? to women burning 700+ calories a workout

Options
Question for women that tend to burn 700+ caloires per workout....what are you doing to get such a GREAT calorie burn? How much do you weigh (I know that effects calorie burn)...GOOD FOR YOU -Im just curious because I never seem to get above 500 no matter what I do.....

Replies

• Ang8178
    Ang8178 Posts: 308
    Options
    I burned 800 calories once, it was really hard todo! I spent an hour doing cardio machines then lifted weights then went back to the gym later that day!
  • deenadunkle
    Options
    Have you tried Insanity yet????? It'll get you there......
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    RUNNING. I weigh 142 and burn 100 calories for each mile i run (about).
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    I weigh 204 right now, but when I run, I burn about 550 calories in 30 minutes! At least, that's what my HRM says. Running generally keeps my heartrate in the 180-190bpm range (I'm 25 & seem to have a higher than average max heartrate - I'm breathing pretty comfortably at 180-5). So, that's how I can pretty easily burn around 700-800 cals in 45 minutes or so.
  • schaapj2
    schaapj2 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Elliptical!....I have been able to burn 815 calories in 62 minutes on resistance level 3......makes you feel great!
  • jenjen84
    jenjen84 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I weigh 195lbs and I get a 700+ calories burn by doing spin class or just straight hard cardio for an hour +, it is hard but it is so great to see that big of a number!!
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I weigh 153 lbs. and burn 700 calories riding my bike around our slightly hilly city in the northeast for 70 minutes. I burned 960 yesterday riding for an hour and 45 minutes. 25 minutes of strength training and 40 minutes of interval walking usually burns around 600 for me.
  • ractayjon
    ractayjon Posts: 365
    Options
    I burned 800 calories once, it was really hard todo! I spent an hour doing cardio machines then lifted weights then went back to the gym later that day!

So multiple hours and multiple workouts ?
  • ractayjon
    Options
    I weigh 195lbs and I get a 700+ calories burn by doing spin class or just straight hard cardio for an hour +, it is hard but it is so great to see that big of a number!!

Spin class gives me about 500 ish....
    Im weighing about 150 now and am pretty close to my goal weight, I wonder if that is why I dont burn as much...?
  • ractayjon
    Options
    Elliptical!....I have been able to burn 815 calories in 62 minutes on resistance level 3......makes you feel great!

I average about 250 per 30 minutes on an eliptical - maybe Im just not working hard enough?!
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    I weigh 197.6 and do Kickboxing, I burn over 850 cals in an hour, it is an amazing workout! AND I Love it!!:bigsmile:
  • ractayjon
    Options
    I weigh 204 right now, but when I run, I burn about 550 calories in 30 minutes! At least, that's what my HRM says. Running generally keeps my heartrate in the 180-190bpm range (I'm 25 & seem to have a higher than average max heartrate - I'm breathing pretty comfortably at 180-5). So, that's how I can pretty easily burn around 700-800 cals in 45 minutes or so.
    I ran outside today for the first time in a LONG time and did 470 calories in 60 minutes..my hrm was at about 160 most of the run (but that is higher then a treadmill run where I dont get above 145 most times).....I think I need to investigate this running outside thing for the next few months!
  • raleigh
    raleigh Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    It definitely depends on your weight- a 150 lb person uses much less energy to move than a 250 lb person.

I weigh 125-128 and getting in 300-400 cals on a regular workout is great for me, but for someone heavier it would be a walk in the park
  • Ang8178
    Ang8178 Posts: 308
    Options
    It definitely depends on your weight- a 150 lb person uses much less energy to move than a 250 lb person.

I weigh 125-128 and getting in 300-400 cals on a regular workout is great for me, but for someone heavier it would be a walk in the park

Yeah I agree.

And that day I did 800 calories, it was multiple hours and sessions! :laugh: I only did it once because that night I thought I was going to die!!!!
  • cmurphy04722
    Options
    I posted this earlier today and just wanted to share it here! It's a great article called "Why Cardio Alone Doesn't Cut Fat": http://articles.elitefts.com/training-articles/why-cardio-alone-doesnt-cut-fat/

I weigh 160 and usually can burn 300 calories in a half hour on the elliptical. If I have the time (like last night while watching baseball at the gym), I do 30-60 minutes of cardio, some circuit training, and then lift.

Be sure you're eating your exercise calories! :-)
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I burn about 650 during an hour of spin and 750 during 75 min of zumba - according to my HRM even more if I really push harder/up my tension....

I'm 214 lbs
  • salyha01
    salyha01 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I currently weigh about 170- I burn 800+ calories regularly (about 3-4 days a week). I've found that wearing my HRM ensures that I am really able to gauge how hard I am making my body work and it keeps me in the zone. In a 60 min. workout I would say that I never let my heart rate fall below 75% and for at least 40 minutes I make sure to keep it between 85-90%. Whichever machine I'm working on I just make sure to increase resistance and/or speed if I see that my HR is lagging a bit. It's good way to get your heart rate up that I've found are sprints, that is usually a good kick start on the days that my heart rate doesn't seem to want to increase. Doing this also constantly ensures that I continue to challenge myself with each and every workout.

Hope this is helpful- best of luck to you!
  • jhoyett
    jhoyett Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    How do you calculate the number of calories burned during spin class?
  • jj_22_uk2002
    Options
    wow i thought i was doing great with 123 on the wii fit

maby i should do a longer jog on it
  • deedun
    deedun Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I usually burn 800-900 calories per step class. I weight around 169lb.