NSV! Let's Hear Yours!

Options
So, a couple of NSVs!

Today at work (I work in a clothing store) I tried on a size 16 pant! IT FIT AND LOOKED GREAT! I haven't been a size 16 pants in at least ten years! (I'm almost 26) That was amazing!

Not only that, after work I went to the gym. Today is weigh in day! I hopped up on the scale, and last week I had gained 3 lbs of holiday weight. I'm down 5 lbs! (ok, I guess that was a Scale Victory, but I'm super excited! That's the most weight lost in a single week!) I've been eating super well this week, and I feel great! Cauliflower, green beans, green peppers, grapes, and bananas are HUGE staples in my diet!

And my favorite NSV! The other day I was at my boyfriend's house while he was playing WOW and he was chatting with his buddies on Mumble about weight loss stuff, and I heard him say "Yeah, I don't know what Liz is doing, but she is looking HOT!" *sigh*

Let's hear yours!

Replies

• GetHotIn2014
    GetHotIn2014 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Nice! Go girl!

My NSV from today is that I wore a shirt that I usually wear, but before had to continuously tug down so my gut wouldn't hang out. No problems with that now. That's actually the case for a few other tops that I had that problem with for a while. Woohoo!

And another, I will be topping my personal best in calories burned in a day (which was 300 yesterday) today!
  • denisek80
    denisek80 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    What is an NSV??
  • cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Last night at my husband's company party, someone asked him where his wife was and I was standing right next to him. They didn't recognize me at all from last year.
  • randilious
    Options
    ran 7 miles Thursday, and 8.5 in the last two days..... my running is really improving
  • firemanfive0
    firemanfive0 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    NSV....Non scale victory
  • GetHotIn2014
    GetHotIn2014 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Last night at my husband's company party, someone asked him where his wife was and I was standing right next to him. They didn't recognize me at all from last year.

Nice! I bet that felt good!
  • Rodderick89
    Rodderick89 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    What is an NSV??

A "Non Scales Victory" :)
  • susanlung
    susanlung Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    non scale victory
  • LoriIone
    LoriIone Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    My mother in law told me she thought I looked good the other day, that she could tell I've lost some weight! That felt great!
  • keepersmom8
    Options
    Going from a BMI in the obese range at the start of April to the normal range.

Having people at work comment (almost daily) on how good I look.

Replacing my entire wardrobe.
  • pbl1966
    pbl1966 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Ran my first 15K race yesterday!!
  • kmchambers64
    kmchambers64 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Non Scale Victory?
  • Huzke
    Huzke Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Been rock'n medium size shirts the last few days, felt pretty good when I put one on and it fit perfectly.
  • fitnessgal1985
    fitnessgal1985 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Lately it has been that I fit in my size 14 jeans again. They're still tight but they fit. So my NEXT major nsv would be to fit in them and they get too loose! lol

My hips are down to a little less than 46 inches which is awesome and it shows!

You guys are doing great! Keep it up!
    I hope to be at least to a normal weight in the summer!
  • Knyvern
    Knyvern Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I wore a shirt yesterday that I haven't worn in awhile because it was too snug and now it fits perfectly. This week I also noticed that as I zipped up my jacket it is no longer tight across the belly.
  • Camille0502
    Camille0502 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I started pretty much busting out of a size 16. Yesterday I went shopping and fit into size 12 (petite). I thought I was size 14 but took one look at them and thought, "those are going to be too big." The 12s fit like a glove. I hated the way I looked in a size 16. Yesterday, I could actually look at myself in the mirror of the try-on room without feeling like throwing up!
  • Play_outside
    Play_outside Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Way to go everyone! :)
    Mine is that all my scrubs that were too tight when I returned to work after Christmas (I had been off for a few months with an injury), fit me great now! :) So glad I didn't buy new bigger scrubs (after I had given them all away!) since they wouldn't have lasted very long!
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    Options
    2 weeks ago when I started using static bikes I could only do it with the effort a 5/6 for 15 mins. Saturday I did 6/7 for 30 mins!
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: ...... that is awesome !
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Well, one of my NSV's would be smaller clothing sizes, of course ........ but I also have tons more energy & stamina now ........ I amaze myself !

Congats to everyone ....... and keep 'em coming :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!