what bothers you when you go shopping?

Options
14567810»

Replies

• JustANumber85
    JustANumber85 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    When a family with two adults has a small child who is in full screaming melt down but they don't have one of them take the child outside to the car to calm down. It's stress inducing for the other shoppers and bad for the child.

Im going to assume you and the people this bothers dont have kids.

You cant always just take them to the bathroom or outside to calm down- they dont always calm down and they are in such a fit they dont want to listen anyway. sometimes the fit is from a bad mood, lack of nap/sleep, sickness, not getting a toy or food, etc. Who are YOU to judge?

<-- mom of 3.

Who am I to judge? I'm the woman with the child who would go absolutely ballistic out of the blue for years *everywhere*, full on beat my arms black and blue and scream things like "I want to tear this whole house down!". I'm the woman who had to have a plan for who would take the child out to the car and who would complete the mission we were on no matter where we went. I'm the woman who spent years wondering what the hell we were doing so very wrong in how we parented. I'm the woman who wept with anger and relief when the child was finally diagnosed at age 8 with ultradian cycling bipolar disorder after the child had an episode of pressured speech in the psychiatrist's office that triggered more precise testing.

That's who I am. The woman who did her level best to ensure that MY child didn't stress out everyone else when we were in public - no matter why that child was going nuts.

ok? I wasnt saying that AGAINST anyone except those people it bothered. i was stating sometimes there literally is NOTHING you can do.

calm down.

I WAS the original person it bothered. Therefore you addressed your statement to me. I answered. If there are two adults (as I stated) there IS something that can be done. One of them can remove the child from the store. Simple.

Well then i guess you have the magical Parenting Award because that still doesnt solve the issue all the time.
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options
    The shopping part.
  • gkwatra
    gkwatra Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    i guess hate when i have that annoying sales person following me around trying to make me fill out a survey!!!!!!!!! omg i hate that!! no i dont wanna take ur survey lol im busy

I had that once, she scared the hell outta me.

I used to get those magazine subscription guys coming at me - the ones that have to get x number of subscriptions and they get to go on a trip to Europe or somewhere. They get all flirty like that's going to get me to buy from them. Uhhh, no ... bbye.
  • gkwatra
    Options
    People who wander away from their cart and just leave it in the middle of the asile.

Women who take their male children into the ladies restroom with them when there clearly is a 'family restroom', or the child is old enough to use the men's restroom by themselves. I don't need some kid peeking under the door asking me "what are you doing?" when I'm in a stall and dealing with tampons or TP. GTFO of here kid!

'vanity sizing' I hate buying clothes now

People who are rude when you do something nice for them, like holding the door open when they are struggling with a stroller and a bunch of bags.

People who wait until they are told what the total is and *then* start writing the check; hello? your signature, the date, and the store name aren't going to change in the next 10 minutes!

People still write checks at the grocery store???
  • gkwatra
    Options
    People in pajama pants or sweats! Really should try to put decent clothes on when going into public!

Haha, you're not from my town then :)! I swear, that is the dress code for Wal-Mart around here!! (I wouldn't be caught DEAD like that, though!)

Don't forget the curlers in your hair.
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    When a family with two adults has a small child who is in full screaming melt down but they don't have one of them take the child outside to the car to calm down. It's stress inducing for the other shoppers and bad for the child.

Im going to assume you and the people this bothers dont have kids.

You cant always just take them to the bathroom or outside to calm down- they dont always calm down and they are in such a fit they dont want to listen anyway. sometimes the fit is from a bad mood, lack of nap/sleep, sickness, not getting a toy or food, etc. Who are YOU to judge?

<-- mom of 3.

Who am I to judge? I'm the woman with the child who would go absolutely ballistic out of the blue for years *everywhere*, full on beat my arms black and blue and scream things like "I want to tear this whole house down!". I'm the woman who had to have a plan for who would take the child out to the car and who would complete the mission we were on no matter where we went. I'm the woman who spent years wondering what the hell we were doing so very wrong in how we parented. I'm the woman who wept with anger and relief when the child was finally diagnosed at age 8 with ultradian cycling bipolar disorder after the child had an episode of pressured speech in the psychiatrist's office that triggered more precise testing.

That's who I am. The woman who did her level best to ensure that MY child didn't stress out everyone else when we were in public - no matter why that child was going nuts.

ok? I wasnt saying that AGAINST anyone except those people it bothered. i was stating sometimes there literally is NOTHING you can do.

calm down.

I WAS the original person it bothered. Therefore you addressed your statement to me. I answered. If there are two adults (as I stated) there IS something that can be done. One of them can remove the child from the store. Simple.

Well then i guess you have the magical Parenting Award because that still doesnt solve the issue all the time.

It always mitigates the problem of stressing out all the other shoppers. Some people care about that.
  • REDROBE_69
    Options
    People getting in the way! :P
    Exactly!!! i agree with you on THAT!
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I shop at the marketplace. My life is perfect.