Opinions on just wearing a sports bra to the gym?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    If you sit down at a machine, how will your stomach look?
    Flat or rolly?
    Do you care?
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    If that thing in the picture with a woman skipping is a sports bra - go for it.

You see people wearing far less on the beach or swimming or walking about on a sunny day. I wouldn't even say it is showing off particularly, whereas wearing an 80s thong leotard might be. :bigsmile:

I always wore a vest/singlet/whatever you wanna call it at the gym, even when I was 17st cos I work outdoors in the cold and the gym is just too damn hot - I wanted to wear a big t-shirt, but I knew I wouldn't exercise half as hard if I did.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Go for it! They cover everything it's not like they are see through.

VSecret1_GQ_20Mar12_pr_320.jpg
  • Loftearmen
    Options
    It would probably be more appropriate for you to just put some tape over your nips
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Good thing most of you don't live in Florida because this is the norm.

shorti16.gif
  • monkey_lamb
    monkey_lamb Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you. I start my run in a running tank, but halfway into it I am just dying to get rid of that thing. You know what I do? I just take it off. I don't do any of my other workouts at the gym in just a sports bra but I just have to when I run. I say go for it.
  • maddogg82
    maddogg82 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    If it doesn't break the rules of your gym (so you're not banned) do whatever makes you comfortable. However, doing this, and then complaining about the guys looking at you should get you slapped. =]

Whoa now. I think violence against women is certainly NOT the answer, but I understand your sentiment. Girls can't just wear provocative clothing and then complain that they're getting checked out. I'd sure as hell be checking out shirtless guys at the gym, haha.

I agree.. it doesnt bother me.. just dont complain about the looks.. and YES i would so look at shirtless HAWT guys.. hello!
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    I did it all the time when I was going to the gym and if I was to start going to the gym, I'd do it again. I would rather that than pass out from being over heated. This was the norm at the gyms I frequented in Hawaii, California and yes, even in Northern Virginia (there were some women who always wore t-shirts). Maybe her in North Carolina they'd faint, but I wouldn't care...I would still do it. :smile: But that's just me.
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I personally would not. Unless I MAYBE had a killer body with amazing abs. Then I still probably wouldn't though. Modesty is my thinking.
    I've occasionally seen girls that do not have killer bodies that do this. And people at the gym laugh and rip them apart. So once again, I personally wouldn't.

I should mention that I live in Iowa and that people rarely do that around here or at any gyms I have ever been to. So I am sure people who live somewhere else will have a different point of view
  • jenniferrusso7393
    jenniferrusso7393 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Don't know how to quote, but ha ha to the jumping jacks! Too funny!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I'm going to say a little prayer tonight that guys that go to my gym are allowed to go shirtless even though I don't usually pray. There is nothing wrong with a little skin for goodness sakes people!
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Do whatever the hell you want and screw what others think. In my gym, it's not allowed but its always comfortable there. However when I'm running outside and it's 90+ freaking degrees, I'm doing what's best for my body and comfort level and yes you can still overheat in a wicking tank. Don't like it, don't look. Sorry if you lack the confidence, not my issue.
  • FlapMama
    Options
    Does not bother me. Sports bra is considered to be a fitness outfit. Do you think that if I came all the way to the gym with my sports bra but forgot a shirt, I would turn around and leave??? No way.
  • rachaelfisher1
    Options
    Personally, I think it's unnecessary and embarrassing.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I've worn just a sports bra and shorts when running outside in summer... otherwise I get too hot.

In the gym though.. not so much. I've seen girls do it, and admire their confidence but I would never do it.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    I find whenever I wear just a sports bra to the gym, other members seem uncomfortable when I get on the spin bike.
  • passmetheducksauce
    passmetheducksauce Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    if you have the body for it, yes you could and is encouraged to wear a sports bra. if you don't have the body for it, don;t.
  • zoey1317
    Options
    I think it's totally fine as long as it has good support and coverage.
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Not picking on anyone in particular here but the "if you have the body for it" comments are really starting to grind my gears. Whether someone has "the body" for anything is irrelevant, unless we are talking about catwalk modelling or fitness modelling - something of that ilk. I, personally, find chest hair unattractive - but I'm not going to say someone of a hirsute persuasion should not sunbathe or swim in my pool. A gym is a GYM - not a fashion parade. If someone, regardless of size, feels better working out with their vest off then all props to them.

YOUR PERSONAL likes and dislikes about OTHER PEOPLES bodies should not stop them working out as they feel comfortable - within the limits of public decency laws of course. ;-)