Women over 40 looking for support

Options

Replies

• dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 50 and was able to lose the weight fairly easily. My problem is maintaining - it SUCKS! I'm on every day, so feel free to add me!
  • pcournede
    pcournede Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 45, looking to loose 20 lbs. down 1.4 in one week. Thanks for the support.
  • sabrakay1
    sabrakay1 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm 45 and I've been on here since November. My diary is open to my friends and I like to ramble from time to time. Anyone can add me if you want.
  • balesschroeder
    balesschroeder Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am over 40 and would love support. Have lost 8 pounds in my first week....I am eating healthfully for the first time in a long time. So much weight to lose but my daughter invited me to join my fitness pal and it is great. Such a great site to log my food.
  • nabonang
    Options
    Hi there,
    Just found out about this website through my GP on Friday-so for me only day number 2-but I love how everything is tracked for you and I am very much looking forward to getting the healthy life style back. I lost 83 lbs 5 years ago with weight watchers and counting the points was an obsession-needless to say 1 pregnancy and 5 years later I am starting again-just this time the right way!
    Would love to hear others like you-kind of helps to know that there are others on the same boat!Take care-til soon:happy: Nathalie
  • rafiki2013
    rafiki2013 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Welcome feel free to add me
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Christ follower
    Wife
    mom of 5 (21, 19, 14, 13,6 )
    runner
    and a fairly decent encourager!

:-)
  • LuckBeWithU
    LuckBeWithU Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hi, Michele,

Welcome aboard.
    I'm 47, lost 52 lbs. with less than 100 to go.
    I would love to help support you on your journey.
    I'm very active and committed to doing this.

Feel free to add me.

Julie:smile:
  • vguynes
    vguynes Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm 43, 5ft 3in, 129 pounds with 4 more pounds to go. So far, I've lost 26 pounds since joining MFP last January.
  • Riqtoe
    Riqtoe Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Add me in too! I am over 40 and looking to take off 10lbs. I lost 2lbs this week. I exercise everyday, but I really enjoy eating/snacking. I am an emotional eater (stress, boredom, kids,)
    Looking forward to supporting others and getting support back:)
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I AM 40 so I hope this doesn't disqualify me! lol I lost 70lbs over 20 years ago and have kept it off. Working out is such a way of life for me I can't imagine NOT exercising!

Feel free to add me if you want support! If I can do this, you ALL can!!
  • DesireeHermosillo
    DesireeHermosillo Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm here too and 47. This is day #3 for me. I'm on it with the smaller portions and calories, but could use motivation to get up, out and exercise. Looking for MF Pals :-)
  • Tennolina
    Tennolina Posts: 2,413
    Options
    42....working hard. Would love more friends!
  • TusTus
    TusTus Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I love this thread!!! I want to add you all as friends.

I am Lori, 43, and live in AZ. I am a total foodie with a really bad sweet tooth and enjoys good wine. I am in reasonably good shape but would love to lose about 10-15 pounds, lower my body fat, gain muscle, and tone up my lower body.

I hike and run and just finished my first week of P90x- with a few Brazil Butt Lift DVDs in the rotation too.

Let's be friends!

:heart: Lori
  • nbrogers
    nbrogers Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello. I am not quite, 40, I am 39. But I'm looking for support too. Thanks for your introduction. Good luck with your goals!
  • Mom2Jakob
    Options
    Michele

That is a great start. Day 1 for me. My work has a fitness incentive - if I can lose 20 lbs by Aug - get some extra $ in my check. So I have my motivation and looking for someone to help me keep an eye on the prize.
  • lcolpo
    lcolpo Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Yup - been down this road before as well. I'm 51 and looking to get healthy and happy again. I could definitely use any encouragement you all have!
  • bandedsandi
    bandedsandi Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Friends welcome! Turning 50 in a few days and have to lose 50...
  • sassified66
    sassified66 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Welcome all! Im 46 and have been on this life style change for almost a year near. Through my journey to better health I have bounced up and bounced down many of time trying to get it right.Determined not to give up it is my support pals that keep me here. This is truely the hardest journey of my life thus far. Any and all support is welcomed! Feel free to add me to your venture to fitness....I will get this.. one day at a time.... Best of luck to you all!
  • shumate42
    shumate42 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Michele my name is Debbie I joined Planet Fitness on a whim with my youngest daughter. We both went to workout together 3 times this week I went once with a friend from work. I have felt better this week than I have in probably a year. If you read my profile you can see why. I have lost 1.8 lbs I measured myself today its not pretty but I hope I stick to this and keep working towards my goal. I feel better emotionally more than anything. Oh by the way my daughter does not need to loose weight she looks good in anything. I have another daughter that does need to loose. I think I may have her convinced to loose with me. I am just really excited about all of this. I am finally focusing on me and not trying to find the perfect man that will solve all my problems. I hope I didn't come on to strong.
    Nice meeting you.