SKINNY VS CURVY

Options

Replies

• Curvy, because these hips don’t lie, I like curvy because it’s the epitome of being a real women, feminity. If your too skin, your just straight up and down, to be skinny and curvy I like that.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    UGH
  • bspikes86
    bspikes86 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Pesonality and outlook on life, its nice to have the perfect body but much nicer to be nice :-)

Love this!
    i dont know why, but it is always surprises me to find people who think like that
  • stpetegirl
    Options
    I want to be a healthy, toned curvy, not a jiggly kind of curvy!!
  • dbkrantz
    dbkrantz Posts: 138
    Options
    I vote for curvy all the way.

I am lucky to have an hourglass shape but need to lose about 10 more pounds and tone up! Not looking to get skinny at all but keep the boobs and hips going! =)
  • fitbum19
    fitbum19 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    What do you prefer?

SKINNY or CURVY?

What body shape do you have / want? :-)

i prefer FIT!

i agree. I would say NEITHER skinny nor curvy.....but FIT!!!
  • TexanAngel79
    Options
    I am very curvy and I love it!! Working on toning up and being fit, but also keeping my curves!
  • cuterbee
    cuterbee Posts: 545
    Options
    Pesonality and outlook on life, its nice to have the perfect body but much nicer to be nice :-)

Love this!
    i dont know why, but it is always surprises me to find people who think like that

I like this too!
  • IvyWhispers
    IvyWhispers Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm built curvy and love it...once I've got rid of the excess body-fat I will still be curvy, just like I was when I was swimming :')

Feel very lucky :')
  • AprilEC
    AprilEC Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    The only people I've ever encountered that refer to themselves as "curvy" are people who aren't comfortable with facing the reality that they're overweight.

Probably one of the most ignorant things I have ever heard a "woman" say.
    Being curvy doesnt mean that a woman has self doubt or is insecure with the way they look, as it seems you implying. Curvy can be something different to every woman. Having a larger chest, having a "booty"...even a muscular one!, having hips are what I think to be curvy. I also belive that "curvy" is actually a lot healthier way of seeing yourself than stating you want to be "skinny". Saying you're curvy is a way of saying you ACCEPT yourself, even if you do have a little more than the self absorbed chick standing beside you, living off of crackers just to be "skinny".
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I simply wish to be lean, healthy, strong and happy within myself.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    The only people I've ever encountered that refer to themselves as "curvy" are people who aren't comfortable with facing the reality that they're overweight.

Being curvy doesnt mean that a woman has self doubt or is insecure with the way they look, as it seams you implying. Curvy can be something different to every woman. Having a larger chest, having a "booty"...even a muscular one!, having hips are what I think to be curvy. I also belive that "curvy" is actually a lot healthier way of seeing yourself than stating you want to be "skinny". Saying you're curvy is a way of saying you ACCEPT yourself, even if you do have a little more than the self absorbed chick standing beside you, living off of crackers just to be "skinny".

I wonder if you even realize just how judgmental you are?
  • stephldn
    Options
    i dont think its fair to say curvy 'is how a woman should be' when women come in different shapes and sizes. if a woman is straight up and down and thin is she not a woman?....

in response to this post:
    That's how a woman should be, not like some of the stick thin "role models" that are out there just now.
  • courtneyx10
    Options
    At 5'2 I am a curvy swurvy lil women and enjoy it! People say I'm perfect figure right now,but I just want to lose some tummy and a little bit of the thigh. I'm happy my mom gave me the curves I was born with. Thanks mom for sharing the wonderful curves with me that you have :) Wouldn't want it any other way.
  • AprilEC
    Options

Being curvy doesnt mean that a woman has self doubt or is insecure with the way they look, as it seams you implying. Curvy can be something different to every woman. Having a larger chest, having a "booty"...even a muscular one!, having hips are what I think to be curvy. I also belive that "curvy" is actually a lot healthier way of seeing yourself than stating you want to be "skinny". Saying you're curvy is a way of saying you ACCEPT yourself, even if you do have a little more than the self absorbed chick standing beside you, living off of crackers just to be "skinny".

If you think that was me "judging", you're not only completely off topic of this post and worried about something that you shouldn't, but you should also know that it was a clear statement of defending my opinon on someone implying that I am delusional about my body image. Take it or leave it, but it appears you are the one who is placing judgement.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options

If you think that was me "judging", you're not only completely off topic of this post and worried about something that you shouldn't, but you should also know that it was a clear statement of defending my opinon on someone implying that I am delusional about my body image. Take it or leave it, but it appears you are the one who is placing judgement.

Your the one saying things like "self absorbed chick .... living off crackers to be "skinny"". Yes, I am most definitely judging your character by that statement. A lot of people like to embrace this "curvy" movement about body acceptance and in the same exact breath shame others who have different body types and goals. Or do you think "curvy" is the only word that can have more than one meaning? Maybe other women want to be skinny and their definition of skinny is your definition of curvy?
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I don't know what curvy is anymore.

Don't know what I am. Different people have different ideas about that.
  • AprilEC
    Options

Your the one saying things like "self absorbed chick .... living off crackers to be "skinny"". Yes, I am most definitely judging your character by that statement. A lot of people like to embrace this "curvy" movement about body acceptance and in the same exact breath shame others who have different body types and goals. Or do you think "curvy" is the only word that can have more than one meaning? Maybe other women want to be skinny and their definition of skinny is your definition of curvy?

I already stated in my post that curvy means a lot of things to different woman. Don't be so angry. And don't waste your time judging the character of a complete stranger. You have your opinion, I have mine. What's the point in judging me? There isnt one.
  • AprilEC
    Options

And to assume I am that I am shaming other people's goals, is extremely rude, out of hand and false. Curvy is not a movement. It's simply a descriptive word. I wish you nothing but luck with your "body type and goals".
  • serapi
    serapi Posts: 197 Member
    Options

Being curvy doesnt mean that a woman has self doubt or is insecure with the way they look, as it seems you implying. Curvy can be something different to every woman. Having a larger chest, having a "booty"...even a muscular one!, having hips are what I think to be curvy. I also belive that "curvy" is actually a lot healthier way of seeing yourself than stating you want to be "skinny". Saying you're curvy is a way of saying you ACCEPT yourself, even if you do have a little more than the self absorbed chick standing beside you, living off of crackers just to be "skinny".

I guess I'm the self absorbed "skinny" girl eating crackers beside you. Just b/c I'm 18% body fat and slim doesn't mean I'm starving myself.

Ignorant!