SKINNY VS CURVY

Options

Replies

• kam4jam
    Options
    We all are shaped differently based on the genes we have inherited from our parents. My goal is to be heathly with what my parents gave me..:smile:
  • wildchild06241
    wildchild06241 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I personally think someone else (God genetics etc.) determines ones ability to be either skinny or curvey. Skinny the way most people view it is the stick like waif type. Even when I was at my lowest weight of 103 I could not have that figure. My hips don't allow for that. And believe me I was not heavy. Nor was I fit. I will always be curvy because that is the figure I was meant to have. I try not to get to large so it isn't exagerated though. Those who are built to be straight gain weight and it all goes to their bellies. When I gain weight it all goes to my thighs and butt. I gained 20 pounds over the last couple of years and no one noticed but me. (Because I had to buy my pants 2 sizes larger to get over my butt!) I am taking the weight back off but even when I get to my goal I will be curvy.
  • prophetessmom
    prophetessmom Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    YES!!!
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    The only people I've ever encountered that refer to themselves as "curvy" are people who aren't comfortable with facing the reality that they're overweight.

How stupid. I'm overweight and still have a defined hour glass shape so I'm curvy. Eat it. ^_^

Curvy to me is this ) ( <
    big bust, defined waist, big hips. You can have this at 120 pounds and you can have it at 250. It depends on how you are shaped.

This is skinny to me. | | <
    No shape. Some people prefer it.

This is overweight and not curvy ( ) <
    just bloated and bulging everywhere.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    I am generally on the skinny curvy side--prior to gaining 10 pounds--and I am still not overweight but I have thighs and a toosh that won't quit.

My boobs used to be full Cs and then I lost too much weight (eating disorder)...this was at 4'11 and 104 pounds..yes 34C chest...and I had a flat stomach, booty, and boobs. I am less curvy up top but I never called myself an hour glass :)

So I don't agree with the view that..
    A skinny girl will never naturally be curvy unless she is overweight, and a curvy girl will never be skinny unless she drops to an unhealthy weight.

you can be both and I have been both...oh and I'll be both again ;)
  • HannahMarieMcDougald
    Options
    tumblr_lplhp9OEE91qgm07so1_500_zps2fc5f902.jpg

The last girl is curvy!
  • ChrisR0se
    ChrisR0se Posts: 1,855 Member
    Options
    The only people I've ever encountered that refer to themselves as "curvy" are people who aren't comfortable with facing the reality that they're overweight.

How stupid. I'm overweight and still have a defined hour glass shape so I'm curvy. Eat it. ^_^

Lol I love it!
  • AZDewd223
    Options
    Healthy...with curves... ;0)
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    I personally think someone else (God genetics etc.) determines ones ability to be either skinny or curvey. Skinny the way most people view it is the stick like waif type. Even when I was at my lowest weight of 103 I could not have that figure. My hips don't allow for that. And believe me I was not heavy. Nor was I fit. I will always be curvy because that is the figure I was meant to have. I try not to get to large so it isn't exagerated though. Those who are built to be straight gain weight and it all goes to their bellies. When I gain weight it all goes to my thighs and butt. I gained 20 pounds over the last couple of years and no one noticed but me. (Because I had to buy my pants 2 sizes larger to get over my butt!) I am taking the weight back off but even when I get to my goal I will be curvy.

Thank you. That's exactly my point about skinny people having to be overweight to be curvy. Not so. I am the same with the thighs/butt.
  • Yolanda4160
    Yolanda4160 Posts: 170 Member
    Options

REALLY?! My measurements are 36, 28, 36 ---- perfect hourglass figure which defines curvy?! Am I still losing weight-- of course! but what a close minded and stupid statement to make. Sounds like jealousy........:tongue:
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options

The last girl is curvy!

So is the middle. She has a decent sized rack and a waist that is much narrower than her hips.
  • pollyineedtobeskinny
    Options

& I PREFER, people not commenting on a forum that they are not interested in JUST to get their silly point across. If you want something more interesting, use google!!! P.S I don't see how it is attention seeking, seeing as I've not mentioned anything about my body in this whole forum. Ugh people :ohwell:

Your user name is ineedtobeSKINNY. You are looking for self affirmation. I suggest YOU look for it elsewhere.

I suggest YOU get off this forum if it hurts you so much. Far too sensitive. Buhbye :smile:
  • CADreaming09
    CADreaming09 Posts: 311 Member
    Options

This.

I don't agree; however, I do agree that overweight women do use the curvy label quite often (sometimes unjustifiably).

Maybe some women use the term more correctly than others, but most women don't, so now the term curvy is generally known for chubby or overweight. Just my opinion. But I personally hate when I hear overweight women say they would rather stay curvy than be skinny. When the person they are referring to as 'skinny' has curves too, she just doesn't have rolls everywhere, isn't unhealthy, and works out.
  • BethanyRTS
    Options
    skurvy ;-)
  • 1stday13
    1stday13 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Just appreciate what you have got cos, trust me, when you get to your 40s you will look back and think, I want the figure back I had in my 20s and didn't appreciate it at the time. Or is that just me :sad: :laugh:
    Naah, not just you. Me too :wink: I used to weigh 135 & thought I was fat :tongue: Oh to be that "fat" again :sad:
  • CADreaming09
    CADreaming09 Posts: 311 Member
    Options

The last girl is curvy!

So is the middle. She has a decent sized rack and a waist that is much narrower than her hips.

The middle is curvy, the last would probably be considered overweight by a BMI chart.
  • pollyineedtobeskinny
    Options
    FORGIVE A GIRL FOR NOT PUTTING HER WORDS RIGHT.
  • alska
    alska Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    i want to be curvy with a flat tummy ... i'm curvy ... i just need the flat tummy lol!!!
  • MzMiller1215
    MzMiller1215 Posts: 633 Member
    Options

This^^^

I'm going to have curves regardless but, I want to be fit with more muscle.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    From a male point of view, I definitely prefer curvy, and I don't know many, if any, men that prefer skinny over nice curves. I think Marylin Monroe, dress size 12 to 16 (depending on timeline) had the ultimate body!
    She was much smaller than that by today's clothing size standards.
    True. Today's 12 to 16 is an 8 to 12 back then. But even an 8 is considered fat now. So Marilyn was not skinny by today's standard. Even if you want to compare clothing size. Marilyn had some dangerous curves.

Ummm, Marilyn was a size 2 by today's clothing standards, folks. Her waist was 21 inches and her hips were 35.

Kind of ironic that she's held up as the icon of large, curvy women when she was curvy because she had an ungodly small waist. Look it up instead of just guessing.

Thank you. Someone show me a damn size 8 with a 21" waist. I'm a 6 and I have a 25" waist. Seriously. Stop dragging my girl Marilyn into the Skinny vs Curvy hot garbage. She was TINY. You can have tatas and still be tiny, folks. News flash.

From what I can tell she wouldn't fit any of today's standard size clothing without serious tailoring. At 35-22-35 she would be between a 4 and a 6, and have to have the clothes tailored by like 5" in the waist.
    http://clairehunter.com/dress-size-calculator.htm