Are people drinking coffee? Why or why not?

Options

Replies

• chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    He!!, yes.

thumb_coffeemyprecious.jpg
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    People run from me if I don't have my extra large mug of coffee in the morning!! :drinker:
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee occasionally, and 99% of the time I choose decaf because I find as I get older coffee does interfere with sleep, and evening is when I usually drink it.
  • petechiae
    petechiae Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee because it tastes good, wakes me up and cuts my hunger. I use one tablespoon of coffee cream per cup + one packet of splenda. I am trying to learn to like it black because I like to look badass, but honestly if you put a reasonable amount of cream and sweetener, drinking coffee should not jeopardize your weight loss.

The research "Coffee and Health : A Review of Recent Human Research" by Jane V. Higdon and Balz Frei might interest you if you are questioning the effects of coffee on your health. It is a very nice and detailed study in which they, to make it plain and simple, explain that coffee is perfectly okay to drink as long as you are not too young or too old, do not have any illness that could be amplified by ingesting caffeine and keep it to a reasonable level of consumption.

You can read it here : http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/10408390500400009
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Coffee and bacon make life worth living! Or at least, me easier to live with. A good, strong cup of coffee keeps me human :drinker:

I'm kind of surprised no one has come up with a bacon-flavored coffee. Or have they and I just missed it?
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Also it makes me have to poop in the morning, which is nice..
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Also it makes me have to poop in the morning, which is nice..

Just make sure you're not pooping wrong...
  • a778c466
    a778c466 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I have one cup with creamer in it. I do not plan on giving it up, probably just reducing the amount of creamer I use. I love it and it helps me wake up.
  • salinger1976
    salinger1976 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I would never give up my coffee. I even put Coffee Mate in it. I put in two tablespoons in my first cup. Then I add coffee to the mix for subsequent cups. I know that coffee helps me control hunger as well as keeps me alert.
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Currently drinking a big mug of it right now!
  • jessmart83
    jessmart83 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee every day! I don't know what I would do without it. I usually only drink it black though, every now and then I might go to starbucks and get a skinny latte or something. I know I drink more than I should, a pot a day can't be healthy.
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    I do. I really enjoy it. I usually have 1-2 cups a day, with cream & Splenda. Love it and won't give it up!
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I drink a mug everyday with a splash of half and half. If I don't, people may die. ;)
  • 00sarah
    00sarah Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Love my coffee!!!!
  • dom300186
    dom300186 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I have a large mug every morning of Nescafé gold with 3 sweeteners....took a while to get used to having it but prefer it now to sugar and I always ave semi skimmed milk.
    This is morning only then switch to squash for the rest of the day.
  • WrenStory
    WrenStory Posts: 103
    Options
    It's my morning ritual and I love it! Has nothing at all to do with weight loss.

Oh, and coffee has antioxidants & potassium, fyi.
  • SelfHelpJunky
    SelfHelpJunky Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Yes, because I enjoy actually being able to function in the morning. All it takes is one cup for me with a splash of half and half, 1/2 packet Splenda and I'm good for the day.
  • gassenav
    gassenav Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I like to think of my coffee habit as having sugar and creamer, with a splash of coffee! :laugh:
    I'm actually trying to learn how to have less coffee and only a few tablespoons of creamer and sugar. Slowly have to get used to weaning myself off the sugar.
  • meghan6867
    meghan6867 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    From what I understand caffiene (in moderation, of course) can promote weightloss.

That being said, I generally pass on the coffee... but that's because I have hypertension. :happy:
  • sanna104
    sanna104 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I drink two cups of coffee every day with soy milk and sugar.