If God gave you naturally large thighs listen up

Options

Replies

• katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    The happiest I ever was with my thighs (and abs!) was when I was taking 2-4 dance classes and doing pilates 2-3x/wk (it also helped that I was an undergrad, so lots of time). It's my goal to get back into more pilates and dance-based classes, but the low/no weight and high-repitition that gives you definition and strength without the bulk does take a bigger time commitment that sets of squats/lunges usually do.

I don't think the pilates or the dancing type of ballet moves (except for the cardio in dancing)
    would do anything that gives much of a burn for me.
    As a reference point, I hadn't done squats or any type of planned exercise in months.
    As a fit test I did as many squats as I could without weights. many of them while I punched a
    standing bag. it took awhile. I got bored. I did 300. they weren't all deep, or special or anything,
    but knowing that, I try much harder to challenge myself.

My main goal working out is to challenge my legs. I haven't been working out regularly, but
    after just a few weeks, very few workouts give me doms or any soreness at all.
    plyo, alternated with weight training. 45 mins. now that's a workout to work the legs.
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    This thread is so full of nonsense.

'my legs are hot'
    'my legs are sexy'
    'you're all jealous'
    'im 41 with a hot body'
    'I'll never have to worry about bone density'

Get your head out of your nether regions. Your original post was irresponsible, encouraging people NOT to strength train their legs to be stronger. I'm afraid it IS one or the other....you could probably run longer than me, I could out squat you...you're not going to have STRONG muscular legs, but you may have lean legs.

You sure as hell should worry about things like bone density, instead of being concerned with 'being sexy'. Functional>appearance anyday.
  • serapi
    serapi Posts: 197 Member
    Options

'my legs are hot'
    'my legs are sexy'
    'you're all jealous'
    'im 41 with a hot body'

Get your head out of your nether regions. Your original post was irresponsible, encouraging people NOT to strength train their legs to be stronger. I'm afraid it IS one or the other....you could probably run longer than me, I could out squat you...you're not going to have STRONG muscular legs, but you may have lean legs.

You sure as hell should worry about things like bone density, instead of being concerned with 'being sexy'. Functional>appearance anyday.

get your head out of you nether regions yourself!

my sarcastic comments were in retaliation to rude people. I was being fesicious. guess you didn't quite catch on.
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options

'my legs are hot'
    'my legs are sexy'
    'you're all jealous'
    'im 41 with a hot body'

my sarcastic comments were in retaliation to rude people. I was being fesicious. guess you didn't quite catch on.

It didn't sound like sarcasm, it sounded like the shout of a woman back into a corner 'I AM hot, so stop telling me I'm wrong'.
  • serapi
    Options

'my legs are hot'
    'my legs are sexy'
    'you're all jealous'
    'im 41 with a hot body'

It didn't sound like sarcasm, it sounded like the shout of a woman back into a corner 'I AM hot, so stop telling me I'm wrong'.

Please. Did my posts hit a personal nerve with you? I'm not in any corner. I still advocate that if women don't want overly muscular legs, to lay off the leg exercises if they don't like the results.
  • HotMummyMission
    HotMummyMission Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Mine are a disaster anybody with any help please inbox me xxxxxx
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    I have the same thick thigh/butt issue, but I want to tone them AND take fat off, instead of just having them look skinny. Has your cardio done that for you?

^^^ YES!!!!! This!
  • a1schwei
    a1schwei Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options

Do some cardio. Do some strength training. Build a small calorie deficit by eating appropriate portion sizes and exercising regularly, and fuel your body with (mostly) healthy foods (I'm not an extremist so I kinda go with an 80/20 percent approach-80 percent whole, healthy foods, 20 percent treats/not so healthy stuff. That personally works for me, it may not for everybody).
    I don't get the argument here and can't believe this thread is still alive.
  • vegancrunkk
    vegancrunkk Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    WILL DO! Thanks!! : )
  • HotMummyMission
    Options

Do some cardio. Do some strength training. Build a small calorie deficit by eating appropriate portion sizes and exercising regularly, and fuel your body with (mostly) healthy foods (I'm not an extremist so I kinda go with an 80/20 percent approach-80 percent whole, healthy foods, 20 percent treats/not so healthy stuff. That personally works for me, it may not for everybody).

I'm losing weight fine 32lbs since September but my thighs don't seem to be budging there huge as you all can see <<<<< I'm losing lbs but not inches ! Also always had big thighs when I was under weight but there just wow huge nw
  • serapi
    Options

You are carrying extra weight is all. If it were me, I'd go on a calorie deficit...do lots of cardio and focus on losing fat mass. Once you've lost your fat mass, then you can begin strength training to get sculpted. It's very difficult to build muscle and lose fat at the same time b/c when you are building muscle, you will get super hungry. It is possible, but I find that doing one or the other works better for me, so I reach my fitness goals in stages.

Do what's best for you. Some great programs are NROL, pillates, or just your own free weight program. You will figure out what is best for your body and what your own preferences are.
  • serapi
    Options
    I have the same thick thigh/butt issue, but I want to tone them AND take fat off, instead of just having them look skinny. Has your cardio done that for you?

^^^ YES!!!!! This!

It has worked great for me. It really depends on your own body and how it responds to your training program.
  • HotMummyMission
    Options

You are carrying extra weight is all. If it were me, I'd go on a calorie deficit...do lots of cardio and focus on losing fat mass. Once you've lost your fat mass, then you can begin strength training to get sculpted. It's very difficult to build muscle and lose fat at the same time b/c when you are building muscle, you will get super hungry. It is possible, but I find that doing one or the other works better for me, so I reach my fitness goals in stages.

Do what's best for you. Some great programs are NROL, pillates, or just your own free weight program. You will figure out what is best for your body and what your own preferences are.

I'm on 1200 a day hunni haha like I said I'm losing weight fine but my body isant changing
  • serapi
    Options

I agree with the small caloric deficit. I keep mine at no more than 300 calories. If I'm losing fat, I eat 1900 calories a day and maintain at around 2150 calories. I end up losing about .75 lbs a week on this and it stays off.

I prefer to lose fat in stages personally. I will up the cardio and do a bit of weight training when losing fat. Once the fat is gone, then I begin focusing on the weights more. I find that when I'm building strength, I get incredibly hungry and begin to gain fat on top of muscle.

You can find calculators to determine what your BMR is and then you add about 300-500 to that and you should lose weight at a nice steady pace (as long as you are dedicated to being active).
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    I'm a meso too but in my case I'm quick to develop muscles all over my body not just in legs though I'm not eating on a surplus.

I <3 my muscles though :D
  • serapi
    Options

I'm on 1200 a day hunni haha like I said I'm losing weight fine but my body isant changing

1200 calories a day is the bare minimum for an adult female. I would even say that you are most likely in starvation mode and your body is holding onto the fat stores b/c it's hungry. How tall are you and what to you currently weigh? I can calculate your BMR for you. If you add 300 calories to your BMR, you should lose weight at a nice steady pace.

For example, I'm 5'8" and 127 lbs. My BMR is about 1450 calories a day (partly b/c I have good mucle mass also). That is what I need to eat just to stay alive and stop my body from eating itself. If I eat less than 1450 calories, my body would begin to eat my muscle stores to stay alive. You want to steer clear of this. It's not healthy.

The lowest number of calories I will eat in a day is 1850. I would still lost a pound a week on this without losing my muscle.

Be careful of crash diets, they never work. Once you begin eating again, your body will store all of it as fat and you will have less muscle and you will look skinny fat.
  • serapi
    Options
    I'm a meso too but in my case I'm quick to develop muscles all over my body not just in legs though I'm not eating on a surplus.

I <3 my muscles though :D

Good for you! Loving your body is so contradictory to women in today's day and age.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    Ok but how does your butt look?
  • laurasnyder411
    laurasnyder411 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hahahahhaha! My day started kinda crappy. But now I laugh.