DAIRY MAKES YOU FAT!?! OPINIONS??

Options

Replies

• DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    You're seriously thinking about taking diet advice from the girl that routinely spews nothing but verbal diarrhea?

For srs?
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    She's an idiot!

If she isn't drinking or eating any dairy, I sure hope she isn't breast-feeding that kid. He might be malnourished!
    (Was it a boy or girl? I have no idea.)

dairy is not an essential food group, and women can successfully produce enough milk for their babies without consuming dairy products. If not then how did the human race survive before the domestication of milk producing animals?

that said, nothing wrong with eating dairy if you can digest it and it's good for breastfeeding mothers, but it's not essential.

Fine. It's not essential. But it is beneficial to milk production, and as someone who struggled with it, breast-feeding mothers can use all the help they can get.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    Dairy is for baby mammals, if you're not a baby mammal and you drink it, you will get fat

this.

I am a mammory expert and I can confirm this is true
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    My fork and bottle opener made me phat.
  • tiffany5839
    tiffany5839 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    LOL! Yea I'm not worried about it too much. I don't even think I could give up dairyor would even be willing to anyway! You hear all this bad *kitten* about carbs but I've never heard anything about dairy "messing up a person's hormones and making them fat" before. So I just had to ask for opinions about it....
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    ALL the osteoperosis and brittle teeth!!

There are other sources of calcium than dairy.
  • dhakiyya
    dhakiyya Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    She's an idiot!

If she isn't drinking or eating any dairy, I sure hope she isn't breast-feeding that kid. He might be malnourished!
    (Was it a boy or girl? I have no idea.)

dairy is not an essential food group, and women can successfully produce enough milk for their babies without consuming dairy products. If not then how did the human race survive before the domestication of milk producing animals?

that said, nothing wrong with eating dairy if you can digest it and it's good for breastfeeding mothers, but it's not essential.

Fine. It's not essential. But it is beneficial to milk production, and as someone who struggled with it, breast-feeding mothers can use all the help they can get.

I agree :) I breastfed both of mine, and ate lots of all kinds of food including dairy :)
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Some dairies give their cows RBST (not many). It could have an impact on your hormones, but milk is usually locally distributed. Ask the store which dairy they get their milk from and research them.

Coincidentally, about the stomach and hips problem. Lifting will help with that.

Trust me I do lift! Lunges, squats, free weights, running, you name it...

Then, you just need to be patient. Recomposition takes time.
  • tiffany5839
    tiffany5839 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    If Megan Fox says it, it has to be true! Goodbye dairy!

Muwahahahhaa. My thoughts exactly. She's so smart.

Yea I know she's definately not smart LOL but she does have a nice body and supposedly her trainer has her on this diet....
  • nicolamoonbrains
    nicolamoonbrains Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I don't consume any dairy... the odd splash in a cup of tea maybe twice a week and thats it. I hate cheese and I hate milk on cereal I always use rice or oat milk! The fact I don't consume any dairy has never helped me loose weight though. I always have a bloated belly pouch so something else must be responsible.

I wouldn't personally believe that dairy is bad for weight loss. I just don't have it because I don't like it but perhaps if I had more I would loose more weight! Who knows! Its all about balance. A little dairy is not going to hurt weight loss but eating it as part of every meal might!
  • Codefox
    Codefox Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    All food makes you fat. Should probably stop eating anything.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    What????

Overeating anything will pack on the pounds...

dairy by itself will not make you fat..eating a ton of it will!

Cutting something completely out of your diet never works in the long run.. unless you plan to never eat it again ever.
    Those superstars have people that prepare thier food for them, they are fed a specific diet, they dont' think or worry about what theya re eating. They ahve people that take the junk food out of their hands as they are trying to bite it..

Seriously.. be realistic..
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Actually it's healthier to eat full fat dairy instead of reduced-fat.
  • AliceAsya
    AliceAsya Posts: 21 Member
    Options

Um, no. You don't need to consume dairy to make dairy. Some babies can't tolerate cow's milk protein in breast milk and the mom has to cut it out of her diet. Doesn't mean the baby is malnourished, as long as milk production is fine. Also, they recommend Vitamin D drops for EBF babies.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Might I suggest human breast milk.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    I love milk..

It's just another stupid " celebrity" hocus pocus drivel.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Megan Fox is now a fitness expert?
  • sublimechik28
    sublimechik28 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Watch Forks Over Knives it gives alot of good info on dairy consumption and how is can effect your health. i ate dairy every day and lost weight but i watched this documentory and im cutting it out now for the health aspect. soy yogurt and almond milk here i come!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Why are you soliciting opinions? Just find the facts.