What drinks qualify as water?

Options

Replies

• lasmit4477
    lasmit4477 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    wait... so vodka doesn't qualify? but.. but.. but... it LOOKS like water!?!

It's a shame, isn't it?!?!!!
  • aylajane
    aylajane Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Just drink WATER! Why is this concept so hard for people to grasp? Why do people feel the need to drink FLAVORED things? :grumble:

Water DOES have a taste - and it varies depending on where you live and whether you drink tap or bottled, and some bottled tastes different than others.

I personally think chocolate tastes nasty. I dont understand why people feel the need to eat chocolate on anything. Its so obvious it just adds calories and makes whatever you are eating taste bad. Why is that so hard for people to grasp?!

*sarcasm* :)
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I only bathe my inside with what is fit to bathe my outside. I wont shower in tea or coffee or club soda.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I only bathe my inside with what is fit to bathe my outside. I wont shower in tea or coffee or club soda.
    So I guess that coffee enema is right out then?
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Water and Gasoline
  • DarthH8
    DarthH8 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I only count water injected straight into my bloodstream. Anything else can actually cause you to lose more water so I wouldn't recommend any fluids aside from injection.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    While I have nothing of use to contribute to this thread at this time, I'm very interested in learning more about the topic at hand and needed a convenient way to "bookmark" this page to read later (in case I am distracted in my initial attempts to read through all of the previous pages). I believe I have certain knowledge of and experience with this topic such that I expect that I may be able to provide a meaningful contribution to the discussion. This post, while admittedly contributing nothing to the thread, is my way of accomplishing this. Perhaps if I have something to contribute once I have read through everything posted so far, I will either edit this post to make it more meaningful or will create and submit an entirely new post.

(On any other forums website (like MFP that did not have an ability to track posts), I would just post "in", perhaps accompanied by a witty observation about my expectations for the post based on my reading of only OP and some of page one, but didn't want anyone to misunderstand my intentions (as may or may not have happened previously in my time on MFP and may or may not have resulted in disciplinary action).)
  • hjy319
    hjy319 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Tea, coffee, and water mixed with flavor packets (I add the calories from the extras) and of course good old tap water :smile:
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    In my world, water does. I drink up to and sometimes over a gallon a day...
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    I spent 9 years in the Army. They had this little celebration every month they call "monthly urinalysis". It's always a surprise - they called you at 5am and told you to report before 6:30am to provide a specimen. If you happen to be one of those people that got up prior to 5am and already had peed (or couldn't hold it until the urinalysis started at 6:30am), they made you drink water. Continually. Until you pee. If you are unlucky enough to be one of the last people left to pee, you get to drink water AND exercise until you pee.

By the way, the water you drink was usually taken from the most readily available source that they could fill the orange Rubbermaid water cooler with - usually the mop sink or a garden hose.

I tell this story for a reason. Water DOES have a flavor. It's a flavor that usually makes me sick to my stomach because the events that transpired above. I can usually make it through a 20oz bottle without much gagging, but after that I have to throw a flavor packet in my bottle to keep taking in fluids.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    For all you saying coffee=water--

Drink 32-40oz of coffee to hydrate during the day and then go do your Bikram yoga or heavy cardiovascular workout routine and only drink coffee as you would water during your workout and then tell me that coffee is the same as water....really...heeheee. Coffee consumption does not equal water consumption, period.

Water=water

heehee...uh...yeah....did that Monday. Drank coffee ALL day at work, went and worked out after doing heavy cardio and wham!! all was just fine.

Your point....I'm not getting it.

Oh yeah...ETA: Period.
  • openskybeach
    openskybeach Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I'm to tired....
  • BigDave1050
    BigDave1050 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    two hydrogens and one oxygen.

H20!

Ask Bobby Boucher
    Bobbie2_zpsd67b1b7e.gif
    Bobbie1_zps2f511ad2.gif
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Only fresh mountain runoff scooped up and drunk out of the palm of your hand.

bottled-water.jpg
  • stunningalmond
    stunningalmond Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I only count water injected straight into my bloodstream. Anything else can actually cause you to lose more water so I wouldn't recommend any fluids aside from injection.

HAHA!!!
  • Midnight_Sunshine
    Midnight_Sunshine Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    For all you saying coffee=water--

Drink 32-40oz of coffee to hydrate during the day and then go do your Bikram yoga or heavy cardiovascular workout routine and only drink coffee as you would water during your workout and then tell me that coffee is the same as water....really...heeheee. Coffee consumption does not equal water consumption, period.

Water=water

Actually recent studies have shown that the amount of water in a cup of coffee or tea supersedes the amount of caffeine. I was reading it in Women's Health in the bathtub last night. lol.

Let me see if the article is on their site. I'll edit when I find it.

EDIT: Drat that article isn't on their site. Too bad. It was a good one about what counts as water. But a quick Google search proves my point. All the sites pulled up when you ask "does coffee count as water" pull up a definitive YES.

If you don't want to count it as your water intake then fine.. don't. (I personally don't). But if other people do it is perfectly acceptable.

Remember... if you made it with water then it's water and it counts. You're not Jesus.
  • CrimsonAffliction
    Options
    I only count plain water as water.
  • openskybeach
    openskybeach Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    two hydrogens and one oxygen.

H20!

Ask Bobby Boucher
    Bobbie2_zpsd67b1b7e.gif
    Bobbie1_zps2f511ad2.gif

This is great.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    I'm to tired....

Coffee helps with that...or so I hear.
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I only count clear unflavored water in my "water" count, however, if I've had a bottle of flavored (sugar free) water or caffeine free hot tea, I keep that in mind if I'm having a hard time hitting my 8 cup water goal.