Show me ur heavy lifting results please!

Options

Replies

• SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I am not sure what makes you think that isn't impressive. It is a fabulous amount of change!

Thanks! :flowerforyou: I guess i just feel that almost 2 years in, I should be a lot closer to my goal weight. I get a little frustrated about it. I definitely have to remind myself that I need to live this way for the rest of my life anyway and I'll get where I want to be eventually.
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I am not sure what makes you think that isn't impressive. It is a fabulous amount of change!

Thanks! :flowerforyou: I guess i just feel that almost 2 years in, I should be a lot closer to my goal weight. I get a little frustrated about it. I definitely have to remind myself that I need to live this way for the rest of my life anyway and I'll get where I want to be eventually.

I can totally understand not being where you want. But speaking as someone who is just now at the phase where I am trying to pick up my own body and put it down (ya know-pushups) and struggling even with most body weight exercises-let alone any real weights, you are an inspiration. (I should probably take some pics of myself to be honest, but the only thing about my body I don't find completely objectionable is my still puny little arm, lol)
  • crazy4lulu
    crazy4lulu Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    feel free to creep my profile pics... the proof is there... im 44 years old. im 5 ft 10 inches and i weigh close to 190... and a size 8 sometimes 10
  • SnazzyTraveller
    SnazzyTraveller Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Shameless bump... :)

I started in April 2012 and these are 30 day progression pics. I did make a switch from fat loss to building muscle a few months ago so I've lost a bit of my leanness. Ultimate goal is 155lbs @ 8%BF for summer.

8355923848_0353df0e0d.jpg
    8355923716_4d6a0a8d83.jpg
    8354861209_60ff7da2d2.jpg
    8355923974_155c5569e0.jpg
    8295599057_9ffa3945c5.jpg

The difference bw day 60 and day 90!!! wow great work!
  • bugaha1
    bugaha1 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • surferfreak07
    surferfreak07 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I love lifting! Bumping for when I have enough progress to show. Must beat this dam plateau first!!
  • Fat2Fit145
    Fat2Fit145 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    WOW.... amazing results on this thread!
  • veddar79
    veddar79 Posts: 205
    Options
    What does everyone use? I just started stronglifts (madcow version). Hoping for good results. Nice to be lifting again. But before I just did my own random workout.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    What does everyone use? I just started stronglifts (madcow version). Hoping for good results. Nice to be lifting again. But before I just did my own random workout.

I did a big elaborate isolation sort of routine when I first started with "weightloss" and "fitness"
    Then when I got my barbell & rack I did Starting Strength
    When I hit intermediate level, I moved to Wendler's 5/3/1, which is where I'm at now. No plans to change in the near future. Still making gains and working toward 500lb deadlift.
  • roro73
    roro73 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    bump for motivation...you all look AWESOME!
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    So many amazing pictures on this thread! My husband's been freaking about my decision to start lifting heavy things and putting them back down because he's worried I'll get too hard, but these have shown him that doesn't need to be the case.

I'm starting 5x5 on Monday but my gym has free-weights and a bench but no rack. Is that going to totally screw me?
  • woodsy0912
    Options
    Gotta bump this.
  • veddar79
    veddar79 Posts: 205
    Options
    5x5 you need a squat rack. Look up the madcow spreadsheet. Enter your starting weight and it does everything for you.
  • Yasmine91
    Yasmine91 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    BUMP! <3
  • Southernsass6885
    Southernsass6885 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Officially my favorite thread! I'm currently lifting heavy. But about to step it up a notch. Can't wait to put my before/after pics on a thread like this!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    So many amazing pictures on this thread! My husband's been freaking about my decision to start lifting heavy things and putting them back down because he's worried I'll get too hard, but these have shown him that doesn't need to be the case.

I'm starting 5x5 on Monday but my gym has free-weights and a bench but no rack. Is that going to totally screw me?

A rack is a must for stronglifts !!!
  • jennyjee18
    Options
    bump
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    31170282_1973.jpg
    9 weeks later-
    31170282_9190.jpg

Great results sir.
  • Amazigh926
    Amazigh926 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    What amazing results in only nine weeks! Congratulaions on all your hard work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!