What is Curvy?

Options

Replies

• taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    What is your opinion of curvy? Is it a specific size? Shape? I wonna know!

you asked for MY OPINION and so here it is.

Two types of Curvy

1) Fat chicks who call themselves curvy when they should be calling the stairmaster while putting down the dunkin donuts. Most girls who call themselves curvy fall into this category (this category also includes chicks who think every guy is after her when really... we're not. Or, we're trying to talk to her to ask her to move out of the way so we can talk to her friend)

2) The REAL curvy girls. These are just that. Curvy. They're not slim stick thin. They're not overweight or obese. They're fit but are not RIPPED either. It possibly have something to do with the bone structure/genetics but they look HOT to me (and so do other body shapes/types who are fit).

\You don't need to be a jerk about it you know, can't we just let women not completely hate their bodies?

First, not being a jerk. If you don't want an answer you don't wanna hear, don't ask the question

Second, Why is it MY problem that YOU are so insecure that a stranger on the internet is making you hate your own body?

Third, learn to read a joke please. It isn't hard. Sometimes it is good to laugh at the fact that some fatties are delusional (including me). Laugh about it. Makes it easier to be happy and easier to get to the point of fitness you desire.

You aren't making me feel insecure. I don't care what you think. But I can guarantee some women might feel degraded by comments like 'they should be on the stairmaster instead of eating dunkin donuts'. Almost every fat chick I know tries to diet and exercise - it's just harder for them (usually because of emotional issues that make them overeat). People who say stuff like this are not helpful.

When I was in my teen years, I was morbidly obese. Like 170lbs heavier than I am now. People called me a whale. People moo'ed at me when I walked down the street and screamed obscenities out the window. I hated my body, I hated myself and I just wanted to die. I honestly didn't care. These body shaming comments would have just made me feel worse about myself. I attempted suicide twice and was in counselling and on medication.

What changed? I found some friends who cared about me, got a job, got a little bit more self esteem and finally started to want to make the change. Had I actually learned to like myself a little bit more when I was larger, I probably would have gotten there sooner. But because people like you would tell me I should hate my body it made me hate myself

I know fat people are an easy target for people like you. You are justifying it by making out we all think we're top ****. We don't. We're just trying to get by with a shred of dignity and our ego in tact.

I'm sorry, was this wall of text there to make me feel bad about my opinions?

If you were 170 lbs overweight, thats your problem to feel bad about. Not mine. I got my own health issues but I don't run around crying to others saying "you're a jerk for telling me the truth!"
  • Colombianchick29
    Colombianchick29 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Boobies, hips and booty!
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    A SILLY label some people use to describe the female body.
    yup^
  • ElizabethRaeBarnes
    ElizabethRaeBarnes Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I had a nice black lady on the train to work tell me that I am "fabulous" and that I could be a sister. She told me later on that I have 'da curve to be a siser!' I was complimented. :) haha. My family all have round butts and long legs.
  • FGVC1188
    FGVC1188 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    It's a shape, not a size.

This.
  • honkytonks85
    honkytonks85 Posts: 669 Member
    Options

you asked for MY OPINION and so here it is.

Two types of Curvy

1) Fat chicks who call themselves curvy when they should be calling the stairmaster while putting down the dunkin donuts. Most girls who call themselves curvy fall into this category (this category also includes chicks who think every guy is after her when really... we're not. Or, we're trying to talk to her to ask her to move out of the way so we can talk to her friend)

2) The REAL curvy girls. These are just that. Curvy. They're not slim stick thin. They're not overweight or obese. They're fit but are not RIPPED either. It possibly have something to do with the bone structure/genetics but they look HOT to me (and so do other body shapes/types who are fit).

\You don't need to be a jerk about it you know, can't we just let women not completely hate their bodies?

First, not being a jerk. If you don't want an answer you don't wanna hear, don't ask the question

Second, Why is it MY problem that YOU are so insecure that a stranger on the internet is making you hate your own body?

Third, learn to read a joke please. It isn't hard. Sometimes it is good to laugh at the fact that some fatties are delusional (including me). Laugh about it. Makes it easier to be happy and easier to get to the point of fitness you desire.

You aren't making me feel insecure. I don't care what you think. But I can guarantee some women might feel degraded by comments like 'they should be on the stairmaster instead of eating dunkin donuts'. Almost every fat chick I know tries to diet and exercise - it's just harder for them (usually because of emotional issues that make them overeat). People who say stuff like this are not helpful.

When I was in my teen years, I was morbidly obese. Like 170lbs heavier than I am now. People called me a whale. People moo'ed at me when I walked down the street and screamed obscenities out the window. I hated my body, I hated myself and I just wanted to die. I honestly didn't care. These body shaming comments would have just made me feel worse about myself. I attempted suicide twice and was in counselling and on medication.

What changed? I found some friends who cared about me, got a job, got a little bit more self esteem and finally started to want to make the change. Had I actually learned to like myself a little bit more when I was larger, I probably would have gotten there sooner. But because people like you would tell me I should hate my body it made me hate myself

I know fat people are an easy target for people like you. You are justifying it by making out we all think we're top ****. We don't. We're just trying to get by with a shred of dignity and our ego in tact.

I'm sorry, was this wall of text there to make me feel bad about my opinions?

If you were 170 lbs overweight, thats your problem to feel bad about. Not mine. I got my own health issues but I don't run around crying to others saying "you're a jerk for telling me the truth!"

I was hoping you'd try and consider the things you say from another persons perspective. It's this little thing decent human beings like to call empathy. I guess I was sort of asking a little much huh. Good luck to you sir.

And why would I feel bad, I lost the 170lbs, and no thanks to ****heads like you.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I was hoping you'd try and consider the things you say from another persons perspective. It's this little thing decent human beings like to call empathy. I guess I was sort of asking a little much huh. Good luck to you sir.

And why would I feel bad, I lost the 170lbs, and no thanks to ****heads like you.

Yeah sorry the human decency doesn't come pouring out of me when somebody calls me names.
  • honkytonks85
    honkytonks85 Posts: 669 Member
    Options

Yeah sorry the human decency doesn't come pouring out of me when somebody calls me names.

Okay, whatever you need to say to justify making fun of fat chicks.
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    Curvy is a body shape. Thin girls can have curves too. I hate it when fat girls consider themselves curvy just cause they have extra 'meat' on them. If it doesn't look like curves, they're not curvy.
  • CherokeeTopaz
    CherokeeTopaz Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely curvy.. lol an hourglass figure as well :p
  • keithmustloseweight
    keithmustloseweight Posts: 309 Member
    Options

If internet dating profiles are anything to go by, curvy means a single planetary-scale curve rather than multiple curves
  • jbeane75
    Options
    CherokeeTopaz is perfect curvy!
  • CherokeeTopaz
    CherokeeTopaz Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    CherokeeTopaz is perfect curvy!

Oh.. thank you!!! :)
  • bettacheckyoself
    Options
    Definitely a shape ...there are attractive curves and unattractive curves ...both can make the overall body appear curvy.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    'curvy' discussion = body shaming bait, totally subjective and pointless discussion, let's move on now.
  • leantool
    leantool Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    'curvy' discussion = body shaming bait, totally subjective and pointless discussion, let's move on now.
    absolutely....
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Curvy is a body shape. Thin girls can have curves too. I hate it when fat girls consider themselves curvy just cause they have extra 'meat' on them. If it doesn't look like curves, they're not curvy.

THIS.

I'm sorry, but it annoys me when people think that "curvy" means big. You don't have to be a certain size to be curvy. It's a SHAPE.

Perfect example of someone who is small but is also curvy is Jennifer Lawrence

Picture_1_741.png

or Beyonce

35lyxzb.jpg

That being said, it can also be someone plus sized. It has to do with SHAPE not SIZE
  • jokhan
    jokhan Posts: 4
    Options
    hourglass is classed as curvey xx
  • valinusultionis
    Options
    Not a specific size, definitely more a shape.

Personal examples for me would be Christina Hendricks (who is *not* fat, regardless of crazies saying she should be ashamed of a bangin' bod), Alicia Witt, Dita Von Teese, Queen Latifah, Jennifer Hudson, Zara Curtis, and, painfully, my youngest kid. Can't look that last one up, but she and Ms Curtis have very similar builds.

This is me going to find a baseball bat for when she starts dating..
  • TattooedPinUpGal
    Options
    I like having "curves" :)

and my hourglass figure. (photos under my photos)

All women; every shape and size are wonderful. With curves or without them.