Do you know your body fat percentage?

Options
Do you guys know your body fat percentages, are you happy with them?

I haven't had it done by a doctor, but I used a few different online calculators that used different measurements and I got about 23% body fat, I'd like to be a little lower, what are all your guy's and what is your goal if you're not happy?

Replies

• NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Mine is a little over 30%. I have a scale that calculates it all for me :)
    Goal is 25ish, I guess. I'm really just going over how my body looks and feels versus numbers.
  • Thesoundofwolf
    Thesoundofwolf Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Uhg, my eletronic scale likes to remind me of my body fat/muscle.
    Currently at a disgusting 45%.
    My goal is 26-28%, so we'll see from there!
  • atucker0821
    atucker0821 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    i just saw an online calculator that gave me my disgusting 50%...no wonder the kids love to lay on me...i must be so comfortable...

but it was a little extra encouragement!
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    Mine is at 19-20% based on some online calculators. My goal is 16-17% since I still look kinda soft at my current BF%.
  • plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    I dont know and really dont want to, im sure its about 90 % lol
  • IamNhappy
    IamNhappy Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    28% Goal of 21%- A wayyyyy to go!!
  • lawtechie
    lawtechie Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    41% and hell no not happy. Want to get down to 25% to start, and drop 40+ lbs.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    The last I measured in at was 25%. Which is apparently 'good' for my body-weight and height?

Is there somewhere that shows what ideal body weight is? I want to see if my goal is possible.
  • lawtechie
    Options
    Stone, you're actually ideal with 23%. Here's a chart.
    http://lowcarbbetterhealth.blogspot.com/2012/07/ideal-body-fat-for-men-and-women-by-age.html (first one i found by google, not promoting low carb)
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Mine is around 30% according to the machine I used at the gym, just some handheld thing that sends electric currents into you. My personal trainer said it's not that accurate, but it's a guide. It's within healthy range for my age anyway. I'd like it to be about 25%.
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    When I started my loss I was 37.6% O__o' so embarassing for me.
  • shanmackie
    shanmackie Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    My Aria hovers around 21% - 22% depending I guess on how much water is in my system. I want to be around 15% - 18%.
  • laurie62ann
    laurie62ann Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    No, but I would love too!!
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    43.9% and my current goal is to get to 27% (which it what it should be if I reach my goal weight with current LBM in tact, which won't happen lol) and then go from there.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    Last time checked 16.3% my goal is 14%,thats by the machine...I think ts actually really higher, but I will base it on the machine measurements just so I know I went down anyways. I was 19.1% end of November.
  • lawtechie
    Options
    Endless, if you google ideal body weight calculator you'll find numerous sources. Some have you calculate your frame size by using your wrist and/or elbow and with that you can see the charts for your height.
    The last I measured in at was 25%. Which is apparently 'good' for my body-weight and height?

Is there somewhere that shows what ideal body weight is? I want to see if my goal is possible.
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Between 15% and 17%...too high...
    And given my knowledge of measurements compared with definitive body fat analysis, I have this simple formula I used based on just one measurement: belly.
    I like keeping it simple but testing this against standard methods of determining body fat.
    The key is knowing and tracking. Mere weight loss is not the whole picture when it comes to optimal health.
  • fightininggirl
    fightininggirl Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    how do I calculate it on the online calculator and where do I go to find out online
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I'm currently in the neighborhood of 13-14%, bulking to about 16% and then I'll cut down to ~10 or so.
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I am between 25 and 30% based on calculators and using the picture method. I would like to be 25% or below.