Are people drinking coffee? Why or why not?

Options

Replies

• melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Yup still drink it, no sugar, splash of cream.

I drink it because you won't like me without it. Just not worth it for ME to give up. I have given up things as I've gone along because I realized that weren't THAT important to me. ONE cup of coffee in the morning is important to me so I keep it. Not getting rid of it ever LOL

Plus coffee is good for your brain ;)
  • joann1029
    joann1029 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love my coffee, drink black most of the time. Enjoy a little hazelnut creamer sometimes.
  • hdjjones
    hdjjones Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Yes, I like coffee. I drink it black. Doesn't seem to hinder my weight loss.
  • KCoolBeanz
    KCoolBeanz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I drink it....because if I don't, others are not safe.
  • charleneagilmore
    charleneagilmore Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Gotta have my morning cup. I add 3-4 TBS of organic half and half. That's my splurge for the day.. and it's worth it. Those fake ie coconut milk or soy creamers are gross and anything sugar free is bad for you anyways. So, a little fat, a small bit of sugar. All in moderation.
  • mello
    mello Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    When making LONG term health decisions, for me, it has to be realistic. I love everything about coffee!! For the safety of my husband and four kids....I take it for medicinal purposes!! I know that I will never stop, I use the flavored creamer I like, and I enjoy every last drop!!

This!!!!

Look at her weight loss ticker, thinking coffee has not been a problem.

I'm the same way, along my journey my cup of coffee with flavored creamer and two teaspoons of sugar has not stopped me from losing weight, in fact, some days it's been the only thing that's kept me sane. I look forward to it as a treat. Summer months, I'm drinking one cup in the mornings, but winter months I drink two cups a day. I love it, I love my additions to it and I'll continue to drink it!!:drinker:
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    No I had terrible stomach bloating and pain so at advice from GI doc I quit
  • mlclarke22
    mlclarke22 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    theres so reason to give it up!! i switched to skim milk(just a splash) and 1 splenda...or i put in some choc mint soy milk which is delish..i need at least one cup a day or else im cranky! plus its too delicious to give up..but keep in mind to stay away from flavored coffees unless the are brewed from the bean because otherwise you are getting a ton more calories and a bunch of other crap that you dont need!
  • BeccaLevine
    BeccaLevine Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I'm with everyone else! i haven't given it up, just make it healthier. I use a tiny bit of 1% milk and Truvia. Even put some fat free reddi whip on top sometimes, 2 tablespoons = 5 calories. Hasn't hurt my weight loss!
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    No, because it makes your breath smell like an old woman's.
  • Leannek74
    Leannek74 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I have mine black, it's good for metabolism.... but you can try it with milk instead of cream, and half the sugar...
  • alexveksler
    alexveksler Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I looked at the weight loss ticker for the last 9 pages of this post.

People who lost significant amount of weight (most of them) ARE COFFEE drinkers.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    I love coffee in the morning. Black and hot. I will not give it up unless my doctor tells me I have to or I will die.
  • Sarahsue94
    Options
    The amount coffee I drink is directly correlated with the amound of grumpiness I feel in the morning. But seriously....I get to drink and will have anywhere between 1-7 cups of coffee with a little creamer.
  • pineygirl
    pineygirl Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I haven't given it up yet and don't really plan to, unless I really can't lose this weight. I add real whole milk and a splash of half-n half and one teaspoon of real sugar. I add it to my breakfast calories.

It's what makes my 90 minute drive to work each morning somewhat bareable.
  • tiffanyhudgins
    Options
    My diet allows for 1 cup of coffee, no sugar, but I can use any creamer I'd like.
  • shortchange1
    shortchange1 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Love my coffee and start the day with three mugs w/skim milk. At lunchtime I switch to green tea and drink that until bedtime.
  • Darley13
    Darley13 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    :drinker: I can't function without my morning coffee. I usually drink 1 homemade non-fat latte a day, on weekends sometimes two. I use sugar in it and adjust my calorie intake for it. I feel nothing is bad as long as you account for it and use moderation.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,300 Member
    Options
    I have a food heading called "coffee time" because i adore my lattes..and i make three a day..and count the calories. The main reason for calorie counting is to figure in what you really want to eat and make it work. I love that i don't have to give it up. I'm into my first week of really counting..and i'm losing right on target enjoying my coffee every day.:drinker:
  • tsdaughe
    Options
    I love my coffee. Its a major day I deal with fatigue. I usually have one cup in the morning with sweet n low or splenda and 1% organic milk. Sometimes I add in sugar. I am going to try coconut milk and soy mil though to see how that tastes. Some mornings like today I had two cups.