The keys to MY success!

Options

Replies

• TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    you couldnt of said it any better .thats just what i have been doing for the past 2 weeks and lost 9lbs whilst doing it.after all we still want to enjoy life to
    Awesome!! Isn't it great?? :bigsmile: :smile:

Congrats! :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • aymetcalf
    aymetcalf Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    WOW... you are amazing. Congrats on your success! BUMP! :)
  • tonihoee
    tonihoee Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Very very motivating - Thanks!
  • tigersgirl
    tigersgirl Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    thank you for your post- very inspiring
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    One thing I forgot in my original post is that I weighed and measured everything too. It might seem silly, but it makes a huge difference to really know what a tablespoon of something is, or what 4 oz of meat is.

It helps you to see how important portion control is and helps you to learn how much food your body really needs.

:smile:
  • lisa811
    lisa811 Posts: 363
    Options
    Tam - thank you for sharing the story of your journey. What an incredible inspiration. Bumping so I can refer back when I need to! I agree that every new member should be required to read your story! :wink:
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I love reading and re-reading this post. It gives me so much strength to keep going! I hope you don't mind Tam...but I am constantly referring people to some of your posts and your story because I think its so important that people understand that they can lose weight in the correct way and be healthy! I can't imagine how daunting of a task it must have felt like in the beginning...but you did it! I am grateful you took the time to share the keys to your success!
  • femmerides
    femmerides Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    bump
  • callie365
    callie365 Posts: 689
    Options
    AMAZING Tam!! Congratulations on your success and making the choice of doing it the sensible way! :smile:
  • swillett
    swillett Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks so MUCH for posting your keys to success! I have been taking this same approach to wieght loss and know from experience that you can not go into this full force or you will give up. You look GREAT and this post is just what i needed right now.
  • KeriD
    KeriD Posts: 324
    Options
    Beautifully said!!!! You are an inspiration!!!! Congrats on all your success!!!!
  • SraArroz
    SraArroz Posts: 238
    Options
    Saving to my topics to read later! Looks so good! Thanks for sharing! =)
  • LifeAfter50
    Options
    WOW...

Thank you for sharing... I agree this should be a must read for the new comers.... :happy:

Very motivating..:flowerforyou: . Thank you again:flowerforyou:
    :drinker:
  • DreamBig
    DreamBig Posts: 2
    Options
    bumpity bump bump
  • PinkKitty724
    PinkKitty724 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Wow- thank you for this awesome post! I don't even own a scale. I use the wii to weigh myself. I think I am actually going to buy a scale now though because it might be important for me to weight myself with a real scale once a week or so in the morning before I shower =:)

Thanks!!
  • Nener
    Nener Posts: 116
    Options
    Such a helpful article!
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Thanks for being such a great role model!!!! Congratulations on your success so far.
  • odatcindy
    odatcindy Posts: 641
    Options
    Thanks for the info and the guidance. Also, some wonderful motivating comments.
  • Phera
    Phera Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Bump. I think your story is amazing and didn't want to see this thread disappear.
  • jklm
    jklm Posts: 281
    Options
    Your great advice was just what I needed to read today. It's basically all about kindness to your body and spirit, isn't it?

I dropped out of MFP and gained back all of the 26 pounds I had lost. I don't know why that happened and have spent a lot of time being depressed and sad about the weight gain and lack of energy I now have. I was so ready to give up, but something made me remember you and your success, Tami, so I logged in. Thank you for this post. I'll just stop wasting time and start getting back to my elliptical and counting calories. Thank you!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!