What's in your Oatmeal?

Options
I love butter and sugar in mine, but need a healthier way to eat it!
Do you make it with water or milk or ??
What do you put in it?

Replies

• Lormic98
    Options
    I cook it with water, and add 1 tablespoon of peanut butter for protein, blueberries (fresh or frozen), a small amount of chopped walnuts, and soy milk. I have this every day, it's yummy and keeps me going for most of the morning, even after I've exercised.
  • maggiethemagnificent
    Options
    I love having mine with dried blueberries from Trader Joe's (they add sweetness and texture), some fresh blueberries, almonds, and milk. I look forward to it every morning! (Rather than make it in the microwave, I boil water in a kettle and pour the boiling water on the oatmeal--it's ready in 30 seconds. For whatever reason, it tastes much better!)
  • pwmw1272
    pwmw1272 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to get used to eating oatmeal....I just bought Betteroats, Oat revolution maple and brown suger instant packs.
  • ericcumbee
    ericcumbee Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    i had a rachel ray brand apple cranberry instant oatmeal for breakfast this morning. it was surprisingly good.
  • amberlykay1014
    amberlykay1014 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    PB2 and lots of raspberries & blackberries!
  • lumox1212
    lumox1212 Posts: 152
    Options
    make it w/ kettle water not microwave. little milk, little suger
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    I make mine with milk..need the calcium my doctor says.. thankgoodness the MFP phone app tracks my calcium intake.
  • missmiller1
    missmiller1 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup old fashioned oats
    1/2 cup three berry medley
    1/2 cup almond milk
    1 tbsp flaxseed
    Cinnamon to taste

Calories: 235

Mix together and put in the fridge overnight.
  • BeachGurl815
    BeachGurl815 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I have a packet of plain oatmeal made with hot water and add a Tablespoon of peanut butter and chopped up banana. I usually have this for breakfast at work. Its quick and filling and yummy.
  • Alyssa__Lauren
    Alyssa__Lauren Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Water, a teaspoon of cinnamon, and blueberries :)
  • Alyssa__Lauren
    Alyssa__Lauren Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I have a packet of plain oatmeal made with hot water and add a Tablespoon of peanut butter and chopped up banana. I usually have this for breakfast at work. Its quick and filling and yummy.

OMG i think i'm going to try this tomorrow.
  • johned63
    johned63 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I make a mix of rolled oats and 7 Grain with flax seed cereal. I add in a tsp of brown sugar, a tablespoon of raisins, and a sprinkle of cinnamon. I cook it with water and eat it that way. Lately I have been adding a splash of almond milk.
  • blackmagic10
    blackmagic10 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    real pb and almond milk
  • rrrayondesoleil
    Options
    OH GOSH YES AN OATMEAL THREAD <3

My favourite is made with water, then I layer on some banana slices, natural peanut butter, flax seeds, and cinnamon, then drizzle maple syrup over the whole thing. It is heaven <3
  • AyaKara
    AyaKara Posts: 220
    Options
    I use 1 cup of water, a scoop of protein powder & a 2-3 teaspoons of cinnamon. Then, I put in banana slices & mash them. I mix it up. Then I top it off with raisins & mix it in. It's my favorite part of the day! :heart:

My mom personally does cinnamon & blueberries. I've also done apples with cinnamon. Try it!
  • drkuhl2017
    drkuhl2017 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I make mine with water... I add 1 TBSP of brown sugar, a pinch or 2 of cinnamon, and either pineapple chunks or peach slices. It's freakishly delicious :)
  • LoveAlwaysAlisa
    LoveAlwaysAlisa Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I eat mine with 1 tbs butter, some cinnamon, and a packet of sweetener (made with water)....it's my go to breakfast with light orange juice and maybe some turkey sausage or bacon . :smile:
  • Hichiko
    Hichiko Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I tend to cook about 1/2 a cup of oats in a combination of one cup almond milk/one cup water. With that as the base, I've put everything from fresh fruit to mini marshmallows and a spoonful of chocolate chips into the pot. Homemade oatmeal's become a staple in my breakfast options, now. <3
  • Dpade1337
    Options
    I cook mine with water, and put brown sugar, and honey...sometimes nuts and a small amount of milk on it.