How many here have "never been thin"

Options

Replies

• mwownbey
    Options
    Been fighting this battle all my life!!! Hopefully this year will be a good year!! I have started off right, just gotta stay on track. I am getting older and it is not going to get any easier. I don't want to be "skinny" just healthy.
  • aekimz23
    aekimz23 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I've been overweight since 3rd grade, and I'm short, so I've always felt like the fattest girl in everything, even when I wasn't.
  • kelly101386
    kelly101386 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    From the age of ten I have always been over weight, I broke my hips and three weeks on traction with a crappy diet meant I piled on the weight. At the age of 13 I was 13 stone.
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I was never thin. I was always the "Chubby girl" and was told that I should just accept it and learn to live with being the big girl. When I was 23 and 252 pounds I decided to say "No, I won't accept it"

I went from 252 to 126 pounds. You can be the person you want to be if you just work for it, and keep at it! Strive to be the best version of yourself that you can be. You don't have to accept it!

You can do it! :)
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    SweetxCatastrophe Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I was thin once... When I was 4yrs old :grumble:
  • betsz1
    betsz1 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I've been within 20 pounds of being thin twice in my life. Close but no cigar... :sad:
  • pinkbullets
    pinkbullets Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what it's like to be a healthy size. Ever since I was a little kid, I've been chubby and eventually got to a size 24.

To be completely honest, I'm actually scared to find out what it's like to be not necessarily thin, but to be what would be considered a normal size. I can't wait, though!
  • kg2run
    kg2run Posts: 25
    Options
    I've always been the biggest one in my group of friends. In high school I used to think I was huge but now looking back on pictures, I would kill to be that size again! (And I was like a size 14/16)

This is me.
  • mpachee
    mpachee Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Ever since puberty, I've always remembered my mom and dad on my case about going on diets.
  • GymRatToo
    GymRatToo Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to this group. :o) I am a Mom of 7 so I've been UP and DOWN so many times. Hahaha I'm at it again, trying to lose the junk in the trunk. I have been doing it alone so I thought that I'd have a few places to go for a bit of motivation. I am also on FB, I started a group called Getting Fit. One Pound At A TIME (not LB but spell out Pound). I am back on My Fitness Pal and it has changed a bit from 2008. LOL (for the better)! Anyhow, hello and GOOD LUCK to all of you here!!! :D
  • Ready2Serve
    Ready2Serve Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    That would be me!!! I have always been the big guy. Been a firefighter for 20 years, and while I am big I hide my weight very well. Guess it help being 6'5". No one ever believed that I was at 300 pounds. Those days are behind me can't wait to see what they say when I show up for an event when I get to my dream weight.
  • JustANumber85
    JustANumber85 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I FEEL that way, does that count? I havent been thin since 2004. :(
  • fun_b
    fun_b Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Me! :sad: I am getting closer to the weight I was as a teenager but need to lose at least 28 pounds to be considered thin.
  • fun_b
    fun_b Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what it's like to be a healthy size. Ever since I was a little kid, I've been chubby and eventually got to a size 24.

To be completely honest, I'm actually scared to find out what it's like to be not necessarily thin, but to be what would be considered a normal size. I can't wait, though!

Exactly the same for me.
  • FinallyFindingLisa
    FinallyFindingLisa Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Never been thin :blushing: . I was a big baby (10lb plus), a chubby child, an overweight teenager and obese adult. I can't imagine how good it will feel when I'm finally slim :happy:

This!!
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I've never been skinny, always very overweight. Althought my goal is not to be skinny but to be fit....I'm 6' and 180 lbs now and still see the fat guy!
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    I was quite underweight until I was about three, my parents and doc were concerned.

AND THEN EVERYTHING CHANGED, OH DID IT EVER :grumble:
  • letobot
    letobot Posts: 205
    Options
    You are what you think of yourself

Love it....words of wisdom my friends
  • hummingbird71
    hummingbird71 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Raises hand and jumps up and down! I have NEVER, EVER, EVER been THIN!! And even now with the loss of 50 pounds and still another 45-50 to go I KNOW I will NEVER be "thin" in my mind! Something I have to deal with. I weighed 110 in 5th grade! Very hard to deal with all the jokes/pokes/harsh words at that age. I see the change in the mirror but instead of patting my self on the back and saying "good job" I pick out those BAD things that still need A LOT of work!! Thin.... ha that is a pizza crust type right! Good luck on your journey!!
  • junip1977
    junip1977 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    *Sigh* me too!! Definitely been thinner than now, but never thin. I would love to reach that point as well and be healthier!