I. Hate. Eggs.

Options

Replies

• KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Life is too short to make yourself eat things that you hate.

I hate licorice. Eat it? Never gonna happen! I can make myself avoid foods just by telling myself it's licorice.
  • sandif1
    sandif1 Posts: 28
    Options
    At one time I thought I did not like eggs, but I realized it was not the entire egg I did not like it was simply the egg yolk. Now I just eat egg whites. I saute onions, bell peppers, and broccoli then I add the egg whites and some american cheese and scramble them all together. This is my version of a vegetable omelet and it is delicious and low in calories.
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    If you want to consume eggs without tasting them, try those flourless pancake recipes that are always floating around here. 1 egg, I banana, 1 tblsp of peanut butter...mash it up...fry 'em like pancakes. They are pretty tasty and this way you're getting the benefit on an egg without having to taste it.

But seriously, eggs are delicious. One of my favourite foods.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I hate eggs too. They are a hen's period.

No, they aren't.

Birds don't menstruate.

But thanks so much for your helpful reply. :flowerforyou:
  • danabrash
    Options
    Ice Cream has eggs in it
    So do Flan and Crème Brulee.
    You could do a savory custard w/ non-fat milk
    or a ChawanMushi
    http://japanesefood.about.com/od/egg/r/chawanmushi.htm
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    I dont muchcare for them either if ya dont like em dont eat em lol
  • xiofett
    xiofett Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Creme Brulee is the absolute best egg application ever.
    Frozen custard is a close second. :)
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Plenty of folks live without them :)
  • jennifer_a00
    jennifer_a00 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Made a fritatta in my cast iron pan the other day, added sausage, potatoes, onions, tomato, it was yummy.
  • Indygirl_81
    Indygirl_81 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I agree with nikinyx6 about the egg muffins... check out the Hungry Girl recipes (quick, easy, and sometimes one dish meals). I also looked at the "EmilyBites" website, which is devoted to making recipes healthy (weight watcher's friendly).
  • mapnerd2005
    Options
    Would preparing them like this make them more appetizing?

how-do-you-like-your-eggs-meme.jpg

THIS=YES

But otherwise, I have "trained" myself to eat foods to which I had a life-long aversion due to texture issues by just starting small, finding ONE way I could stand it and going from there. I say go with the hard-boiled on salad method, but instead of slicing the eggs mash them with a fork until they are tiny crumbles - texture will not be an issue. I love my ranch dressing too, but I make my own version with skim milk and olive oil mayo that reduces the calorie load to the same as the store-bought light version but tastes like the real thing. I stretch the 2 tbs limit by adding a little water to it too. Throw in some guacamole (I like wholly guacamole 100 calorie packs - I use half of one) or avacado slices and you're looking at a salad with lots of protein and heart-healthy mono-unsaturated fats (not the bad fats).
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    I used to hate eggs except for hard-boiled egg whites. Then I learned to eat eggs by starting with tamagoyaki (Japanese omelette). There's a really easy recipe for it here: http://justhungry.com/tamagoyaki
  • eylia
    eylia Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I have a real aversion to eggs, the smell more than anything. If eggs have been cooked and the utensils/crockery that were used to eat them aren't washed twice, I can smell it on everything else that gets washed with it. So strongly it makes me gag. As for eating them, sometimes I'm fine with it and sometimes I just 'can't'.

The best way is probably to try to pair them with things you really like. I like fritattas and crustless quiches because it's less of an eating egg thing and more of a...combined thing, I suppose. Work out what you like, and search for a recipe that has it. Zucchini, bacon/ham, tomato, asparagus, mushroom, salmon...different flavours might make it less daunting.
  • NicoWoodruff
    NicoWoodruff Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Tastes *can* change but not always. They won't change if you don't keep tasting/trying stuff though.

I grew up liking eggs generally, but not boiled and not in egg salad. Then I had a family member persist in trying to get me to like deviled eggs and one day she finally succeeded! Now I love my own deviled and plain boiled eggs drizzled with sesame oil and spices.. I discovered the reason I'd hated them before was that I'd never had ones that weren't way overcooked for my preference. If the yolks are orange then I like them (not yellow/green blech.) But I STILL detest egg salad and generally refuse to try it because it just looks and smells gross to me and people tend to overcook yolks for my preference with things like that.

I had a friend who hated shrimp and still hates most all seafood. She said shrimp just tasted like "nothing" to her. Then she met me, a seafood lover born in the land of plentiful seafood.. I made her some good fresh boiled shrimp from raw served with a nice horseradishy cocktail sauce. Now she can't get enough of em. I changed her pallet! Similar issue, people tend to overcook shrimp a lot, and don't always use the best shrimp. Precooked shrimp are gross to me.

I used to hate sweet potatoes, then I had them cooked really nice and now I love them. Same with beets. The moral of my story (if there is one) is: unless you truly detest something just keep trying stuff.. even stuff you hate, and one day you may find a particular cook or way of prepping a dish turns your pallet around!
  • Smiling_Sara
    Smiling_Sara Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    egg banana pancake. I will see if I can find the link. I got the reciepe from here.
  • wrests
    wrests Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I loathe eggs. The smell makes me want to barf and they taste horrifying. That being said, I LOVE omelettes (only if there's lots of goo in them), and eggs scrambled with avocado. Also deviled eggs and eggs in tuna salad are more of a texture than a flavor thing, especially since tuna is so flavorful it mostly drowns it out.
  • TaraKathleen5
    TaraKathleen5 Posts: 34 Member
    Options

No, they aren't.

Birds don't menstruate.

Really? Do your research. They are unfertilized ovum. I am a vegan i know.
    http://www.peta2.com/blog/are_eggs_chicken_periods_a_nurse_gives_the_lowdown/
  • Dee_84
    Dee_84 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I cannot stand the smell, taste and texture of eggs either.

To get some more protein in my diet I will add whole eggs to my oatmeal, it thickens it and you cannot taste it at all.
    Here's the recipe: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/786342-mama-bear-s-porridge?hl=mama+porridge#posts-11714773
  • emily356
    emily356 Posts: 318 Member
    Options

No, they aren't.

Birds don't menstruate.

Really? Do your research. They are unfertilized ovum. I am a vegan i know.
    http://www.peta2.com/blog/are_eggs_chicken_periods_a_nurse_gives_the_lowdown/
    Yes. That was extremely scientific.
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Seeing your post just makes me want deviled eggs.