What annoys you about others at the gym?

Options

Replies

• glenette1
    glenette1 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Men who grunt, groan, and scream as they contort their spine in inhumane ways to complete that bicep curl with a weight that is obviously too big for them.
  • ZombieFoodSlayer
    Options
    I rotate to various gyms to take different classes, the "regulars" seem really snotty to anyone
    who is not in "their" group!! Since I am not an *kitten*-kisser, this has lead to some bullying...even
    one telling me to not be in their class....WT?? Are we in high school??
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    When there is a limited amount of treadmill, and there is nothing but lazy *kitten* people walking at a very slow pace! Even if you put it on an incline, walking on a treadmill will not do enough to really help! Take your *kitten* to the pavement and speed walk sweetheart! I’m here to run!

Moving...will help.

You're such a peach!

I tell it like it is dear. It’s pure laziness.

So wait...

It's lazy if they use the treadmill to walk..
    It's not lazy if you use the treadmill to run?

Ya got me! You completely understand everything I was saying!! SMMFH What I dont understand, is why yall are *****ing about me posting my pet peeve on a thread about pet peeves! I love internet trolls.

Because you're *****ing about people walking on a treadmill, but it's okay for you to run on a treadmill. Your pet peeve doesn't making any sense...
  • coffee_rocks
    coffee_rocks Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I long ago learned it doesn't matter what people do on equipment at the gym, as long as they are doing something. The lady walking slowly for 45 minutes? Still going faster than me right now on my couch. The dude that rides the bike while reading the paper and talking to his buddy for 20 minutes? Still going faster than me on my couch.

The only thing that truly ticks me off is the crap left in the shower stalls by slobs before me. Razor blade covers, empty bottles of shampoo and the occasional towel. I mean, seriously....
  • ksemien
    ksemien Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    People that are clearly there for the wrong reasons.
  • jdaley90
    jdaley90 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    girls in full makeup at the gym and people in general who don't know what they're doing :)
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    When people leave trash - half-empty energy drink cans, gum, snot rags, candy wrappers, etc. inside cupholders of the machines.

When those hogs sweat all over the machines and then walk away without wiping up after themselves.

There's this guy with a prosthetic leg that comes in and works out, then takes off his leg and dumps a crap ton of sweat out of it right out on the carpet in front of everyone. It just makes me want to gag...:sick:
  • wildside79
    Options
    When there is a limited amount of treadmill, and there is nothing but lazy *kitten* people walking at a very slow pace! Even if you put it on an incline, walking on a treadmill will not do enough to really help! Take your *kitten* to the pavement and speed walk sweetheart! I’m here to run!

[edit] - getting rid of my not nice post. Have a nice day. :)
  • valeriebpdx
    valeriebpdx Posts: 499 Member
    Options

[edit] - getting rid of my not nice post. Have a nice day. :)

It's OK. We all know what you wanted to say. :flowerforyou:
  • Cowgirl_Jody
    Cowgirl_Jody Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Wow I'm feeling pretty lucky after reading these, I'm usually the only one there when I go so I get to jam to whatever I want!!! No complaints for me
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options

Lost almost all my weight walking on a treadmill at an incline as my cardio... and have been maintaining for a year that way.. going on a second year.

It's not because I'm lazy either... It's because I find running on a treadmill incredibly boring, and I would challenge you to walk on an incline at a speed of higher then 3.0 and see what happens to you... it's not as lazy as you think sweetheart.
  • fishermanmatt
    fishermanmatt Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    People that offer their advise then just keep talking and talking. I appreciate the advise but I'm in the gym to work. Don't keep me from working.
  • Anna8706
    Anna8706 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Ego lifters...... I mean seriously. Your form is horrible, you're throwing the weight and the only thing you're going to end up doing is throwing out your back.
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I WEAR MAKE UP TO THE GYM. i don't PUT on make up to GO to the gym. But my workouts are usually after work. My peeve is the haters who worry about makeup instead of their work out:yawn:
    It's not my make up that bothers your low self esteem TRUST ME.:smokin:

My one true peeve is the guy who's always in my reflection in the mirrors when I'm strength training.no matter where I move to., or what corner I hide in... I don't want to know you or see you or even know you exist . I just wand to be in beast mode for 1 hour and go home.
  • SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    In all honesty, nothing annoys me about anyone at my gym, I don't get annoyed much anyway.
    I'm too busy working out and listening to my music to worry about others.
  • loolabell15
    Options
    Men who grunt, groan, and scream as they contort their spine in inhumane ways to complete that bicep curl with a weight that is obviously too big for them.

Haha! This totally.
  • Wickedbookworm1977
    Options
    I hate it when guys throw the weights down on the ground on the last rep. Scares the crap out of me. Plus, I don't think that last rep should count!

This.

People who have colds and wipe their noses, then touch the machines....then walk away without wiping it down. Yuck.
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Just not cleaning off the machines after using them. I'm not thinking about other people unless what they're doing somehow affects me.
    Exactly, my annoyance gets in my way when im just trying to do my thing.
    I wouldn't say "exactly". Being annoyed is your choice. If she were physically in my way or talking to me constantly so I couldn't concentrate - then I'm being affected by her behavior. If she's just walking around being pretty, she's not affecting me.
  • TheConsciousFoody
    TheConsciousFoody Posts: 607 Member
    Options

Moving...will help.

You're such a peach!

Seriously. Running can also be done outside, fyi.

Only things that bother me are folks who don't re-rack and loud cell-phone talkers. Nothing else affects me. OK, actually, the people who stand in the front row at Zumba watching themselves in the mirror, all pouty and serious like they are auditioning for a Broadway show, bug me, but I recognize this is my problem.

Your right. And I do 95% of the time. But when I see the same people EVERY SINGLE DAY....NEVER DOING ANYTHING ELSE. Once again, pure laziness.

What gets me even more is when they are on there for more then 30 mins. Its called sharing kids! Respect for others around you!

Please don't breed. Thanks!
  • SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options

Please don't breed. Thanks!

:laugh: