Tattoo to symbolize weight loss?

Options

Replies

• MavenMassage505
    Options
    How about the Purple butterfly with the Roman numerals for 100 hidden inside the wings.?
  • luvbskts
    Options
    When I get to 100lbs lost, I'm getting a barbell with 100lbs worth of weights and then the date underneath.
  • DefyGravity1977
    DefyGravity1977 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I'm getting mine in February to symbolize breaking 200 pounds. I was almost 300 pounds when I started this and so I wanted a major reward for breaking into onederland. My son who is 15 drew me an awesome cross freehand that I want in between my shoulder blades
  • lisakyak
    lisakyak Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    That's beautiful!
  • SkeletonSong
    Options
    I'm getting a lock and key on my arm because I was locked inside myself for so long and my weightloss was my key to happiness and confidence and then in roman numerals the amount of weight I've lossed total.
  • DefyGravity1977
    DefyGravity1977 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I'm getting a lock and key on my arm because I was locked inside myself for so long and my weightloss was my key to happiness and confidence and then in roman numerals the amount of weight I've lossed total.

I love the lock and Key idea!!!
  • Car0lynnM
    Car0lynnM Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    When I reach my goal weight I want to get CVXX (170 in Latin Numerals) tattooed somewhere... Not sure of a Font to use...

I like that idea! I had a laugh a few weeks ago when I realized I actually matched my drivers license....it's always been a slight fib :) That's the number I want!

my weight now matches my drivers license too...it's been way too long!

Glad I'm not the only one who made that my goal. I was 23 pounds over what my driver's license said for years. Now, i'm only a couple of pounds away. Yay. (no plans for a tat, though. I have three, and I think that's enough. for now. )
  • elaineirene84
    elaineirene84 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I want to get a frog on my back shoulder area. Once I reach my goal weight I won't be embarrassed to wear a tank top and show some skin to a stranger. It will make a great present to myself and symbolize my success.
  • weeble2008
    weeble2008 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I got a whimsical phoenix on the top of my foot....
  • coffeeMAME
    coffeeMAME Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    ive been thinking of getting one once ive lost weight, of a bird; because having so much extra weight can really keep you down and once its lost it feels so much freer. i have lost 100 lbs of my 200lb goal and already i feel like i could fly :D
  • taylorwaylor
    taylorwaylor Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I want one......... But i don't know what! I sort of like calf tattoos...and white ink ones look sweeet.
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I'm contemplating eventually getting a tattoo of a skydiver in freefall when I reach my goal.

My initial jump was my motivation to lose weight (it was way difficult to jump safely while so overweight), plus the obvious representation of 'flying', being free and all of that cheesy stuff.

ETA: oh, and it's less overdone than a bird but still represents flight :tongue:
  • missquela
    missquela Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about getting a lotus flower. It grows in a swamp, but it is so beautiful. It symbolizes purity, beauty, majesty, grace, fertility, wealth, richness, knowledge and serenity.

I'm getting a lotus tat, too... it was going to be a tribute tattoo, but I love the relation to WL you've incorporated! I'll have to wait until I hit my goal now :)
  • baddbob
    baddbob Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Here's my suggestion since this sounds like your first tattoo ( I saw you asking if it hurt.....and for most people it hurts a lot!!). I wouldn't get a tattoo symbolizing your weight loss until you have lost the weight and kept it off for a few years. If you think it's going to inspire you to keep it off, that would be a high-risk bet and you will then regret it every time you looked at it if you put your weight back on. I have a number of complex tattoos and I develop them in my head for a year or more before I have them put on. I've seen waaaaaaaay too many people regret their ink and have to do cover ink -or- worse yet have them burned off.

Couple rules to follow.

1). The ONLY names you should have put on your body is your Mom, a favorite dog or your favorite motorcycle. NEVER - EVER - EVER a husband, wife, boyfriend or girlfriend and if one of the aforementioned ever asks you to put their name on you, KICK them to the curb immediately. Having someone's name tattooed on your body is not a sign of love, it's a sign of insecurity.

2). Never do a cheap tattoo. Those $50.00-$200.00 tattoos look like $50.00-$200.00 tattoos and your ink tells people about you. If you are putting something on your body for life, pay to have it done right.

3). Never get ink when you've been drinking or partying or just hanging out with a bunch of friends. Most people end up regretting "spur of the moment" tattoos. Did I mention that I've seen many people go through the pain of cover ink and having them burned off? Either way hurts a lot more than the original tattoo itself.

4). Find a great artist, with a good number of references. Just looking at their portfolio, doesn't guarantee anything. I've seen waaaaay too many people disappointed in their results by trying to save money. Think about it....have you ever painted a room after looking at a color pallet and been disappointed with how it looks?? Well....painting a room and getting it wrong is pretty easy to fix.

5). Never do one that you think is funny. Your sense of humor and society is going to change over the years and tattoos are not like your living room carpet that you can change when it is no longer popular.

6). Always get ones that are in places that can be covered up when you need to dress professionally. You never know what career opportunities might pass you by because of ink. You might not care now.....but in 10 years, you might feel differently.

Well.....that's what I know. I'm sure others might feel differently, but like I say......I've lived this stuff long before most people on MFP were just twinkles in their parents eyes.
  • Crys1209
    Crys1209 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I don't really know if It would be considered a tattoo to symbolize weight loss but when I get to my goal weight I'm getting my maiden name down one side, then my last name now down the other. :)
  • onmywaytoskinny155
    onmywaytoskinny155 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I got the numbers 302 put on my right foot so when I stand on the scale I see where
    I was and where I am now.
  • Ashlea_M
    Ashlea_M Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I will be getting a dreamcatcher with the phrase " My dream was caught (begin date), I released it (date I reach goal)" on my ribcage. Still have 90bs to go but I'll get there.

I like this :)
  • flying_inside
    flying_inside Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I am leaning toward a purple butterfly for mine since I have always loved them and It symbolizes change. Not 100% sure though :)

Beautiful idea.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Done by Mickey Ratt, A local tattoo artist here in NJ
    59439_400727216666034_1267631504_n_zps7a7caa4c.jpg

Interesting rendition of Master Shake.

200px-Master_Shake.png
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Think about a certain image or idea that you have come to associate with weight loss. Do some Google searches. Also, check out Pinterest. They have a whole category associated with tattoos.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!