" for your loss of motivation if you begin slacking. It's all about you.
  • swfloridagal
    Options
    Now THATS funny! And definitely NOT TRUE! :flowerforyou:
  • narcissus1199
    narcissus1199 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I think it's easier, actually. More time and energy to devote to my goals.

Exactly what I wanted to say simplified!
  • RyanWilson1993
    RyanWilson1993 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Every time I've been single the gf normally tries to wreck my healthy lifestyle, so I have no problem being single in that aspect.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    How have you stayed motivated to lose weight if you don't have a significant other backing you up?

Being selfish works for me.
  • Poorgirls_Diet
    Poorgirls_Diet Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    My ex husband was never supportive when we were together with my weight loss and I find now when I am single I want it more as I want to be able to go out there and meet someone new. My husband was a feeder and a sabotager and then turn around and call me a fat so and so and that I will never change. He was right I would never change as he was in the picture but now I have plastered pictures of me at my worst all over the place and thats enough of a motivator to get up and move your butt, believe me if you want this life change bad enough you will do anything to change it regardless if you have a significant other or not!!
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options

Your motivation for losing weight is wrong. You should be self motivated and require no ones support. If you are not self motivated you will eventually fail.
  • aalpass
    aalpass Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Meh. boys are just a distraction from my health and fitness goals. I come first :D
  • rachaelps
    rachaelps Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Ditto - being single IS my motivation.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    My reasons for looking good and working out have always been for me. I felt my ex was often trying to deter me from staying on track.
  • Huzke
    Huzke Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Being single is part of my motivation, actually.