Anybody single?

Options
12345679»

Replies

• capriqueen
    capriqueen Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    You don't need a significant other to stay motivated. Your motivation needs to come from within. Being in a relationship doesn't necessarily make it easier, either. I see sooo many posts on here where people who are trying to lose weight, are having a hard time because their SO isn't supportive enough, their SO is bringing them down, their SO is sabotaging them, their SO doesn't understand, etc. etc. Having a significant other doesn't necessarily make weight loss better or worse. It depends on the person, but more importantly, it depends on you. It's all about your choices, and your drive. You need to find the strength within yourself, you don't need anyone else to be strong for you.

I second this. My only motivation is to get into better shape, to fit into my size 4-6 clothes I wore when I was 10-15 pounds lighter. I'm doing it for my satisfaction, my happiness.
  • SeaRunner26
    SeaRunner26 Posts: 5,143 Member
    Options
    Nope. Thanks for asking though!
  • lisar135
    lisar135 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    The thought of losing weight and sending nude pictures to all of my ex's.
  • XxfitforeverxX
    Options
    single, and will be for a while :)
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Yeeeep.
  • LiviLou2011
    LiviLou2011 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    When you're as ugly as I am, it's easy to be single and not worry about motivation from others.

lmao..ur not ugly.
  • itsdonna35
    Options
    When I was married, my SO didn't motivate me so now that I'm single I motivate myself.
  • angelacooper3
    angelacooper3 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Far easier as Im not expected to cook a roast dinner or anything else that may tempt me. I seem to have a pattern of relationships with very lean men that need vast amounts of food just to maintain their weight, might be better to find myself a slightly cuddlier one that maybe doesn't :)
  • Bobtheangrytomato
    Bobtheangrytomato Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    My ex ate complete crap, so it's a good thing I'm single lol
  • snowmaniac
    snowmaniac Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    For one, diabetes runs in my family. My dad passed in May 2011 due to diabetes related issues. October 2011 I found out I was pre-diabetic. Over the next few months I dropped 40 pounds (from 220 to 180). I've done a round of P90X and have recently discovered that with a few key pointers (thanks MireyGal76 :wink: ), that I not only CAN run distance, but I enjoy it too. Tonight I nearly knocked out a 2013 goal of running 10k in under an hour. Missed it by one second, 10k in 60 minutes flat and I am thrilled about it.

I learned a long time ago that the only person I can rely on is me, so when it comes to my health and fitness, it is a freight train. You can get on board or get out of the way, but it only goes forward, it doesn't stop and it doesn't go in reverse.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    YEP and I'm looking :P

I don't need a significant other in order to be motivated. Not to sound rude but I find it really pathetic that somebody needs to have a SO to stay motivated.

Ohh and I must not forget that whenever I seeing or hearing that my exes jaws drop wide open and scratching their heads in frustration whenever I upload my latest pics with this body in fb are enough motivation for me, sweet revenge that is lol
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Honestly, at least in part, is the desire to attract a significant other.
  • the_crazy_ninja
    Options
    Yes I am!

Since two month...and since a little with my own little cave again...haha....so beware...I am on the hunt ;)
  • callumprice03
    Options
    single for the last 4 months and loving it, when im in a relationship i get unmotivated
  • augier4
    Options
    I'm single and yes I love it but would be nice to have someone but my motivation
    That comes from my children and as for those who are negative toward u they only do it
    To make them selves feel better don't give them the satisfaction :)
  • nbhobbes
    nbhobbes Posts: 284
    Options
    How have you stayed motivated to lose weight if you don't have a significant other backing you up?

Look better, get in shape, and maybe I'll meet a significant other. ;-)