Over 200 New Year New Me Part 14

Options
New thread ladies!! I have met the 30 pound mark again and I am never looking back.I did awesome this weekend with calories and working out and I didn't even log them.I woke up this morning TOM was gone and I weighed in at 226.WOOOOOO HOOO !!! 27 more pounds to go and I will be at my first goal.Hey I know it seems like alot to lose but I have already lost 30 pounds and another 30 isn't going to be that hard either.Wish me luck and the rest of you are kicking major butt.Momma love your challenge.I :heart: SQUATS!! I have been doing 50 every other day.But my legs are strong and can handle it .I wouldn't recommended it for beginners lol.

Replies

• RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!! 30 to go! Time for lots of hard work!
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    Good Job Ann!!!!!!!
  • snowflakes
    snowflakes Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    50 squats?!?!? Impressive!
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the new link....and way to go on 50 squats! You go girl :)

Congrates on your 30 pound loss...and hopefully those other 30 pounds will come off too...Good Luck girl!!!
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    I will keep doing my baby squats and hope my knees improve over time! Maybe when the body they are supporting is lighter they'll feel better?

I had sushi for lunch. yeah. Well... uhm... yeah.

MARI COME AND YELL AT ME!!!! The smart cookie system on MFP places sushi ads to the right of my screen all day and that doesn't help me much. Not any ol' sushi - but a picture of an Alaska roll (smoked salmon and avocado) which is my favorite!

I'll get my Week5 Day1 of 5K101 in tonight and then put in at lest 30 minutes on the upper body part of the circuit training weights. Maybe I'll also get on the elliptical for 35 minutes - that would probably help quite a bit! maybe even enough to allow me to have a smoothie for dinner?

LittleSpy - bugs don't bother me but I'm a fool when I see some poor little grass snake! There are big ol' black snakes in the attic at the farm and even though we have NEVER had one 'inside' the house I get all creeped out sleeping there. We only know they're in the attic because we find *gulp* big snakes skins up there!

Positively_Me - my sister and her wife are now making their own yogurt thanks to you! They make it by the half gallon, splitting it out into four pint jars. They're making smoothies for breakfast every morning using the yogurt, frozen fruit, and honey with a little vanilla for a flavor boost. I told them to try tossing in from fresh spinach for an extra kick!
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Awestfall: I say we lose our next 30 lbs. together! I've stalled out a bit on the weight loss here and need some extra motivation, so let's do this!

Why is it that I find work so darned boring lately? Grr.
  • MariSama44
    MariSama44 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    mstahl: RAR! :yawn: (I know thats yawning but it can be yelling too! haha) I'm yelling at you! Why am I yelling at you? For eating too much sushi? Just dont eat too much of it, lol, its the rice that gets you. I wouldnt mind some either, but you could always try cutting back calories with a veggie roll or try eating nigiri sushi instead. Some places even make it with brown rice, which is best. (like publix!) also try other japanese fare, like udon or miso soup.
    I recently went out for japanese and split a plate of eel sushi rolls with a friend as a small appetizer then had a seafood hotpot soup. Udon noodles are made from wheat, but alot of other japanese soups have rice noodle in them which is lower calorie...Coolest part, this restaurant served me YAM noodes in my hotpot. They're really cool! They're made from yams and are negative calories, read about it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shirataki_noodles

Zero calorie noodles? :noway: FTW. Just be advised and season them well.
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Awestfall: I say we lose our next 30 lbs. together! I've stalled out a bit on the weight loss here and need some extra motivation, so let's do this!

Why is it that I find work so darned boring lately? Grr.
    I am with you girl!!! Lets roll these pounds right off:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Ann- wow 50 squats?! you are my hero. I hate squats!!!

I think its def time to kick it up a notch! I have been slacking on the excercise big time lately.

Checking in for tonight 4/12/10:
    calories- 1222...might find something to make it up to 1250
    water- yup
    sodium- 1500
    excercise- 7 min job, 3 min warm up, 30 mins on bike
    proud- that i went to the gym, Ive been lacking major motivation lately

Have a great night everyone

Cris
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    Thanks everyone for making friends with Miranda. I was feeling so proud of all of you!!! You all came through for me in a big way!!!! Miranda is also so excited about the fact that she can eat and still lose weight. She was showing me her diary and saying "Wow Mom, this is so easy look at all that food I can eat." We are having a veggie filled stir fry with a little bit of left over pork in it. Yum with brown rice ( I have only made it once and did not like it plain) I am trying something different this time. So I am making sure that she is eating healthy as well. I am so pleased at her wanting to start a healthy lifestyle. I was very thin at her age but I ate terribly and then it caught up with me, I don't want that for her. Well see you all later, time to workout with my girl:heart:
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Options
    Spiders scare me, too. But I am even more afraid of cockroaches and junebugs! :embarassed:

check in:
    cals: under by 100. I am still hungry. :grumble: I made bad choices today.
    water: 90
    exercise: this is my off day but I did walk for fifteen minutes.
    proud: I'm going to bed early instead of overeating!

Goodnight, all! :yawn:
  • ColoradoGirl
    ColoradoGirl Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Holy Cow.. It took me a while to read through all the posts. Today I was very busy.. Out in the yard yet again. Finally got the garden compost tilled, tilled a second time and rows put in it for planting. If the weather hold out I should be able to plant in about a week!

I HATE spiders.. they give me the hebe geezies... ick.. I did not go and look at the pic for fear that I would have nightmares to.

Unfortunately I failed at the challenge today. From all the flagstone yesterday, digging and moving yard stuff to today's adventure in the garden I have a few battle wounds that include bruises and very sore quads.

Tomorrow I have a busy day at work but, will try and get some squats in.

check in

Calories.. GREAT
    Exercise.. Yard Work
    Water... Did great got in 120 ounces and still going
    Proud.. I am not making excuses about doing hard work and am back in the swing of things!

TTYL
    Night
  • jennbarrette
    jennbarrette Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    check in -
    water - almost got my 8 glasses in, will finish up tonight
    calories - under
    exercise - 20 min walk, playing with kids in the yard
    proud - I have more energy and can keep after my kids better than ever!
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    awestfall - WTG on 30 lbs and the 50 squats.

HOpefully i will hit my 30 lbs soon i just seems to go back and forth right below it , hoping i get down there soon.

ate pretty good i think today, havne't logged my cals i am about to do that ..
  • lildebbie
    Options
    Check in

Cals - Right now i am sitting at like 1100 , that is very low for me i am usally never this low...would of been lower but i had two peppermint candies...who knew they had so many calories..20 a piece... I may get something else stilll..that is a little over 400 calories less than my norm calories.
    Water - nada
    exercise - nada - well i did do some squats while waiting for the dog to go potty.
    Proud - I ate really good today...maybe too good :) Given that i am not meeting my birthday goal (since it is on sunday) but am going to just do my best.
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    So I never actually logged my excercises. Today was a prety typical day at the gym so I decided to log it. Turns out I was burning at least 600 cals which gave me a Huge deficit. Like way too big..I'd be getting under 600 cal per day if I didn't eat excrcise cals. Seeing it put that way really made me understand y I need to eat more ok gtg to bed gnite!
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Checking in!

Calories - record shows just under but I'm a little over - just too lazy to find a smoothie with the same exact calories as the one I ate for dinner :yawn:
    Water - not quite but pretty good over all!
    Exercise - Week 5 Day 1 of the 5K101 - it was three sets of 8 minute jogs with two minute recovery walks - I had to stretch the last recovery walk to about five minutes before I could do the last 8 minute jog:ohwell:

Proud - that I actually JOGGED EIGHT MINUTES and I did it THREE TIMES! Granted... the last jog I kept looking over my shoulder to make sure a walker wasn't gaining on me:embarassed: I even RAN the last minute!

Now I'm icing my knee! OUCH both my left quad and my left knee are killing me.

Off to bed and tomorrow it's low impact swimming at the rec!
  • lildebbie
    Options
    Check in

Cals - Right now i am sitting at like 1100 , that is very low for me i am usally never this low...would of been lower but i had two peppermint candies...who knew they had so many calories..20 a piece... I may get something else stilll..that is a little over 400 calories less than my norm calories.
    Water - nada
    exercise - nada - well i did do some squats while waiting for the dog to go potty.
    Proud - I ate really good today...maybe too good :) Given that i am not meeting my birthday goal (since it is on sunday) but am going to just do my best.

So i decided to work out after all today..Did 20 min on my ea active...i am sore now..maybe i will sleep better being all worn out :)
  • jesyka
    jesyka Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Awestfall-You are doing amazing!! Congrats on your first 30 gone

Momma-I think it's awesome that you've gotten your daughter involved in eating healthier. I found my fiance and I were rewarding my 2yr old with treats that weren't good for her so we've stopped that and now reward with activities like swimming or going to the park. I realized I was setting her up to want junk [she's great right now, loves everything from broccoli to liver and onions]

lil debbie- You've got 2lbs, 2lbs til you hit that 30 gone mark and you're gonna do that in no time :)

Checking in..

Calories-under by about 200
    Water-almost made it
    Exercise-30 mins walking and 15mins playing frisbee with my fiance and daughter
    Proud-We're looking into getting a gym membership for the family :) I'm starting to get us all more active again :D
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Check in for
    3/12
    Calories:1038---really low. I didn't get home from the gym until after 9 and didn't want to eat a real heavy dinner. That's not including a few handfuls of popcorn so I'm thinking I'm right around 1200. Plus. It wont hurt to have a deficit for the big weekend I have coming up right!?
    Sodium:1420
    Water: 120oz
    Exercise: w5d2 of c25k and 10 minutes on the bike
    Proud: I took it slow with the 8 minute jogs and definitely owned it!!

Check back in later! Have a great day everybody!