i dont get it

Options

Replies

• doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    Didn't know there was a fluoride debate. I thought it was needed for healthy teeth. It's been added to the water I've been drinking for over 40 years, but never heard of a debate.

Yes, brushing with it is good for teeth, but it's harmful or fatal if swallowed. Check your toothpaste for the warning label. :flowerforyou:

Please tell me you are joking.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    i had cookies today...snickerdoodles...home made with butter, sugar,eggs, etc
    they were good.
    i make the BEST snickerdoodles

and guess what? it is fine AND I am making progress.

MMM....yes....

9562746d-7fae-42a9-96f9-b38fe57a1680.jpg
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad I'm not poor. I don't have to make those awful compromises that will cause my body harm. I get to buy Coke Zero and Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr Pepper and mix them together!!!

Where in the world do you get Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr Pepper?!?!?!

Must be an american thing. :(

It goes great with vodka! The OP wouldn't get it.
  • Annaduurai
    Annaduurai Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    i had cookies today...snickerdoodles...home made with butter, sugar,eggs, etc
    they were good.
    i make the BEST snickerdoodles

and guess what? it is fine AND I am making progress.

MMM....yes....

9562746d-7fae-42a9-96f9-b38fe57a1680.jpg

Mmmmmm God those look good! I miss sugar /pout
  • geekpryncess
    geekpryncess Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    It goes great with vodka! The OP wouldn't get it.

Mmmmm vodka....
  • whitneyberra1987
    whitneyberra1987 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    but its just crazy how people dont realize that its bad, but justify that its not as bad as something else there for its acceptable. if your not fully committed why even bother?
    So because I eat the occasional splurge item and use Splenda here and there I shouldn't have bothered? How thin is the air up there on your high horse?

Looks like you are doing well splenda and all
  • s07civic
    s07civic Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I assume, which i probably shouldnt, that everyone on here is committed to making their lifestyle more healthy and to lose weight that may or may not be needed to. but how can so many people still be eating things that are known to be poisonous. splenda,fast food, its all so bad for you. thats not even getting into the fluoride debate. the point is that people are willingly ingesting things they know to be bad in so many different ways but dont care or realize that this is probably one of the causes to their troubles to begin with. mini rant? yeah. idk someone try shedding a little bit of light because ive been trying to understand this and i just cant.
    As someone who claims to be recovering from an eating disorder, I find it alarming that you criticize the choices that other people make without knowing the circumstances.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    I choose my poison.

Ha! Don't we all, Bean....

:smokin:
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    Half of your diary is "quick added" calories.

At least we are being honest about what we are eating.

(honestly I don't care what you put in your diary, I'm just making a point....glass houses)

thats actually because almost everything i eat is home made and i cant be bothered to list out every single ingrediant. i eat mutiple meals a day. every 3-4 hours and cant spend all that time logging eerything. i add it up and scan everything else that i can.

If you can't log everything why log anything at all? Isn't that your mentality?

How do you know how many calories is in your homemade food if you don't use the recipe calculator? Is there some other tool out there that's faster and easier? hmmmm....doubt it. :huh:
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Yes, if I could be "fully committed" and perfect, well, I would have been at my goal years ago. Striving to be perfect with eating has led to my downfall many times. I have to cut myself a little slack; if I'm not perfect, I can't give up or berate myself until I completely fail.
  • JAGWIRE13579
    Options
    Where are you getting your information? The internet, because everything on the internet is true?
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    I like turtles.

best.response.ever

tumblr_m1nw512AOk1rrtcb0o1_400.gif

Reposting just for the sake of it. :laugh:
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    "Bad" foods, etc are all about perspective.
    In the 1950's and 1960's, ads for cigarettes actually had real physicians state that they chose a certain brand over another. We would hear things like, "9 out of 10 doctors recommend Pall Mall over any other cigarette."

If you do your "research", you can find a study/article/"expert" opinion on the dangers of pretty much anything you put into your body.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    so if i mess up from time to time and fall to meth it wont kill me? but it will. and so is ingesting toxic material. i put things into my body that i know i need and yeah im broke most of the time as most people are these days, and i do have to make compromises but i cant knowingly put t\anything into my body that will cause it harm.

Is all that tofu you're eating from Non GMO soybeans? Isn't there aspartame in that Diet Coke you're drinking?
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Just a bump to see if we can roll this thread.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    i eat mutiple meals a day. every 3-4 hours and cant spend all that time logging eerything. i add it up and scan everything else that i can.

... if you're not going to be committed and do it right, why bother? (wait, where have I heard that before...........)
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    setsail-for-fail-thread_zps8d2133fb-1_zpsc20ab709.jpg
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    Didn't know there was a fluoride debate. I thought it was needed for healthy teeth. It's been added to the water I've been drinking for over 40 years, but never heard of a debate.

Yes, brushing with it is good for teeth, but it's harmful or fatal if swallowed. Check your toothpaste for the warning label. :flowerforyou:

Please tell me you are joking.

You never noticed that before? Check your toothpaste tube. It says not to swallow it, and that you should call poison control if you accidentally swallow it. Toothpaste isn't meant to be eaten, just brushed on the teeth and rinsed off.
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    you have to actually look. theirs plenty of debate but your not going to find it on fox or cnn.

No, i get the studies from my wife, the Yale educated Phd in Biology, and they've concluded there are no negative health impacts of fluoride in water. Which studies are you talking about? Again, you are making the claims, you show the evidence.
    well good thing i live right down from yale. so what about how some places are trying to get it passed to put lithium in our water. what about that then? got another witty comback or are people going to learn how to grow up and have a debate without taking something personally.

I'm trying to have the debate, but you continue to claim all this evidence as to the harms of "unnatural" foods, and yet you have not provided one peer reviewed study. What does living in New Haven, Ct have anything to do with the expert testimony of someone with a Phd in biology?
    just as much as it being yale does. yale is a joke,im sorry.yes,its a godd school but its also a breeding ground for hate.

jackiechan.png
  • hummingbird71
    hummingbird71 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    What I am curious about and maybe some others have asked this as well but why so many "Quick Added Calories" in your diary? Is it maybe becasue YOU ARE eating something that you don't think others will agree with and you simply "hide" that by adding this?

I use Great value sweetner every single day and have been for over a year and half. Not been poisened to death yet! If what you are doing works for you then wonderful. If what others are doing works for them then wonderful. Don't judge people just because they don't eat the same way you do.
This discussion has been closed.