What's the worst thing said about your weight ?

Options

Replies

• hlavers
    hlavers Posts: 32
    Options
    My first boyfriend told me he would probably treat me better if I lost weight. He also said his friends told him he could do better than me because I was fat and then about a year after we broke up when he was trying to get me back and bought me some Easter chocolate and I said I was trying to watch what I ate he looked at me and said, 'that's what you always say but nothing ever seems to change."

Yeah, what a winner eh?

Thankfully 10 years later I am married to the BEST man who loves me and thinks I look sexy at any weight. <3
  • McAlyna
    McAlyna Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I always get this joke from friends that I've been going to the gym and my 3.5 yr old is so skinny instead.
  • AmeliaMilli
    Options
    My mother aways calls me fat since I was 8 years old. She did this too when I was 95lbs and I suffered from anorexia. She aways says nobody want a fat girl and nobody will want me. And maybe she's right because well, I'm 21 and nobody wanted me in my whole life.
  • nikkibikki1234
    Options
    Some of these posts are really hurtful. I cannot imagine how i would feel if some of the things said here where said to me. However I do remember alot of nasty things being said at school and by ex boyfriends about my weight. However I didn't really care what they thought so the comments never stuck. The only one that has stuck was my mum, I came down in a string vest which are clingy anyway, she grabbed my belly poked it and proceeded to say "you have put on alot of weight". I know its not as hurtful as some of the horrid comments on here. But it was the fact it was my own mother... i think thats why it stuck so much.
  • BeeRobin
    BeeRobin Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I was at a state fair with my kids who wanted to see the racing pigs.

The last race is when they race their really, really big pigs...but before they open the pen for them to race the carnival guy says he needs a couple of cheerleaders from the audience--who can really cheer on his best, fastest, etc.

I knew what was coming....so I tried to make myself inconspicuous (as if that were possible) but he zeroed in on me and picked me out for the "baddest pig of them all...Tyrone" which was a very large 350lb hog.

Of course--I was humilated and wanted to leave--but my kids (who were toddlers) were having such a great time and wanted to see "mommy's pig win!"

The carnival guy made very disparaging comments about "my pig" and how it took a special cheerleader with a "big ol pot belly" or a big "hog" to cheer on his biggest pig.

Of course--the damn pig won...and he wanted me to come up and get a poster or some stupid gift. I was humiliated beyond compare and still cry about that to this day. Of course--at the time it didn't spur me on to do anything. I really fell into a bad spiral and gained even more weight.

I can recall that humiliation in my head so vividly.

Now, I'd like to punch the #$%#$% out of that guy.
  • kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Seen a lot of these about as a common saying, but here is mine -

Just before I started changing my diet (about July last year), I walked into a local shop while on holiday to buy a pack of cigarettes. I was wearing a maxi dress, and was about 197lbs about this time, and because I'm only 20 I usually get ID'd. So I ask the guy behind the counter, and I have this a lot - a lot of people apologise for asking for ID. It's their job so I usually don't care. But he started to nervously talk to justify himself - which he doesn't need to.

His words were to this effect - 'I know you're pregnant but you could be any age so I still need to ask for your ID, just in case.'

I wasn't the first one to hear this, my mother was and she quickly sprung to my defense. It didn't hurt me, just amused me how rude people can be. For one, if I was pregnant why on earth would I be smoking?

Before anyone says anything, I have quit smoking. :)
  • MbiggsHFD319
    MbiggsHFD319 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I have had lots of hurtful things said to me thru my years of battling my weight, but the worst I think was after I lost most of my weight. My Sister-in-law told anyone who would listen that I was only losing weight because I want to try to look better than my daughters and compete with them for their boyfriends.
    Just wanted to add one other thing that has always stuck with me were the words my now husband once told me when we were dating,at the time I was not really fat but just a bit over weight (actually weighed about the same as I do now just my body fat % was higher). He told me that after we were married that he would divorce me if I ever got fat. Those were just about the most hurtful and scariest words I had ever heard and they are still embedded into the back of my mind.
  • toaoLIZ
    toaoLIZ Posts: 16
    Options
    i've been told all sorts of things everyone has already posted . but the worst one i've ever gotten -

i was walking in walmart with someone and as he trailed behind me he started singing a song . the song was the one from family guy where stewie followed some fat guy playing the tuba ? yeah ...
  • Lize11e
    Lize11e Posts: 419
    Options
    I was at a state fair with my kids who wanted to see the racing pigs.

The last race is when they race their really, really big pigs...but before they open the pen for them to race the carnival guy says he needs a couple of cheerleaders from the audience--who can really cheer on his best, fastest, etc.

I knew what was coming....so I tried to make myself inconspicuous (as if that were possible) but he zeroed in on me and picked me out for the "baddest pig of them all...Tyrone" which was a very large 350lb hog.

Of course--I was humilated and wanted to leave--but my kids (who were toddlers) were having such a great time and wanted to see "mommy's pig win!"

The carnival guy made very disparaging comments about "my pig" and how it took a special cheerleader with a "big ol pot belly" or a big "hog" to cheer on his biggest pig.

Of course--the damn pig won...and he wanted me to come up and get a poster or some stupid gift. I was humiliated beyond compare and still cry about that to this day. Of course--at the time it didn't spur me on to do anything. I really fell into a bad spiral and gained even more weight.

I can recall that humiliation in my head so vividly.

Now, I'd like to punch the #$%#$% out of that guy.

I am bad to say that some people don't deserve the D____d air they breathe. That carny is one of them. I've never had anything quite like that happen to me but when I was up to nearly 370, I avoided social situations like that. I would NOT EVER go to a comedy club. Not unless I got to sit WAAAAAY in the back.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    that losing it made me a *****.
  • dtiapril
    Options
    A woman came into my work the other day who I hadn't seen in over 10 years, and then decided to state matter of factly in front of all my collegues that "I almost didn't recognise you, you've put on so much weight!" Yes, I have put on a bit in the 10 years since I last saw you (I was a teenager back then), but I didn't actually need you to point it out publicly! So embarassing.

That was the deciding moment that I really need to do it this time.
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    many years ago, I'd say I was 17ish I had a guy tell me I wasn't bad looking but would be hot if I lost 20lbs & dyed my hair blonde.
    I ran into him a last year & he actually complimented me and asked me out on a date. Made the date and out of petty revenge I stood him up.

On the flip side of that, before I gained some weight back, I had a family member who told me I looked like I had an eating disorder and my head was too big for my body.
  • Ldyblue
    Ldyblue Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Wanted to get eye contacts and the Eye Dr. told me no because I have fat in my eyes. Serious.
  • gabriellejayde
    gabriellejayde Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I once had a boyfriend who said I ruined his night because he was out with the fattest girl (me) in the club.
    One time I had gotten quite thin (for me) and was down to a size 6-8. My grandmother said now I just had to lose my thighs and get a nose job.
    I've been called a fat*ss and to get off my big **kitten* and do something about my weight.
    Last year, my mother told me I'd never find another job because i was too fat and I'd have to make it my mission to lose as much weight as possible quickly or nobody would hire me. ( I found two others - both with good salaries in management positions)
  • gettingmeback2013
    gettingmeback2013 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    When I was younger, probably before I was a teenager, my mom told me that if I didn't lose weight, I would never get a boyfriend.

From the time I was about 9 years old to about age 19, my dad made daily jokes and digs about my weight. DAILY and multiple times a day. Now it's just every so often, luckily because he lives 1000 miles away.

I once told a boy I liked him in middle school, and he walked around blowing like an elephant.

I had a man incessantly asking me to dance at a club; when I refused repeatedly, he told me that I really couldn't afford to be all that choosy, so I might as well dance with him. Golly, that made me all weak in the knees, huh?? LOL

Those are just the tip of it all. :/
  • x_cinder_x
    x_cinder_x Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    one of my mother in laws gives me clothes. I've told her not to, because I will cry. The other day, she comes out with pant's. "here, theses are too big for me, but they'll fit you." one of many

My sister did this to me once. Gave me a big bag of clothes and said here these are WAaayyy to big for me but I'm sure they'll fit you! I know how my sister is and she did say this just to dig at me. Thats how she is.

By the way, EVERYTHING in that bag was way too big on me. It was all size 18 to 24. I just chucked all of it into one of those clothing donation bins.

I could never do that to someone! When I lost my weight and had 6 bags of clothes that no longer fit me I didn't go up to my friends and offer my old big clothes to them even though I knew some of them could fit them and everything was in good condition. I thought that would be cruel. I just put it all in those bins.

O.O oh man I did this to my mom. Well, I mean I dropped off some clothes I could no longer wear. But! I did not do this out of meanness. They were expensive office style clothes that I knew she would like and I did not want to just drop them off without checking with her first. I really did not say anything other then "Here are some clothes for you to look at".
    I hope I did not hurt her feelings i_i
  • mfoy94
    mfoy94 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    An instance that ALWAYS stands out in my mind when thinking about people being rude about my weight is this: I was at the mall with a friend and I was going one way through one of those theft detectors while a thin girl probably the same age as me was going through the other side. I accidentally bumped into her (or did she bump into me? seeing as I was the bigger target..) and without even a blink she said "get out of the way fatass".
  • natajane
    natajane Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I signed up to do a challenge called the Yorkshire Three Peaks - you walk/climb up 3 peaks, covering 24 miles and 6900 feet in 1 day (people aim to do it in 12 hours)

A couple of close members of family told me I wouldn't do it because of my weight. Others just looked t menlike i was mental or lying. That hurt.

Guess what?

I was the fattest person that I saw doing it. It was hard, 12.5 hours of physical and mental effort. There were points where i could have curled up and cried. I had 12 blisters, a cut & bruised knee and i still have 2 black toenails!

The people in our assigned group were utter ar$eholles to us to begin with as well, saying that we shouldn't be doing it ( me cos of my size, my friend because she was short and slow)

But my mind is stronger than any other part of my body.

I DID IT.

I raised £600 for sick children.

Don't listen to people who try to bring you down, they are just insecure themselves. Invest your emotional energy in yourself and those who believe in you.

You are VERY cool! :drinker:

Just seen this, thanks so much! That's really nice of you :)
  • natajane
    natajane Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I signed up to do a challenge called the Yorkshire Three Peaks - you walk/climb up 3 peaks, covering 24 miles and 6900 feet in 1 day (people aim to do it in 12 hours)

A couple of close members of family told me I wouldn't do it because of my weight. Others just looked t menlike i was mental or lying. That hurt.

Guess what?

I was the fattest person that I saw doing it. It was hard, 12.5 hours of physical and mental effort. There were points where i could have curled up and cried. I had 12 blisters, a cut & bruised knee and i still have 2 black toenails!

The people in our assigned group were utter ar$eholles to us to begin with as well, saying that we shouldn't be doing it ( me cos of my size, my friend because she was short and slow)

But my mind is stronger than any other part of my body.

I DID IT.

I raised £600 for sick children.

Don't listen to people who try to bring you down, they are just insecure themselves. Invest your emotional energy in yourself and those who believe in you.

You are very awesome!!! Go girl! It's nice to read inspiration on here.

Awwww thanks to you too, made me Smile.
  • themutineer
    themutineer Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    What was the worst thing said about your weight ?

My boyfriends mom told me that his dad doesn't like overweight people and that's why he doesn't talk to me much.

My ex and his entire family have a genuine hate for people who are overweight.
    They really disliked me when I first met them, and was around 160 lbs (I have no idea why my ex even dated me; he always went on about how fat people are "disgusting") ... problem is, they never saw me as anything other than that even after getting down to under 120.

People like that can just **** off. They typically have a huge amount of insecurities about themselves.