ALL GUYS CHEAT!

Options

Replies

• Ph4lanx
    Ph4lanx Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Well I can only offer my own experience on the matter, as I'm no professional or psychologist on the matter.

I'm 31, and have had a total of 4 (count 'em!) relationships. The last three all ended amicably, and were down to differences that became apparent over time. None of them lasted less than a year, and none of them were due to cheating from either side.

I think the whole thing of "guys will cheat if given the chance" is a misnomer. It depends completely on the character of the person. I've seen just as many women cheat as guys who are friends of mine (or rather, were. I don't tend to want people like that around me).

Personally, I find the idea of cheating on someone to be disgusting. If you don't get on with them, why stay in the relationship? And if you DO get on with them and STILL feel the need to cheat, then you need your head checked, because you've got what any decent guy would want: A stable and happy relationship. Don't **** it up because you don't know what you want.

I'm in a relationship now, and honestly, I don't even look at other women the same way. Maybe my upbringing (traditional italian family-oriented) has something to do with it, but I get mad at people who cheat on others. There's no need, and almost always there is an underlying problem in the person DOING the cheating, not the person being cheated on.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    "All guys cheat" is something that guys who cheat say, just like people who say "everyone cheats on tests" or "everyone lies on their tax return".

It must be comforting to imagine that the rest of the world shares your ethics.

People who want more freedom in a relationship should discuss those expectations. It's weird that someone would say up front "hi I intend to be dishonest in my fidelity" and then try to diminish the outrage by saying "but everyone else is dishonest about their fidelity too!"
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    I've got to give the guy credit for admitting that he'll likely cheat. At least he knows his m.o. and is willing to admit it. Basically he's using the cliche as a means of telling you that he's not ready to settle down. However, it would have been better if he'd just said that he's not ready for a monogamous relationship right now.

No, all men do not cheat. There are some fantastic loyal guys out there. You just need to take your time, have fun and be open to what comes along.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    However, I do give him credit for not wanting to hurt me and letting me know about this

Meh, he's probably sounding you out to see if you'll stick around meaning you will tacitly accept cheating if it takes place. That way he can keep you in reserve and actively pursue other women as well. He's doing it for his own benefit not yours.

If we wanted to be honest he could have just said "I want to sleep with you and other women as well. You down?"
  • LondonEliza
    LondonEliza Posts: 456 Member
    Options

However, I do give him credit for not wanting to hurt me and letting me know about this

Oh bless your innocence. That is not why he told you. He told you because if the two of you get involved, he can smugly think 'well I did warn her' as he puts his arm around another women.

Now that you know what an unfaithful dog he is, any lack of objection on your part will be seen as permission to do whatever the he11 he likes with whoever.

Stay well away from any man like this before you start accepting their behavior as normal. There are plenty of good, strong, intelligent, bs-free men out there. Hold out for one of those.
  • shella_bella
    Options
    Aha well I gave him some advice that consisted of this:

A. Don't have a girlfriend. Like ever.
    B. Don't take girls out on dates.
    C. Don't make girls think they are special.

In between C & D texts he replies "But i like girls"

D. Just *kitten* random dirty wh*res that you find on pof. I hope that goes well for you! Okay and goodbye!

*dusts off hands* Mission accomplished
    NEXT PLEASE!
    :flowerforyou:
  • phil2093
    Options
    i think your wrong. i think a lot of girls just choose the wrong person
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    "All guys will cheat if given the chance"

This is what a guy who I was seeing just told me. Earlier this week he told me that he doesn't want to get too far into things because he doesn't want to hurt me because I am a "nice girl". He confessed that he usually ends up cheating or doing "something wrong" in a relationship.

Normally, I wouldn't be defending guys on this sort of thing because I have been cheated on multiple times and have gone through many "f**k you all, men" phases. But I think this is a bunch of bs. Only pathetic, *kitten* cheat on their girlfriends/fiances/wives.

I don't know. What do you guys/girls think? Is there such a thing as monogamy, loyalty, honesty, trust in a relationship anymore? Or has everything gone to *kitten*? I still think there are good people out there that are loyal and not every guy would cheat given the chance. Piss me off! GRRR.

Sorry for all the cursing...
    :)
    Okay, and I'm done.

Sounds like a cop out to me. And kind of insulting to men I have to say, like somehow they are just animals who can't control their impulses.

As for this particular guy, yeah he probably will. He's already decided that he "can't help it." If I were you I'd move on, quickly.
  • shella_bella
    Options
    i think your wrong. i think a lot of girls just choose the wrong person

I think you should read more than just the title...
  • pollyineedtobeskinny
    Options
    I'm not a man and I find this post insulting.

There are millions of men in this world, not only the ones you choose to date.

My man is amazing and i know for a fact he HATES cheating as he's been cheated on himself and i know he'd never cheat on me. If I was cheated on by someone, I would not accuse all men of being cheats..
  • shella_bella
    Options
    I'm not a man and I find this post insulting.

There are millions of men in this world, not only the ones you choose to date.

My man is amazing and i know for a fact he HATES cheating as he's been cheated on himself and i know he'd never cheat on me. If I was cheated on by someone, I would not accuse all men of being cheats..

Before getting insulted..read the post. Not just the title. :noway:
  • ambervaldez79
    ambervaldez79 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I thought you mentioned that you were seeing him, but then you said you hadn't even kissed the kid? Make up your mind! Not all people cheat, just dishonest ones. There is no need to give someone credit for admitting their dishonest ways up front. He was just letting you know that there is a good chance it will happen again and you aren't worth him trying to change his ways.

So, I really hope you aren't seeing that "kid." Cuz it certainly sounds like he is going to see other women while you are around!
  • BurtHuttz
    Options
    Aha well I gave him some advice that consisted of this:

Wait, what is the "pof"? Is it a place I can go find random dirty *kitten*?
  • ambervaldez79
    Options
    haha! Apparently so!
  • BurtHuttz
    Options
    OH - it's some place called "plenty of fish". Sweet! Thanks for the tip! Love them filthy hooers.
  • shella_bella
    Options
    I thought you mentioned that you were seeing him, but then you said you hadn't even kissed the kid? Make up your mind! Not all people cheat, just dishonest ones. There is no need to give someone credit for admitting their dishonest ways up front. He was just letting you know that there is a good chance it will happen again and you aren't worth him trying to change his ways.

So, I really hope you aren't seeing that "kid." Cuz it certainly sounds like he is going to see other women while you are around!

"Seeing" someone to me means dating them, and by dating them I don't mean being in an exclusive relationship, dating is just going on dates.

You see?

lol everyone uses different words for these things I find. :happy:
  • shella_bella
    Options
    OH - it's some place called "plenty of fish". Sweet! Thanks for the tip! Love them filthy hooers.

atta boy
  • ambervaldez79
    Options
    Ask the OP. She may have met her male friend on there. :p
  • titanium96
    titanium96 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Plenty of women cheat too....I mean, if a guy is going to cheat, its usually with a woman who is cheating too!! Its not always a male thing, its more about the person, male or female.
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    all guys that i've been with have been crazy about me. they didn't cheat-that i know of. and if i don't know it doesn't really matter. you have to be aware of what you're giving to your boyfriend-and it's your amazing self :) so if you're confident and challenging enough he won't cheat.