Are people drinking coffee? Why or why not?

Options

Replies

• Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    At least a pot a day...black, no sugar. Happily addicted.
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    I've never been a coffee drinker. I think coffee tastes gross.
  • gramarye
    gramarye Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Definitely, yes coffee. Coffee forever. I'm a writer, and stereotypes are alive and well here in the midwest -- so all my social gatherings take place near coffee or liquor. :D

And coffee itself is plenty good for you. So, I indulge that craving pretty much whenever the mood strikes.
  • ltweaver
    Options
    I drink coffee -- half fully leaded and half decaf (I live in Sweden - and I hate to import my decaf - via an extra suitcase any time I travel). I don't put milk or sugar in it - lucky enough to always have loved it black. When I was on WW, they said to reduce it, but that didn't work for me (the whole routine just made me obsessed with food). This time I'm going for small changes over the long-haul. So I don't want to add cutting coffee in to the mix.
  • janetta001
    Options
    One cup EVERY morning with cream and splenda. I use those little cream cups, normally 3 per cup and 3 packets of Splenda. My trainer says the caffeine will boost my metabolism.
  • Andreaa0729
    Andreaa0729 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I just started drinking coffee a month ago and now I'm hooked. I guess its because all I drink is water and I haven't had anything caffinated since 2009. I should switch to decaffinated!! I haven't had any problems losing weight,so I think I will continue with drinking it :smile:
  • fatjavotte
    fatjavotte Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I drink lots of black coffee. I switched to decaf in 2007 (breastfeeding) and haven't switched back.
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I drink 12-24 ounces on most days. Decaf or regular doesn't matter... the caffeine does not affect me.. I can go a week without having anything with caffeine and I don't even notice. Stevia and skim milk for me.. though less and less sweetener is necessary. I predict soon, I'll just be having milk.

I actually find it to be a nice treat and it helps curb cravings... Just now I was DYING for one of those horrible 480 calorie cherry pie snack pocket things.. You know the kind with the thick sugary crust. Instead I decided to treat myself to a 12 ounce coffee with a bit of cinnamon and skim milk in it YUM. 24 calories instead of 480. AND coffee has many health benefits.
  • Krissy_b777
    Options
    I love my coffee in the morning. But since I drink protein shakes now, I have not really had the craving. But on the weekend I do indulge in lots of coffee!!
  • downinaggieland98
    downinaggieland98 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Yes. I drink it to wake up and to keep me from killing people.

Best answer.
  • babymine55
    babymine55 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    When making LONG term health decisions, for me, it has to be realistic. I love everything about coffee!! For the safety of my husband and four kids....I take it for medicinal purposes!! I know that I will never stop, I use the flavored creamer I like, and I enjoy every last drop!!
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I don't understand the need to give it up. I've been drinking a cup a day for years, with no hinderance or change in weight. I use sugar free creamer or coconut milk creamer, and it is never more than 30 calories. I just don't get why people find this intense desire to have to get rid of it. As far as I'm concerned, I don't drink very much alcohol, I don't smoke, I exercise and eat right, a little coffee isn't going to break the bank!
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I love my coffee in the morning. But since I drink protein shakes now, I have not really had the craving. But on the weekend I do indulge in lots of coffee!!
    ..... LOL I put chocolate protein powder in my coffee! You just have to make sure the coffee isn't too hot. YUM!
  • tutti777
    Options
    I love my coffee with half and half and would never think of giving it up. You can't give up everything you enjoy. Like another member, I usually stop drinking my coffee around 11am. I don't work outside the home so I don't generally start with my coffee until 8am or so.
  • nack_23
    nack_23 Posts: 154
    Options
    And makes for a GREAT pre-workout
  • LaurenRosePR
    LaurenRosePR Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I probably shouldn't reply because I'm biased, but I LOVE my coffee. I even have a separate category if you look at my Food Diary for Coffee.

Coffee can be good for you because it stimulates you and there are tons of studies to disprove that it's dangerous to your health, but you have to listen to your body and how you feel. Make sure to drink plenty of water if it leaves you feeling dehydrated but remember, coffee is 98% water!

I've also noticed that the more you drink water and spend time exercising, the less you crave sweet food/drinks all the time. So after a while, you may not want so much cream and sugar in your coffee.

Hope this helps!
  • MsKriss281
    MsKriss281 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    If I'm breathing then I probably had coffee that day. I work shift work and find that morning (my morning no matter what time of day it is) cup of coffee the push I need to get ready to go to work. I stick to 2 cups a day and add fat free creamer usually flavored for added sweetness.
    I have managed to give up Starbucks and all of their evil calorie laden drinks and have started drinking hot tea later in my shift when I'm cold and want something hot but don't need the burst of caffeine because I am trying to wind down my day.
  • Marie3391
    Marie3391 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I love coffee! There's nothing anyone can tell me to make me stop drinking it. It is an awesome diuretic. It's great for your metabolism and it doesn't have too many calories. I add mine to my breakfast calories when I use a tablespoon of creamer and stevia in it.
  • GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    yes, I drink a cup almost every day. The reason why.............so I don't throat punch someone!
  • meminustwenty
    Options
    I drink it.. it helps suppress my appetite and my appetite is too big for my own good. I drink it black, 1-3 cups a day. I try never ever to drink more than three cups. I think I drink too much though I want to cut back to 1-2 cups a day max.