The poisonous oil, you must not eat

Options
14567810»

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I really think you should back up such a claim when calling a Physician a quack. Especially one so respected as Dr. Mercola. So prove it with regard to the post I referenced.

It's irresponsible of you to offer your opinion on this site without backing up such a claim.

Sorry this was in response to Thomasm198 comments on my post.

Mercola - well respected? lolz!

Like I said, prove what I offered in my original comment as false.

I do not have to - it has already been discussed earlier in the thread. See Tigersword's explanation for one.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I really think you should back up such a claim when calling a Physician a quack. Especially one so respected as Dr. Mercola. So prove it with regard to the post I referenced.

It's irresponsible of you to offer your opinion on this site without backing up such a claim.

Well respected by SandiNature, at least.

She didn't say who respects him. :-)

@rml_16,

And you must be Sarauk2sf little minion, eh?
    I just happen to agree with her. We're not even friends on here.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    @thomasm198 and @rml_16 and @Sarauk2sf
    I've just joined this group, and it's been quite refreshing how members offer quality responses out of respect for the venue. Otherwise, why would anyone bother to even participate?!

I've learned a long time ago that you give more time to the better team members and very little time to the "insert derogatory word here" team members.

You and Thomasm198 should take a page from your own guru at Scienceblog:

"Denialism is the employment of rhetorical tactics to give the appearance of argument or legitimate debate, when in actuality there is none. These false arguments are used when one has few or no facts to support one’s viewpoint against a scientific consensus or against overwhelming evidence to the contrary. They are effective in distracting from actual useful debate using emotionally appealing, but ultimately empty and illogical assertions."

Sounds about right.

@Sarauk2sf, I notice that you are held in high esteem on this sight. That says a lot about you and your minions.
    You are obviously a savant. :yawn:

Best wishes.

Sara has earned that honor. That's all I'm saying about it. This whole post just irritated the f out of me.

Signed,

Sara's other minion
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    @Sarauk2sf, I notice that you are held in high esteem on this sight. That says a lot about you and your minions.
    You are obviously a savant. :yawn:

Best wishes.

another SMH. How much you must care about all of our bodies to personally attack someone who disagrees with you. I'm no one's minion, but I agree with those who find the original post here to be off. I think anything if you look at it hard enough is bad for you. I used to hang out with raw foodists who insisted bananas were bad for not having seeds, for pete's sakes! Take a chill pill. I'm glad that I learned about canola oil and euric acid today, but I'm not gonna freak out about baking with it. Every source of oil has some problem.
  • jenmarie2012
    jenmarie2012 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info heard from a family member who is super clean eater and told me not to use canola oil anymore which I did but did not know to what extent on how bad and poisonous it was!!!! Can't believe they can still sell this crap!!! :noway:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info heard from a family member who is super clean eater and told me not to use canola oil anymore which I did but did not know to what extent on how bad and poisonous it was!!!! Can't believe they can still sell this crap!!! :noway:
    I know! I drop dead every time I eat it!!!
  • Topdog67
    Topdog67 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Honestly idk why it says false at the top...But to back this up I work at a health food store and both the nutritionist there say that it is indeed poison.

I figured you had to be sarcastic, but I guess not. The article states the claim is false because it is in fact, false. Why would you back up your claim with an article that refutes that very position you're taking?

Besides, how awesome is a rape plant? Sounds delicious.

On a completely unrelated note, while we're talking about the poisonous canola oil we should also bring up the equally dangerous dihydrogen monoxide. Both of them should be banned, clearly.

That Dihydrogen monoxide is some very bad stuff! Do not use it. It is everywhere. Given enough time and no treatment, it can bring down the strongest steel! So imagine what it does to your body.
  • tanniew78
    tanniew78 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    You should watch Lorenzos Oil...... Based on a true story... I think you might be enlightened...
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Wise of you to listen to your clean-eating relative over those morons at Harvard and the Mayo Clinic.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options

SMH. You eat babies so it shouldn't piss me off that you made a rape joke. Except I don't know anyone who ate a baby and got away with it, but know about ten rapists off the top of my head.

Rape isn't funny. Please don't make rape jokes. The rapists love them.

At what point did I make a rape joke? You're the one that brought it up. The plant is called the rape plant, that's the real name. It's delicious because canola oil (made from the rape plant) is delicious. Where are you getting a rape joke out of that?
  • fairykelly13
    fairykelly13 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't joke about dihydrogen monoxide! It can be fatal to inhale even a SMALL amount of it...... :-)
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    I know! I drop dead every time I eat it!!!
    Totally! I've totally dropped dead, like, five or six times from eating it!
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options

SMH. You eat babies so it shouldn't piss me off that you made a rape joke. Except I don't know anyone who ate a baby and got away with it, but know about ten rapists off the top of my head.

Rape isn't funny. Please don't make rape jokes. The rapists love them.

At what point did I make a rape joke? You're the one that brought it up. The plant is called the rape plant, that's the real name. It's delicious because canola oil (made from the rape plant) is delicious. Where are you getting a rape joke out of that?

SMH again.

At least the rapists reading this thread know it's not funny. Thanks.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't joke about dihydrogen monoxide! It can be fatal to inhale even a SMALL amount of it...... :-)
    2 inches in a puddle is enough to kill you.
  • JerseyGirl081
    JerseyGirl081 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    What a bunch of BS!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    SAra2kusf: Do you or have you EVER offered anything USEFUL to ANY conversation on MFP? For two days all I read from you is junk that plugs the forum and something everyone has to skip over to continue the topic at hand. This really isn't a good place to use as your playground.

She's one of the most helpful members on this forum and it would be in your best interest to actually pay attention to the information she provides.

Agreed.

+2

Sara is awesome and is constantly providing helpful information.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Without Canola oil, I have no tortillas.

Without tortillas, I am not happy.

I will continue to be happy, with tortillas and canola oil.

I think you would be just as happy if not more so with peanut oil. (I am a proffesional chef btw) It has many of the same smoke point and texture characteristics.

Or you can just fry them in lard like you're supposed to
  • Kotuliak
    Kotuliak Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    SAra2kusf: Do you or have you EVER offered anything USEFUL to ANY conversation on MFP? For two days all I read from you is junk that plugs the forum and something everyone has to skip over to continue the topic at hand. This really isn't a good place to use as your playground.

She's one of the most helpful members on this forum and it would be in your best interest to actually pay attention to the information she provides.

Agreed.

+2

Sara is awesome and is constantly providing helpful information.
    I agree, Sara is awesome. But I also think CorvusCorax77 is awesome. Why can't we all just get along? (Except Dope with his offensive jokes!)
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options

Well respected by SandiNature, at least.

She didn't say who respects him. :-)

@rml_16,

And you must be Sarauk2sf little minion, eh?

With all dues respect, who are you to insult people, call them names and demand proof from them. And this at 13 posts in! Sara, Sidsteel and others have earned thier credibility around here. You want to follow Mercola the quack, help yourself. You may want to tone down the rhetoric and feel your way around a little. You may find out that you don't know it all and there is much to be learned. Especially from some of the very people of which you are being critical