Diet + Love: Has this ever happened to anyone?

Options

Replies

• 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Why are you posting about our life on the interenet?

I WISH it was our life. Haha, pm me some pics and we can talk.
  • EstiloPanama
    Options
    hope she does not lose the taste for fish taco!!!!1

OMG. Lol.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    Options
    I guess you should make sure the two of you are connecting. A person's relationship with food/wine shouldn't affect their relationships with people! But you don't want to seem insecure so be careful.

Well, that's why I am asking you guys about it here before I overreact to her face. I want to make sure I'm being reasonable, since I have a tendency to get super emotional and fly off the handle at everything. Sux being a woman sometimes :angry:
  • peckish_pomegranate
    peckish_pomegranate Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    You have nothing to worry about, it's just resolution stuff. Anyway, I really don't think what your girlfriend is eating has anything to do with your relationship.
  • lisamarie327
    lisamarie327 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Unless your partner genuinely had an intimate relationship with cheese, i'm pretty sure you're making something out of nothing and anyone who would tell you differently is just trying to get a reaction out of you for comedic purposes because the whole idea that she may leave you like she left cheese is so completely bizarre and ridiculous.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    Options
    Communication is the key.
    Education is the door.

Open it.

This is really profound. You should write fortune cookies.
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    The Just Break Up Thing is kind of a joke in the forums. It was before my time, but it's carried on. I don't think it's meant to be a serious response.

As per your girlfriend.....I am the kind of person who can get CRAZY WRAPPED UP INTO NEW THINGS OMG THIS IS EVERYTHING I AM AND EVER WILL BE ZOMG 11!!!1!!. That can be everything from a video game to a school class to a new health habit. My initial instincts are to slam-charge into everything headfirst, rehaul everything, and completely ignore any and all signs of burnout until I've dropped myself completely on the floor.

It's not healthy, to say the least. And it drives my loved ones insane. But as I learn more about how to do thing healthy (both physical and mental), they are also learning to trust me to work through those first instincts, even if they do initially present themselves.

It may not be that she would just change and leave you by the wayside. She may just be very, very excited and the kind of person who moves that into EVERYTHING. Talk with her about it - hopefully you will find that or something similar is the case.
    ^ This to a tee.

The break up thing is a joke, because most people come on here with really pety things such as "My boyfriend bought a cd and lied to me". What you're saying is not really pety, and I think it happens to a lot of people from one end or another!

What she said is right though. I'm on the end of I charge in head first, start of strong then get burnt out.

What I can say is simply that it may be a resolution, but I gurantee she misses those things too!! I mean, these are things that brought you two closer, not things that were just there. When she starts to slow down, let her have things she wants and then comfort her and say "ya know, this is fine in moderation. We don't need to drink a whole bottle of wine a night. (not saying you did just using a drastic example)" Let her know that healthy doesn't mean over board :D

But for now, just support her, let her do what she wants and be there. She can't ditch you if you support her choices. On the other hand, you can have what you want yourself. But to support her, I'd advise not doing it around her, or keeping it where she can see it. I know if I swear off junk food and my boyfriend brings home a reeses... I'm done for. I either eat it, or get upset that he did that. In the whole "all or nothing phase" you tend to forget other people are not on that page. :P

Best of luck! Feel free to add me if you want. :)
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mdk4zusJAn1r6h22v.gif

BAHAHA!

I know you're kidding, so this made me smile.

OF COURSE IM KIDDING ARE YOU CRAZY

who wants a litter box gross

still kidding, id kill for a kitten sometimes.
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    But my partner recently started her own "resolutioner" diet, and she has sworn off like ten things. She's not eating cheese or drinking alcohol anymore. She's completely cut off all kinds of "bad" foods, which I think are totally fine to eat in moderation.

Her choice. Not the best way to do it, hey, but her choice.
    This is kind of making me nervous, to be honest. I mean, if she can just reject the things she used to love like that, what will she do to me? She says she loves me, but I have to admit that seeing her reject all the things we loved together (WIIIIINE :love: ) makes me wonder if she will just shove me away, too.

This is a huge leap that is frankly silly. Food is not people. We don't fall in love and have sex with cheese.
    Anyway, has anyone ever had to deal with rejection from a dieting partner? Should I talk to her about my feelings or will this just go away on its own?

You should probably worry about more your own paranoia before it kills the relationship.
  • weese17
    weese17 Posts: 236 Member
    Options

Anyway I can get in on this action?

I hear that all lesbians love performing for dudes. They may like the ladeez, but what really turns them on is having **** in the room.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    I have threesomes with my Happy Clover cocoa swiss roll cakes and Magnolia langka and cashew ice cream. When I check the fridge and freezer, they are always there waiting. Even when I have headaches, I cannot reject the scandalous invitations of my lovers.
  • MizSaz
    MizSaz Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Unless your partner genuinely had an intimate relationship with cheese, i'm pretty sure you're making something out of nothing and anyone who would tell you differently is just trying to get a reaction out of you for comedic purposes because the whole idea that she may leave you like she left cheese is so completely bizarre and ridiculous.

This made my day. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Try the questionable musical choice CD order test. See how she responds.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    Options
    do you have pics of you and your gf today? that would help me better help you.

Obvious troll is obvious. NO.

im not a trol. im actually a vrry helpful person my helpful only comes out after i see the beautiful glory of women together, tho why doesnt ne1 believe me. your probably ugly anyway!

You're probably jealous that I'm into women because I have a mardi gras parade happening in my pic. Sheesh...MEN.
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    If you keep doubting and mistrusting her like this and comparing her ability to stop eating cheese with her ability to have a healthy relationship with you, she might realize she can do better and dump you. I recommend to stop being crazy, and focus on being healthy in body and mind, and you'll have a healthy relationship.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    hope she does not lose the taste for fish taco!!!!1

Urgh! No need for that. Womanly love is beautiful.

(Pro tip: A vegetarian diet with a heavy emphasis on fruit really helps. In face, Shakeology makes these vegan shakes that you can mix up with berries that is really great for fishy situations)
  • blainey13
    Options
    This is a little crazy. Cutting out things she loved from her diet is so much easier than cutting out things she loves emotionally. I mean, you're not equivalent to a bottle of wine are you?

I wouldn't worry unless she actually gives you reason to believe she genuinely would break up with you or something. Otherwise, you're just over-analyzing. :)

But if you're really concerned, talk to her and let her know. People avoid this all the time, but it inevitably comes down to getting your opinion out there in the end, every time. Sooner > later!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I guess you should make sure the two of you are connecting. A person's relationship with food/wine shouldn't affect their relationships with people! But you don't want to seem insecure so be careful.

Well, that's why I am asking you guys about it here before I overreact to her face. I want to make sure I'm being reasonable, since I have a tendency to get super emotional and fly off the handle at everything. Sux being a woman sometimes :angry:

maybe she can cook and buy all the things and you can eat and enjoy them and then yall can dessert it up together.
  • arbogak52
    arbogak52 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I think you have to talk to her about how you feel. You should always be able to express yourself to the ones you love.
  • Colombianchick29
    Colombianchick29 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I think you should speak to her, sit down and be honest. My hubby also asked me jokingly " when you get to your goal weight, are you going to kick me to the curb?" But you know there had to be some truthful feelings in that question. Me feelingbetter about myself, will only help ALL of my relationships. I am not with my hubby bcus I cant get any action anywehre else. If I was unahppy with him, I would have kickied him to the curb even if I was 400 pounds!