NSV! Let's Hear Yours!

Options

Replies

• MrsSummerM
    Options
    Love this NSV idea so much, I'm creating a special MOTIVATION jar just to hold all of my NSV's throughout the year in one place. That way, anytime I need a pick-me-up, I can pull out my jar and read through the little notes. I hope it's overflowing by NYE! ;)

What a great idea! I love everyone's NSV, I posted one earlier but here is another:
    1. I purchased an embroidered blouse for work about 4 months ago, and it was non-returnable-I could not even close the buttons, this week I wore it to work and it was not even tight
    2. I wore a blazer that I brought two years ago, and was finally able to wear it without feeling like I was stuffed into a straight jacket.
    3. A little silly, but my hips no longer touch the sides of the chairs in the break room at work!

Nothing is silly. Anything that makes you feel proud and keeps you wanting to accomplish more should be shouted from the roof tops! Congrats and keep it up!
  • DarkAngel262
    DarkAngel262 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I ate 100% clean EVERYday this week (this is my first week)
    I worked out all six days I was suppose to

I feel muy fantastico!
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I don't think this really counts but I feel proud of myself: I worked out in front of DH yesterday. I've always been too embarrassed but I just don't care anymore. Yeah, I look ridiculous b/c I'm bouncing and jiggling, my form needs work and I can't always keep up. But now I'm more embarrassed to been seen sitting on the couch getting fatter and fatter than I am to be seen jiggling my way to being in shape.
  • ChangingAmanda
    ChangingAmanda Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    A girl at work commented to me just after Christmas on how baggy my jeans had gotten. When I got home I pulled out a pair 2 sizes smaller (don't have any 1 size smaller) and while I could pull them on, they were still too tight to button. Sunday I pulled them on again could button them. However, it'll be another couple weeks before I can wear them again in public as standing up their fine but sitting down they still cut a bit at the waist. I've never gone down a size, always up!

I signed up for a Tough Mudder in November and ordered a medium shirt. I'm no where near that size now but hope to be in 10 months.
  • lbesaw
    lbesaw Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    When I drive----my belly is a long way away from the steering wheel now as it should be, I can bend over to tie my shoes, my pants are falling off and I have changed underwear and bra sizes 4 times now!!! I feel amazing and my energy is endless.:smile:
  • stephenson2012
    stephenson2012 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    My NSV this weekend were going to the gym Sat morning and two people noticing how much weight I lost and saying how good I looked. Also I cleaned out my closet this weekend and a large portion of my wardrobe is way to big. I have been altering clothes and the new ones I bought in Oct now need to altered. I also had to go by bras which is expensive when you are a DD.
  • reneecgc
    reneecgc Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    My story was last week. Last year at this time I weighed in at 216lbs. I have always loved coaching my children's sport teams and have coached my daughter's soccer team for about 5 years. This year I am coaching my sons 5th-6th grade basketball team. I am the assistant coach. The head coach said something to the boys regarding putting the ball up using some strengthand maybe some days you will have guns like your coaches. Well just joking around I flexed my arms into a typical body building pose. One of the 6th grade boys said " Hey Coach are you a body builder"..... I said no but what a compliment. I am 155 lbs and a size 8. What a diffence a year makes.
  • lilmzritz
    lilmzritz Posts: 176
    Options
    Went hiking yesterday and my highest elevation yet - 1,800 feet!!! I thought I was going to die climbing the steep terrains but I did it -- I really did! I got to the summit and it was the BEST FEELING EVER! Really felt that I was on top of the world. Best NSV so far! :bigsmile:
  • elizabethbreed
    elizabethbreed Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I LOVE all of the NSVs! So glad I started this thread!

My NSV for my 26th birthday... MY SKINNY JEANS FIT! And are actually a little loose!

It's really the little things:)
  • mirandaallyn
    mirandaallyn Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I met up with some friends a few nights ago and the one said "you get smaller every time I see you--we should throw you a 'going away' party" made me laugh and smile! :)

congrats everyone!
  • RadioactivePirate
    Options
    My small friend asked to borrow clothes for a work interview. Because we're the same size now!
  • alusainc
    alusainc Posts: 26 Member
    Options

i had almost the same thing happen to me last year, at my husband's xmas company party. THis one woman, who I've known through the years, our daughters did sports together, was very obviously ignoring me alllllllllll night. Later in the night, she asked my husband to take a picture with her, and finally recognized me. She thought my hubby was there with another woman, and was pissed off at "her". lol

That is so awesome! Congratulations. Now all you have to worry about are the women protecting your interests from your husband's 'other' woman! LOL
  • fataalic
    fataalic Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    My NSV today is that I finally weaned myself off of weighing every day, lol.

I have not weighed myself in about 2 weeks, I think, and am not going to for a couple more weeks. ;))
  • bowser625
    bowser625 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I put on the bathing suit I wore this summer to the beach...and it looks a million times better and isn't tight! Definitely a NSV for me! :)
  • cupcakesnomore
    Options
    One of my best NSVs was sitting in a movie theater chair and my @ss actually fitting and not A) spilling over the sides and B) touching the sides. My NSV for the week....pulling up my size 14s that were too tight at the beginning of the month and having them button and no spillage over the top. ;)
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    NSV = Non Scale Victory... = Those things that really matter. Clothing that fits now that used to would not, how others perceive you, etc, abllity to lift weights that you could not before.., cholesterol in check, off blood pressure meds, etc.. These are the real things that we want to achieve. Sometimes, the scale does not move but we actually measure smaller. This is common when lifting weights. Scale victories (scale moving down) is encouraging but it is only one piece of the puzzle.
  • WIChelle
    WIChelle Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I have a tri-level home. I noticed the other day I can run up all 3 flights without getting tired or feeling the muscles ache. A few months back when we moved in my y behind and leg muscles ached with all the stairs.
  • MenaMena
    MenaMena Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I met up with some friends a few nights ago and the one said "you get smaller every time I see you--we should throw you a 'going away' party" made me laugh and smile! :)

congrats everyone!

Love this!!!
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • JLN1974
    JLN1974 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Fo the first time in a couple of years my willpower has not deserted me. I have not slipped in the past 3 weeks and have gone for a walk every day, come rain, shine or (currently) sleet and snow. I am starting to fit into my clothes better already and feel better in myself. Roll on the summer when I will have hit my target weight :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!