Tried and Tired I GIVE UP

Options

Replies

• lisaskaggs1969
    lisaskaggs1969 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You can get back on track! Come on you can do it for the love of youself! I gave up to threw the holidays but i'm back on track and i want let anything stop me... so I know you can too...... try eating a ruby red grapefruit before you eat in the morning and at lunch u will shed the pounds..I started on 1-2-2013 and i lost a pound a day!
  • disneygallagirl
    disneygallagirl Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I believe today you are down, but don't think you have gien up because you are here ....asking for support and there are great supportive people here! You can do it, it is one day at a time. Feel free to add me as a friend and check out my blog on the book French Women don't get fat - some good tips here......wishing you a better day.
  • fausto412
    fausto412 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I was doing so well..but then the holidays came and I stop logging. This party and that party kept telling myself ""I 'll start over tomorrow " tomorrow always came and went. I've lost my way,lost my will and my drive with not a one single soul to say Hey mom stay focused or hey hunni you're looking great. I've tried and I'm so tired, maybe this is how God wants me to be.

14 lbs lost!! hang in there! don't be a quitter!
  • 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    1Pretty_Busy_Mom Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Thanks
  • 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    Options
    Thanks
  • 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    Options
    I was doing so well..but then the holidays came and I stop logging. This party and that party kept telling myself ""I 'll start over tomorrow " tomorrow always came and went. I've lost my way,lost my will and my drive with not a one single soul to say Hey mom stay focused or hey hunni you're looking great. I've tried and I'm so tired, maybe this is how God wants me to be.

14 lbs lost!! hang in there! don't be a quitter!
    Thanks a lot..just feel into a depressing mode. Today I'm ready to start over.
  • Poohsbabe
    Options
    You have to realize that you have to come to terms with your weight and decide if this is what you want...but NEVER give up. Sometimes family is the last to notice. Remember there are people here that will support you all the way...good luck!
  • 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    Options
    Well, if there is a god isn't the premise given is that we have free will? So it's not a case of god wanting you to be fat or god making you be fat. It's a case of you choosing to be this way. You really do have a say in this. You really do control your own behavior. Your life is not pre-ordained. You have the power and the choice to direct your own life.

You lost your way, ok, so you messed up. Unless you have a time machine you cannot go back and change what you did over the holidays, so keep it in the past. Move forward, starting today! You can do this! Be unwilling to accept defeat. Accept and embrace change. Be willing to change.
    Yeah I lost my way, but I think I was more disappointed in myself for knowing what I needed and should've been doing and just not doing it. I saw a lot of pics of my close friends that lost the weight and look amazing which made me feel down even more. I'm ready to start over. THANKS FOR THE STRAIGHT TELL IT LIKE IT IS
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    If you truly wanted to quit on yourself, you would not have started this thread.
    Just buck up, start fresh and push ahead. Set your goals high, and enjoy the journey.
    “As long as you’re going to be thinking anyway, think big.” Donald Trump
    As you work through this challenge, keep in mind a vision of yourself enjoying optimal health and peak fitness.
    Don't settle for defeat.
    Reach for your FULL POTENTIAL - whatever that is for you.

All Is Possible!
  • 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    Options
    You have to realize that you have to come to terms with your weight and decide if this is what you want...but NEVER give up. Sometimes family is the last to notice. Remember there are people here that will support you all the way...good luck!
    you're right family (kids) barely notice..except my 10 year old daughter. She always has something to say about what I'm eating and if I'm working out. Lol... husband never ever notices anything. Doesn't care about his weight or height. I'm just going to have to thinking or worrying about others and do this for me. Thanks for the support
  • gemmalu
    gemmalu Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Christmas is a time to enjoy yourself and spend time with your family and friends. I worked hard before Christmas to lose some weight and to be good because I knew that things would slide over the holiday. Don't give up - it's just a bump in the road!

To get over it I will take any chocolates or cakes left in the house into work for my colleagues (not an attempt to make my colleagues fat so that I look thinner, promise) and then my house will be a temptation free zone. Got a few friends coming round tonight to share the last of the 'naughty' Christmas party food to get it out of the freezer and then I am back on it. Allow yourself time to be human :-)
  • LewisSpendlow
    Options
    Don't make weight loss a chore, I realised that after my last attempt. Think about being healthy, not about being a size 0 (not assuming you are, that's just an example). I feel so much better that I'm eating much more nutritious foods and have so much energy lately.

You've done so well up to now, don't give up! You deserve to see results from your hard work :)

Oh and, who doesn't eat crap over Christmas? We're all guilty of it. Just start a fresh.
  • 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    Options
    If you truly wanted to quit on yourself, you would not have started this thread.

Makes sense..absolutely right! I'm still here.

Just buck up, start fresh and push ahead. Set your goals high, and enjoy the journey.
    Starting fresh!!

“As long as you’re going to be thinking anyway, think big.” Donald Trump

Lol..I love it Thanks

As you work through this challenge, keep in mind a vision of yourself enjoying optimal health and peak fitness.
    Don't settle for defeat.
    Reach for your FULL POTENTIAL - whatever that is for you.

All Is Possible!
  • 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    Options
    Christmas is a time to enjoy yourself and spend time with your family and friends. I worked hard before Christmas to lose some weight and to be good because I knew that things would slide over the holiday. Don't give up - it's just a bump in the road!

To get over it I will take any chocolates or cakes left in the house into work for my colleagues (not an attempt to make my colleagues fat so that I look thinner, promise) and then my house will be a temptation free zone. Got a few friends coming round tonight to share the last of the 'naughty' Christmas party food to get it out of the freezer and then I am back on it.

Allow yourself time to be human :-)
    This go round I'm setting realistic goals...and will allow myself to be human!!!
  • WrenStory
    WrenStory Posts: 103
    Options
    I'd advise not to wait on God, the kids or the significant other to motivate you along... changes tend to happen because someone wants to change bad enough. When it hurts to look in the mirror bad enough, or hurts walking up the stairs, etc.

Giving up will assuredly take you nowhere fast. Why don't you take a breather... get a notebook and jot down the pros & cons of losing weight (or whatever it is you're trying to implement), and just be blatantly honest with yourself. Then, come back to things in the morning with a clear head.

It's not nearly as hard as it feels. Emotions cloud our minds and make things seem hard. You can do it. It's just a matter of taking some steps to get there.
  • 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    Options

Have come to terms with my weight, and this is not me. I don't want to be this way. I will not accept this any longer.
  • 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    Options
    I'd advise not to wait on God, the kids or the significant other to motivate you along... changes tend to happen because someone wants to change bad enough. When it hurts to look in the mirror bad enough, or hurts walking up the stairs, etc.

Giving up will assuredly take you nowhere fast. Why don't you take a breather... get a notebook and jot down the pros & cons of losing weight (or whatever it is you're trying to implement), and just be blatantly honest with yourself. Then, come back to things in the morning with a clear head.

It's not nearly as hard as it feels. Emotions cloud our minds and make things seem hard. You can do it. It's just a matter of taking some steps to get there.

Emotions did get the best of me..I saw that my friends had lost a lot of weight and looked great which made me feel like something was wrong with me..
  • BarbaraC47
    BarbaraC47 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Thats the attitude! Thats why I am on here at 65 years of age losing weight. You lost a couple of weeks, I lost decades....BUT I AM NOT GIVING UP, neither should you!! Jump right back on it as I am, you know you are worth it :wink:
  • 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    Options
    Don't make weight loss a chore, I realised that after my last attempt. Think about being healthy, not about being a size 0 (not assuming you are, that's just an example). I feel so much better that I'm eating much more nutritious foods and have so much energy lately.

You've done so well up to now, don't give up! You deserve to see results from your hard work :)

Oh and, who doesn't eat crap over Christmas? We're all guilty of it. Just start a fresh.

Size 0 Lol..not even when I was born. LOL.. starting fresh
  • yaddayaddayadda
    yaddayaddayadda Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I know people might not like this, but it is not God. It is all up to you. If you want it... really want it, you can make the changes. By saying that God wants you to be this way, you are using God as an excuse not to change.

Maintaining a healthy lifestyle and weight is not easy in the environment in which we live. If you want it go and get it:wink::wink: