Anyone else starting over again for 2013 ?

Options

Replies

• TCamp72
    TCamp72 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm starting over as well. Several of my friends and family committed to changing themselves in 2012, and did fantastic! They are an inspiration. Rather than dwelling on my failures, I'm looking to them and their successes as part of my motivation.

Here's a successful 2013 for all of us! :glasses:
  • MogwaisGrandma
    MogwaisGrandma Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Yes, I started starting over a few days ago. I reset my starting weight, got some goal dresses, and have been doing great. I know what works for me, and although it's hard work, it's worth it.
    I wish everyone here good luck in 2013! I know you can do it!

Another one who has reset her counter to 0. I returned to MFP 2 days ago after being away for a month

I have change my whiteboard in the kitchen to a chart for weight and body measurements, bought a new bright pink/peach Speedo swim suit and hung it in under the board. The weigh scales are under that board too. There is a Silvermist Fairy hanging in my car as a reminder not to go to the takeaway on the way home from work. Cupboards are cleared out, fridge re stocked, work diary sorted to fit in exercise.

I have also done my food diary for the next 4 days to get me off to the best start.

Think I am ready to go.

So here's to a successful 2013.
  • scottcenter10
    Options
    I am starting over, but instead of beginning tomorrow or on the 2nd, I decided to start today!! I liked the fact it is the beginning of the week, and it made it easier to maintain a consistent schedule. I wish everyone the best in their journey, and I hope that I can set up a plan that will help me get rid of my excess weight.
  • moonshine_betty
    moonshine_betty Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I'm working on losing the 30 lbs I regained a few years ago; I managed to lose 10 lbs between summer and fall but have since regained those. I'm determined to make 2013 the year I succeed at this weight loss thing for good!
  • Kathie444
    Kathie444 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I just joined today and am ready to start over again to be healthy.
    Feel free to add me. I am planning on this next year to be the
    year I get in the best shape of my life
  • BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Nope, just keeping on going down the path. Happy New Year!
  • applexbean
    Options
    Yes! Starting over tomorrow and I'm kind of nervous... if anyone would like to add me as a friend, please do so, because I will need all the support and motivation I can get!! Good luck to everyone and Happy New Year!
  • bigfatbino
    bigfatbino Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Not starting over, just still going.
  • jwilson3787
    Options
    I'm starting over as well!! I have set a beginning of a new me date of Jan. 14th Happy New Year Everyone and I hope it's wonderful and healthy!!!
  • SugarBaby71
    SugarBaby71 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Options
    Meeeeee too! But instead of "hitting it hard" tomorrow to make up for all my bad-ness, I'm going to just be normal. I'm going to begin to count my calories and make better choices and try to exercise everyday... even if that means just a 30 minute walk. This year I resolve to make resolutions that I can KEEP!
  • yummymummy65
    yummymummy65 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Oh yes.... that's me. The Queen of Starting Over! This year, I'm going to work on being the Queen at Sticking To It!!!
  • RobinSB333
    Options
    I am starting over again for the millionith time. I'm turning 55 and this is the year. New healthy lifestyle to enjoy the rest of my life. Good luck to all on this journey . We can do it
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Yep, I hit my ultimate goal weight over the summer, and somewhere gained it back. Started over the day after Christmas.
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Decided to coast a little the last 5 weeks or so. Eased up on the fitness. . .slacked off majorly on the food choices. All quite consciously. Now to put the foot back on the accelerator! Well, I don't really want to lose much, but I want to really nail my fitness down and hit some running goals and some personal goals in 2013. . .It'll be a GREAT year!!
  • MystikPixie
    MystikPixie Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Me too, in more ways than just getting healthy. I recently moved back home to Tennessee from being away for almost seven years in Oklahoma. Having to find a new job, renovate my old house so I can live in it again, and getting back on track with my fitness regimen that I've let slip.

2012 was most definitely the worst year of my life. I am glad it's finally over, I'm hoping 2013 will bring me the changes I need for it be best year ever!
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I maintained through 2012 and am seeking to drop 5 pounds but lose more body fat.
    That's a new beginning.
    Good Luck Everybody, and happy new year...

ALL IS POSSIBLE!
  • bluesrocked
    Options
    Thanks for your post . I am new to this but my friend tried to get me started just a couple of months ago. I am ready to actually give it a real try. I am impressed that you have only 45 pounds to go. Congradulations!
  • x_ItNeverEnds_x
    Options
    Not starting over, just pushing on in a better manor. Must try harder.
  • dewathy
    Options
    I AM STARTING OVER AS OF TODAY--12/31/12. I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE A TEST OF MY COMMITTMENT TOWARDS EATING BEHAVIOR MODIFICATION. WE ARE GOING OUT TO EAT WITH FRIENDS AND I HAVE ALREADY LOOKED OVER THE MENU TO PICK MY CHOICES AND STICK TO THEM. HERE''S TO A HEALTHY AND HAPPY NEW YEAR. MAKE GOOD FOOD CHOICES.
  • bluesrocked
    Options
    I am new to this so I am not sure how to add you but I also need all supports. Happy New Year!