I shot the sheriff (smoking pot/fitness, can you do it?)

Options

Replies

• BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    once in a blue moon..., but when summer comes and I'm in the Caribbean...well, I still work out on holiday if the place or hotel has a gym.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    I found the only way I could get through a serious workout was to be blazin'. I never had a problem with munchies. I'd get stoney, work out, and zone out to the music. By the time I was done, I was 45 minutes into a workout and had no pain.
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Arnold smoked. The munchies = muscle growth
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Yes I can : )
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Never done it, so I wouldn't know. I would assume the fact that people talk about how they get the munchies that it would be a problem.
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Let's smoke some weed and go to the gym! -No one ever
    Ha yeah that about sums it up!
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Every acquainted person I know smokes weed has a major streak of loser.
    It could be isolated to this community.
    I suppose it can make a guy feel good and all, but again, all I ever had to do was look at a dope smoker, and that's all it took.
    Count me OUT!
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Let's smoke some weed and go to the gym! -No one ever
    Actually...
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    It can be done but like others said it just takes willpower to not go into that couch lock mode lol
  • emmalouc93
    emmalouc93 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    It could be isolated in this community.
    I suppose it can make a guy feel good and all, but again, all I ever had to do was look at a dope smoker, and that's all it took.
    Count me OUT!

I agree with this, so it must not be exclusive to your community ha ha.
  • shanmackie
    shanmackie Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Did you know when you burn fat, you release stored THC? :D I wouldn't smoke AND work out though but doing the two separately throughout your life shouldn't be a problem. And as far as munchies go, a good crunch veggie with some sort of seasoning is always fantastic! :D
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    i've got no problem with it. i run 10-12 miles a week, too. cigarettes were what hindered my activity. once i quit those 4 months ago i was able to run with no problems. that said, it does make me lazy at times, and i try to limit my usage to after the workouts are done and whenever i want, on rest days.
  • Changing_Charity
    Changing_Charity Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    i smoke weed every day of my life. and as of today, i have lost 40 lbs in less than 3 months. :)
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Clogging your lungs is NEVER a good idea. Alcohol is a normal part of your metabolism, so occasional drinks almost dont count at all.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    ...i mean, they'll eat well all day/week, then one day get really high and that one *kitten* skinny friend will look at them all and say,

hey. taco bell.

and its all over.

:laugh:
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    It's not particularly good for your lungs and it makes calorie restrictions harder to adhere to.

However if you're comparing it to the effects alcohol has on weight loss . . . .
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    It could be isolated in this community.
    Count me OUT!

they may have just been every user you knew smoked weed. i.e. the ones who aren't losers don't go around with blood shot eyes mumbling about weed. some of us don't announce that crap.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    i smoke weed every day of my life. and as of today, i have lost 40 lbs in less than 3 months. :)

Yeah, but you are 23 and were almost 100 pounds overweight. Maybe you would have figured it out sooner if you weren't smoking?
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    hey, if u don't get munchies, it's all u bro but if u go to the fridge after every lightup, hell no!
  • d_Mode
    d_Mode Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I...uh...dang it, what was I saying?
This discussion has been closed.