If God gave you naturally large thighs listen up

Options

Replies

• gypsyrose64
    gypsyrose64 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    PomegranatePriestess says.....

I remember it as if it were only yesterday... I was in Heaven waiting in the Thigh Gap line, which was as long as the line for the ladies room on nickel beer night and I really just wanted to get the being born part over already so I said, "Screw it, I'm moving over to Thicker Thighs and Big Booty... it was a ghost town over there and God was like, "Here you go. You'll thank me later." He was so right, that God! I call his name sometimes when I'm busy enjoying them.

ROFLMAO!
  • Cincybuckfan
    Options

I remember it as if it were only yesterday... I was in Heaven waiting in the Thigh Gap line, which was as long as the line for the ladies room on nickel beer night and I really just wanted to get the being born part over already so I said, "Screw it, I'm moving over to Thicker Thighs and Big Booty... it was a ghost town over there and God was like, "Here you go. You'll thank me later." He was so right, that God! I call his name sometimes when I'm busy enjoying them.

That is a great way to put it! Many of men out there thank women like you for changing lines!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options

For the win!
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I love the feeling of muscle atrophy, makes me feel sexy!

pretty much what I was thinking.

Same here. I once had "genetically" enhanced legs ... when I was 100 lbs overweight. I still had "genetically" enhanced legs after losing 70 lbs on a cardio-only regimen. Then I wised up and started deadlifting and squatting and eating a kick-*kitten* diet full of lean protein and healthy fats, and magically my "genetically" enhanced legs got smaller and tighter.

well that wouldn't give every woman the same results. don't judge b/c you sound silly.

Um, yes, it would. Your body does not defy the principles of thermodynamics. You are not a unique, special snowflake.

Once and for all (I hope), you don't get "toned" from running or swimming or biking or lifting weights. You get it from having a relatively low body fat percentage, and that comes from a consistent caloric deficit combined with some form of resistance training and a diet that lends itself to muscle preservation.

You are the one who sounds silly with all your nonsense about having genetically enhanced thighs that can be somehow shrunk by simply not exercising them. That's about as dumb as saying you can turn your genetically blue eyes into brown ones by keeping them closed for 47 days. If your genetics have dictated that you have 30-inch thighs, YOU COULDN'T CHANGE THAT. Since we know you CAN, in fact, change the size of your thighs by exercising and eating a proper diet, we know the size of our thighs is NOT genetic. Good Lord, take a biology class.
    This thread has irked me from both sides, but this post is the best. Human bodies are just basic science. There isn't much of a guessing game involved.
  • DaisandTuck
    Options
    Sorry, newbie here, and that was meant to comment on the Escape to Witch Mountain post!
  • Elzecat
    Options
    I have naturally large thighs. I train lower body. I like having strong, muscular (and fat) legs.

If you don't want to lift with your legs, fine. If you are happy with your body great. I'd like to see before and after pictures, though, mainly because I'm curious.

What I don't like is when people encourage others to neglect such a large portion of their body out of a quest for some imaginary "perfection".

Yes. Agreed.

I'm back in the same jeans from when I was doing cardio for probably 80% of my workouts and guess what, I weigh 15 lbs more and lift a bajillion times more than I run. Man, I'm getting so bulky from doing all this lifting with my naturally fat thighs.

Plus, my fat lifting legs have carried me through some crazy cardio like a half marathon and many other races. I'll keep my lifting and my cardio, thanks.

All of the above.
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options

****golf claps****
  • Shaylam82
    Shaylam82 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I think I am unusual in that I love having thicker thighs.

I think that as long as they are muscle and don;t have cellulite that think thighs with a small waist and flat stomach looks amazing. It'w what I am aiming for!

This is my goal as well
  • Elzecat
    Options
    tumblr_m4ju4mimrb1qcb58yo2_500.gif

*dies laughing* So keeping this gif..lmao

Speaking of great thighs...:blushing:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,579 Member
    Options
    I found out the key for myself to get the nice muscular lean legs that I've always wanted. I am a mesomorph and I develop leg muscles very quickly, but my upper body is very weak.

I learned to do absolutely no leg exercises and now my legs look awesome. My legs always looked fat to me. I tried the lunges, squats, etc. and my legs would just look fatter. A personal trainer told me to stop and just get my leg workouts from jogging, elliptical, etc. I did it and now my thighs are 20 inches and I can fit into my jeans. I love it!

Just throwing this out there for women who have genetically enhanced legs.
    I've trained clients who were mesomorphs with big legs with weight training for legs and their legs slimmed down too. It will depend on what goal one will want to reach. Some may just want to get into jeans. Others may want "harder" looking legs in bikini's. One size doesn't fit all.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I have thick thighs (21.5) and big calves (14.5) and I want them to look like Erin Sterns in this picture. My calves are already pretty good looking but I need to work on my thighs.

erinstern_zps734a3597.jpg

Please tell me you're like, 4ft tall? When did 21.5" thighs become thick? What are the categories *over* thick? Asking for a friend.
  • Tw1zzler
    Tw1zzler Posts: 583
    Options
    I love leg day. My legs have gotten stronger and firmer by doing barbell squats and deadlifts. I stopped doing machine isolation moves. (21 inch thighs and I think they are my best asset.)
  • wildfirediva
    Options
    This is my goal....

Oh Coco...that booty..... ;P

3434-coco-working-out.jpg
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Have you see the beautiful strong thicker thighs here? Leg muscles are fabulous please don't let your muscles atrophy!
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options

You are awesome. Effing awesome.
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I have a lot to say here, but it all boils down to:

I completely disagree with your methods. Women don't "hulk out" just because they have some sort of strength training routine. Your advice is just going to scare more women into becoming elliptical bunnies.
  • brandyjones1991
    brandyjones1991 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I really like reading the forums on here, but it is really disheartening when so many people are negative and just plain rude. If you don't agree with the post, politely say so or don't respond at all. I liked this post because I have bigger thighs and calves and I've been worried about making them bigger or keeping them the same size when I start working out. This isn't because I want to fit some "barbie image" but because I would like to be able to fit proportionally in jeans and boots. (Especially boots, my calves have always been to large for boots and I really want to slim my calve so they will fit!)
  • stonel94
    stonel94 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    What do you guys consider big thighs? Mine are pretty muscular, just inner thigh is still a little more like fat, but it's really hard to get rid of that....

the biggest part (the part that still has some fat) is 24 inches and the smallest part a little over 16 inches, is that still big? Sometimes it feels big sometimes it doesn't
  • blossom7onice
    blossom7onice Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have found that Insanity, soccer and running have helped tone my unnaturally large bottom half. There's nothing that will change my body shape completely, so the best option is to lose as much jiggle as possible for me. I still don't love that my thighs and butt are larger than normal, but they are much better than what they were.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I have a lot to say here, but it all boils down to:

I completely disagree with your methods. Women don't "hulk out" just because they have some sort of strength training routine. Your advice is just going to scare more women into becoming elliptical bunnies.

But I love my elliptical!!! hehehe :D

I really do - I invested in one. But I also work out my muscles. I don't want to be skinny fat and I love lifting weights (well, the little ones I have. Hoping in a few months to get to the gym and really start heavy lifting..woohoo!)

And fyi ladies - unless you are shooting up testosterone, you won't bulk out like Arnold from weight training.