Lost 100 pounds in 6 months... many progress pics!

Options

Replies

• nydragon
    nydragon Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You inspire!
  • savingsunday
    savingsunday Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, you did amazing! It's very inspirational!
  • kbdalt
    kbdalt Posts: 11
    Options
    Congratulations! You have inspired me.
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    You are awesome! Legend..
  • JuicyKey31
    Options
    AWESOME WORK! I'M IN YOUR CORNER! I'm currently setting Goals to get to where you are, I'm active but not enough I guess! I commend you on your life success & weight loss. I'm in it to win it so if you have any suggestions please let me know Thanks JuicyKey31!:smile:
  • PurpleTina
    PurpleTina Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look amazing! I particularly like the fact that you have been completely honest and recorded the 'gain' weeks, which for some people (myself included) can be so very demoralising. As they say. 'weight loss is not linear' but you are proof that a long term commitment really does work.
  • fraggles1805
    fraggles1805 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Amazing, tried to buy your book but am in the UK and won't let me :(
  • fraggles1805
    fraggles1805 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Amazing, tried to buy your book but am in the UK and won't let me :(

Ignore me....I tired to use the link but when I searched on UK site I could get it!
  • lauralind5
    lauralind5 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Thats fantastic ! You have inspired me this morning, thank you !
  • Richie2shoes
    Richie2shoes Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    This is great! I'm starting from the same place and working at it the same way. It's tough to change 40 years of bad habits and stories like yours help keep me motivated.
  • tyler
    tyler Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    They motivate me, too! This is the time when a bunch of the New Year's Resolutioners stop going to the gym -- I'd love to see the gym PACKED all year round. I'd do anything to prevent people leaving.

So nice to hear you say this. It's so discouraging to hear the regular gym go-ers complain about the newbies and how crowded it is, to the point of saying things like, they'll quit soon. Everyone was new once.

I know. You and I are on the same page -- why wouldn't people want others to be more active? I don't care if it's an inconvenience to me and I have to wait on an elliptical... come to the gym and workout and change your life! You paid for your gym membership, too!
  • PinkyKiwii
    PinkyKiwii Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    WOOOOWWWWW

FANTASTIC!
  • tyler
    Options
    Wow, you look amazing! I particularly like the fact that you have been completely honest and recorded the 'gain' weeks, which for some people (myself included) can be so very demoralising. As they say. 'weight loss is not linear' but you are proof that a long term commitment really does work.

I'm all about being transparent and realizing that weight loss isn't a two, three, or four year journey -- it's a lifelong venture. There will be some days, weeks, and maybe even months where I sustain/gain/lose weight, but it'll all balance out at the end of the day. As long as I make sure to stay active, eat higher in calorie foods in moderation, then everything will work out.
  • tyler
    Options
    thats really great to hear! its so freekin hard at times to stay under calories and yes i do want to eat 5 slices of pizza sometimes and not feel guilty about it ;) you look great and awesome job!

Sorry it's taking me so long to respond to things, I just learned how quote works... I'm getting used to the forum!

I have those days, as well! I even have those weeks. I'm pretty good with moderation these days, but it's always good to know (unlike past attempts to lose weight) that I'm not on a diet... I'm not going to binge and stop being active one day after I pig out on five pieces of pizza, for example. I'm just going to wake up, go to the gym, and start moderating again. It's a lifestyle, not a diet!
  • jhigg11
    jhigg11 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    way to go! You are such an inspiration. Your weight loss is fantastic, but I'm really impressed with your attitude towards the food. Your progress in your profile picture is amazing.
  • beccabee38
    beccabee38 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    That is awesome, Tyler!! Congratulations on your success!
  • mikoodles
    mikoodles Posts: 139
    Options
    You are an inspiration. Amazing work!
  • tyler
    Options
    way to go! You are such an inspiration. Your weight loss is fantastic, but I'm really impressed with your attitude towards the food. Your progress in your profile picture is amazing.

Thank you!

The second we make food an "enemy," it starts to control us. It's as the old saying goes... those that control your thoughts control you. There's no denying people have food addictions, myself included, but to beat those addictions and to beat those bad food habits you have to try as hard as possible to just stop thinking about food so much, good or bad, and just try to moderate everything.

I know some people like they have to cut out X food, otherwise they'll be tempted to binge/relapse, but personally I'm much less likely to binge/relapse if I allow myself to have a little bit of whatever kind of food I want. It's better for your "diet" and new lifestyle to actually enjoy the foods you crave in moderation -- you think about them less.
  • Sirref0275
    Sirref0275 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    What an awsome story Tyler, it sounds like you told yourself you can. if you think you can or you think you can't you are right!!! Henry Ford
  • Sla6adm
    Sla6adm Posts: 31
    Options
    YOU LOOK SCRUMMY! Well done on the good work. :) x
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!