Over 200 New Year New Me Part 14

Options

Replies

• lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Hello laides -

Mstahl- SOrry that the intnernal job is a lateral one. Good luck with your decision.

Momma -WTG on the cycle's...I am doing the lunges and squats with me ea active but can't do much more my knee just hurts to bad, i think the crackling sounds make it hurt works..maybe if i didn't hear it i wouldn't know it hurt :) I was hoping the same if i loose some more weight i could maybe do some running too !!!

just got finish eating my salad for lunc, took me like an hr to cut everything up and like 10 minutes to measure it all out and another 20 min to eat this honker, thing...but the whole think was like 200 cals and i got veggies and protein. I need to make sure have some good snacks this afternoon.
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Momma: I just might have to give your circuit a try! 60 jumping jacks sounds a bit brutal, though.

Jess: Do not jump ahead on the C25K! Your body needs the rest and you'll burn yourself out if you rush it. Trust me, I want to jump ahead and complete Week 8 tonight but I am not going to do it. I will probably end up doing my kickboxing DVD tonight. We need to learn from Littlespy, who says rushing into it causes injury!
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Ok I promise not to skip ahead! No injury wanted here!
  • HeatherMN
    Options
    Good, Jess, I'm proud of you. I'd hate for you to have to temporarily stop C25K for an injury.

I'm thinking that we should all train for a half marathon and run one together next year...hmm...me and my crazy ideas.
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Good, Jess, I'm proud of you. I'd hate for you to have to temporarily stop C25K for an injury.

I'm thinking that we should all train for a half marathon and run one together next year...hmm...me and my crazy ideas.

That sounds like so much fun! I like your crazy idea!!
  • HeatherMN
    Options
    Well, some of the Biggest Loser contestants run half marathons together every year. Why shouldn't we?

Afterall, it doesn't matter how long it takes to finish as long as you finish. We'd have so much fun! I think we need to seriously think about this....
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Well, I don't even know where to start responding! You guys are all kicking so much butt!

Jess -- CONGRATULATIONS!! Finishing week 5 is such a huge accomplishment!
    Cris -- Good luck on remaining in the top 8 @ your gym! You definitely deserve the acknowledgment. :smile:
    Momma -- Wow! I went to the link to watch the video since I didn't know what burpees are, and holy moly, that's some workout! I'm really impressed!

I was such a bad employee today. :tongue: I was in a training class that was supposed to last 2 full days. But today, we got out just after 11am. And instead of going back to the office, I went home. :laugh: And I won't be submitting any leave for the time I missed, either. I also found someone to cover my shift at my part time job tonight. I've been feeling so burned out from work lately. I want to quit that part-time job so much, but I so enjoy the fact that I'm finally caught up on bills & I'm actually starting to build up my savings again. I had gotten so financially drained over the last couple of years between my bf being out of a job for several months & house stuff and car stuff and 1 surgery for Mo and THREE surgeries for Spike all between March & October of last year. :noway: My savings, which I thought was more than adequate at the time, disappeared *really* fast. That's scary! So... I guess I'll just keep working the extra jobs until I feel a little more comfortable. :ohwell:
  • HeatherMN
    Options
    Yay, time for me to head home for the day. See y'all tomorrow!
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    I DID IT, I DID IT!!!! I FREAKING DID IT!!! I RAN THE ENTIRE 20 MINS!!! If Jess hadnt passed me in the c25k program I would probably have been stuck for another couple of weeks:laugh: :laugh: THANKS JESS! YOU WERE DEF MY #1 MOTIVATOR TO GET 'ER DONE!:tongue:

Heather- I think running a marathon together sounds great! Maybe we should start with like a 5k then go on from there, lol! I would totally do it.

JLB- Good for you for taking some time off, it seems like you are always on the run, you deserve the time off! ENJOY!

Momma- holy $%2! That work out is too much for me, no thank you! But good for you, Im very impressed!

I am so psyched right now! Ok the baby found me....gotta go eat something Im famished!!!

YAY!!!

Cris

PS- I sang we are the champions all the way home:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Options
    jesyka - I am so happy for you with that double stroller! Wow, your life will change in a major way now! God bless you for having a two y.o. AND a baby! I am worn out thinking about it!
    litspy - I am glad to hear you are liking your body more and more. Great news!
    jess - Wooohooooooo!!! You did it! Congrats on that w5d2!!!!!!! :flowerforyou: Glad you 'killed' that anger, too!
    cris - Here's to the top 8 girl herself! :drinker: Crossing my fingers!
    lildeb - You can do anything you put your mind to. You WILL do it!
    lstpaul - late afternoon is my worst time for being hungry. I fix myself a bowl of veggies and come on here. I know that you probably can't do that with a family there to feed. Maybe you can stock up on low cal goodies?
    Renea - so glad you're back! I hope you had a great time in FL!!! Just jump right back in and start moving today!
    mari - Congrats on the 2 pound loss! That is fantastic! See? You ARE doing this!
    COGirl - yeah, I'm with you on the knee arthritis. I am doing half squats, too. They are still kickin' my *kitten*!
    mstahl - you go with that pool, girl! Good for you!
    heather - congrats on the w8d2!!!!!! Every time I type one of those I really want to put wd40. :tongue:
    momma - way to go with the 2 cycles!!! Instead of the burpees I'd just replace it with a slurpee. But then again, that's why I weigh 200 pounds more than everyone else....:laugh:

Whew! I THINK I got everyone - if I didn't I am so sorry! :embarassed:

I had a very stressful day at work today. My 4th graders were berserk. :explode: I am sick of calling home! Add to that the maintenance people "fixing" my mold problem by spraying some toxic chemical in my room and me having to breathe it in all day just made the day a piece of crap. I called HR at noon and asked them who was going to pay for my sub since it's the district's fault I am sick. They said they'd get back to me - conveniently never did. I have a bad migraine and my lungs feel like they are burning. :sick:

check in:
    cals: great
    water: 90+
    exercise: squats, lunges, 40+10 bike, arms, bed pilates
    proud: I am working out even though I feel like crap.
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    I'm so proud of you, Cris!!! :bigsmile:

I weighed 206.0 this afternoon. That's what I weighed the last 2 Friday *mornings.* I was 204.2 last Saturday morning but I don't know where that came from because I've been hovering around 206-207 every morning after that (well, I think Monday I was like 209 thanks to Sunday's fried pickles... haha). Anyway, 206 in the afternoon means like 203-204 the next morning so I'm hopeful. It's just that I'm so close to being under 200.

My scale weighs me at about 7 pounds less when I move it to the rug in the living room. :laugh: :tongue: I'm thinking about moving it there in the morning just so I can *see* it say I'm under 200 (even though I won't officially be). :laugh: I'm such a dork.

In other news... my boyfriend freaking has baby fever. :noway: He keeps saying things like "babies are so cute!" and "I want a baby" and then talking about OUR future baby. I previously noted he has always been very hesitant to say phrases like "our kids" or "when *we* get married." He's always said "MY kids" and "when *I* get married," in order to not to make it sound like he thought that's definitely where we are headed. But lately he's been freely using those phrases ("when we get married," "our baby," etc). He's starting to make me nervous. :laugh:

Last night, before all the insane baby talk started, I was cleaning the cat's litter box & he came up and said "Oh darn. You beat me to it. I was so looking forward to cleaning that when I finished reading." And I said, truly trying to freak him out, "Well, that's okay. You get to do it for 9 months when I'm pregnant." And he responded nonchalantly with, "Yeah, you're right, because you're not supposed to do that when you're pregnant." So, the fact that he didn't freak out or even hesitate freaked *ME* out. :laugh: I like babies. I am not ready for a baby. And I'm definitely not ready for babIES. :tongue:
  • jennbarrette
    jennbarrette Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I am so proud of each and everyone of you guys! I was reading all of the posts and just thinking how motivating you all to me and to each other!

LittleSpy - (PS...it was so much easier to type jlb...LOL) I think I might want one more baby (I have 2 girls right now, age 21 months, and 3 1/2...I still want one more girl!) , but I am scared to gain a bunch of weight again!
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    And one more check in. :laugh: (I gotta make up for not being at work to post the last 2 days) Since 03/15/10 I have lost 5-6 pounds. You'd think I'd be bummed since I've lost twice that amount in most previous months. I just took my measurements, however, and I lost 2 ENTIRE INCHES from my waist since 03/15! It is INSANE how much of a difference I see in my body with each and every pound I lose at this point. At this rate, I may only have 30-35 more pounds to lose! We'll see. :wink:

Oh, and also, one more amazing bit of awesome...
    IT FREAKING FITS!!!!!!!!!!!
    The most awesome skirt ever -- the one I found in a thrift store 3 years ago & couldn't wear. The one that has been packed in a box since the day I brought it home for "someday, I'll lose enough weight to wear it." The one I couldn't even get up over my KNEES last September. Size 14. Just in time for spring. :heart: I'm a happy girl.

Julieskirtblur0414.jpg

I took a picture that wasn't blurry.... but my body doesn't look nearly as good in it. :tongue: :wink: :laugh: Nothing like a little fuzz to mask reality.

Edit: Holy crap. I can't believe I just posted a picture of my bare midriff on a public forum. :embarassed:
  • lildebbie
    Options
    Littlespy - WTG on the skirt...you look freaking awesome ...fuzzy or not !!! maybe the "baby" stuff your bf is going through is just s phrase :) I will let you borrow mine and that may change his mind.

not a good day with my older one today...now she has lost computer prviliges for the rest of the year for banging on the computer after being told not to several times, lost her field trip and field day (that she has to earn back), and horrible in school today...ugggg...maybe one day she can just go to school listen and do her work and come home..is that too much to ask.
  • jennbarrette
    jennbarrette Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    check in -

calories - under
    water - 3L
    exercise - walked 1.5 miles, and played with the kids for 2 hrs
    proud - I am actually excited for weigh in on Friday, I had a good first week back. Oh, and I am getting a gym membership tomorrow!
  • snowflakes
    snowflakes Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Good evening,

All the talk of running has given me a side ache.:laugh: You gals are doing all kinds of great stuff!

Momma I have done well with the squats but the lunges....holy moly that is another story. :noway: Let's just say that it is not a pretty site and leave it at that.:blushing:

littlespy: love the skirt. You are melting away, good job on being so consistent.

Today I hit the thrift store and got brave to try on a 14. A couple of pairs fit!?! and another pair fit like a stuffed sausage. Moving out of 16's is coming this way.

Have an enjoyable evening.
  • lildebbie
    Options
    Check in -

Cals - 1247 (way under)
    Water - none..i really need to fix this.
    Exercise - 25 min wii fit.

it is funny how different people's body fit different size...i am trying to remember when i worse a 14 and it was like around 165-170...and when i was like 220 i was like a 20...but again that was before 2 kids and over 12 years...guess we will just see when i get down lower..just a random though i was having :smile:
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Checking in
    Calories - over by about 50 cals
    Water over 100oz
    exercise - walking and 70 sit ups

Proud that I felt really crappy today but didn't reach for comfort food.

Way to go all you runners, I'm so impressed. You stories and achievements are getting me motivated to get out there myself.

Bluenote - I'm so pleased you are still doing the pilates.....in bed :bigsmile:

LittleSpy - Look look fantastic and congrats on getting into a 14. I weigh about 10lbs less than you but still can't quote squeeze into a 14 yet. :drinker:
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    Snowflakes - congrats on those size 14s!
    Lildeb - I agree the size thing is weird. I guess it has a lot to do with not only how much muscle you're carrying around but also how your weight is distributed. I'm not even 5'4" so being a size 14 at 205 pounds is pretty strange for someone my height, I think. I've mentioned this before, but my best friend is over 5'7" and weighs 175 and wears a 12. I can actually squeeze into & button her pants now (holy crap) and she's about 3.5" taller and 30 pounds lighter! And she's pretty athletic, so yeah, I don't know what the deal is there. She's also VERY well endowed up top, if you know what I mean. Between her boobs & my hips, we're a pretty impressive pair. :laugh:

Calories: 1509
    Exercise: 20 minutes stationary bike again; I played my accordion for a couple of hours today. Yes, it's terribly dorky, but it's also a pretty great workout for the left side of my body. :laugh:
    Water: enough
    Proud: The skirt. And the picture. :blushing:
  • jesyka
    jesyka Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Jess-Congrats on your run! You're doing awesome :D

Cris-I'll definitely hang on to them. They're actually friends of my fiance's that have now become mutual friends, but They are true friends, I'm not used to their kindness yet lol & awesome job with your 20min run :)

COgirl-I have a feeling when you're done all your landscaping you and your yard are going to look great:laugh:

Mstahl-Getting out of the house feels great! I never thought about using my daughter for interval training but that sounds like a great idea...especially getting her to sit in the stroller while going UP hill:happy: It'll be a great work out for the arms. I hope that in the end of all your impending position changes you end up with a position that you're very satisfied with.

Hajohnson-Roasted red pepper hummus is incredible :) It's true though, even if being 'outdoorsy' is a new thing for you, it's what you are now. And you've seriously sold outdoor activities to us all. Getting us all out walking trails, visiting parks. You make small changes that create a huge impact in your life. Simple things that lead to becoming healthier and happier all round.

Momma- I'm going to try the exercise cycle that you listed, thanks for sharing :)

Littlespy-Hope your night off gives ya some energy back. Financial downfalls suck. I'm sure when you are ready to have a baby[babies] that you're going to be a terrific mom, I think it's cute that your boyfriend is excited about that possibility in your future [then again I have sever baby fever right now, hits me bad after having one lol, and I'm crazy about kids to begin with, I'd have 10 if I could support them and my fiance were willing :laugh: ]

Bluenote- I definitely have to say 2 is easier than 1:laugh: They can be a handful sometimes but my oldest is amazing. She loves her baby sister and is really helpful. She tries singing to her and rocking her car seat if she's crying and she'll get me the changing supplies when it's time to do a diaper. We plan on having 2 more spaced out a year-two apart:ohwell: I'm so sorry today was so rough for you. And that you're still having to deal with poor [or even less than poor] working conditions. You'd think that cleaning out mold would be a priority and doing it in a SAFE manner..shesh. I hope they get their act together and clean it up, and that you begin to feel better very soon!

Lildebbie- Sorry your day was so trying with your daughter. I'm a bit leery on when my toddler will start school. She's got a very active imagination I'm hoping will settle down some before she starts school, or else she'll be off in her own land and a handful to teach.

check in..

Calories-Under
    Exercise-none :(
    Water 1.5L
    Proud-Today was a bad day, between not eating the healthy choices of food that I have for most of the day and not getting out and doing anything...But I'm proud that tomorrow I will get back on track and get my exercise in [got about a 2hr walk ahead of me]