DAIRY MAKES YOU FAT!?! OPINIONS??

Options

Replies

• LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Man is the only species on the planet that feels it is necessary to go against his own nature. Why is that?
    We aren't going against it. We are going with our own real nature instead of what you thought was our nature.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    also are we the only animals to drink another animals milk?

And also the only animals that wear pants!

And cultivate food. And cook food. And construct shelters. And you know... opposable thumbs!
    I'm pretty sure apes and monkeys have opposable thumbs, too. :-) And they have them on their hands AND feet!
  • RambyPandy
    RambyPandy Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    She's an idiot!

If she isn't drinking or eating any dairy, I sure hope she isn't breast-feeding that kid. He might be malnourished!
    (Was it a boy or girl? I have no idea.)

Agree with the first statement!

And when I breastfed, I didn't have dairy as it gave my baby gas.
  • BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Man is the only species on the planet that feels it is necessary to go against his own nature. Why is that?
    Man is the only animal capable of determining its own "nature".
  • raichhype
    raichhype Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I see there are some Vegans on here. Please don't start a war over what people eat or don't eat. <3
  • nicolamoonbrains
    nicolamoonbrains Posts: 72 Member
    Options
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    All food makes you fat. Should probably stop eating anything.

Haha! This!

Celebs do all sorts of diets, so I don't see why Megan Fox stopping eating dairy would make you want to follow that instead of any other weird celeb diet. If you cut out carbs you will lose weight, à la Atkins. Same for any food group.

There's nothing wrong with a bit of dairy. Just have a slice of cheese instead of the entire block.

I've lost around 60lbs and continued to have dairy, I'm just careful with how much I have.

I'd say Megan Fox's body is more to do with having a personal trainer work out with her every day. That's probably made easier by the fact she hired a night nurse to do the wake-ups for her baby. Personally I'd rather spend extra time with my baby and have the weight loss take a little bit longer! I was working out when both my babies turned 7 weeks, but I definitely didn't have someone getting up in the night for them!
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    why are humans designed to drink milk from a cow?
    Humans are not designed.

baCsp.jpg
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    She meant arguing with ourselves over whether or not we should drink milk, unlike every other animal on the planet that drinks milk without arguing with itself first.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    THIS TOPIC HAS GROWN DIVISIVE!
    DELETE! DELETE! DELETE!!
  • JennMarieFitz
    JennMarieFitz Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I don't believe that we should all quit dairy products because Megan Fox said something about it, but I have been on the fence about quitting dairy for a while.

Personally, I have cut back quite a bit on cheese and milk as it is, simply because of the calories in them. I went through about a half a gallon a day. Between my husband and I, that was a gallon. AND we're small people. We had no bad side effects - but we also only drink organic milk.

I cut back on the cheese because I simply feel better without it. If we have pizza or something else that's loaded with cheese, I find myself feeling weighed down and bloated the next day. I also have bathroom issues, which I'm assuming anybody does when consuming an inordinate amount of cheese. Using less cheese in the things I cook also cuts back on a lot of calories during the day.

I went from drinking 2% to 1% milk for calorie reduction. Unfortunately, I can't stand slim milk, or I'd get that instead. I'm now switching to water when this gallon runs out.

Oh, and it will sure help out my wallet to cut back on the milk. Where I live, it's more than 8 bucks a gallon. =(
  • gleechick609
    Options
    I saw the actress Megan Fox on tv (known to have an awesome body) shortly after she had a baby and she claims she got her figure back because she cuts out ALL dairy from her diet.

I'm pretty sure she got her body back because she hired a personal chef and a personal trainer :laugh:
  • nicolamoonbrains
    Options
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Overeating makes you fat.

^This!

Everything in moderation. If you like dairy, have dairy. Milk really grosses me out b/c it's basically breast milk for baby cows. I didn't start thinking about it that way until I was pregnant and went to a breastfeeding class. Since then I've tried to reduce or cut out dairy entirely but it's tough. I still use butter and sour cream sparingly, and cheese in moderation. All of the dairy substitutes seem to be yucky processed junk, which grosses me out more than cow's breast milk.
  • nicolamoonbrains
    Options
    tumblr_meqvceVtsb1rak18ko1_400.gif
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    She meant arguing with ourselves over whether or not we should drink milk, unlike every other animal on the planet that drinks milk without arguing with itself first.

Other animals stop consuming milk after the first couple years of life. We're the only ones who switch from breast milk (or formula) to milk and drink it throughout our lives.

Really? I guess I'm going to have to tell my dog and cats that they're doing it wrong according to you.
  • noelr56
    noelr56 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    If Megan Fox says it, it has to be true! Goodbye dairy!

Best response!
  • mooglysmom
    mooglysmom Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    She's an idiot!

If she isn't drinking or eating any dairy, I sure hope she isn't breast-feeding that kid. He might be malnourished!
    (Was it a boy or girl? I have no idea.)

No idea that she even had a kid - BUT, no the kid won't be malnourished. However, if she isn't getting enough calcium/vit D from another source (loads of green veggies have calcium as well - Dairy is NOT the only way to get it), then her body will leach it from her bones to give the baby adequate calcium. Breast milk is nearly always perfect for babies.

My oldest is deathly allergic to all dairy, and he does just fine (of course, I have to give him supplements because he also has Autism and is beyond picky). I breastfed him for nearly 2 years, and was pregnant for part of that, and taking plenty of calcium supplement, getting outside for vitamin D, and both my kids are just fine, not malnourished. Dairy is just an easy out to get calcium and the vitamin D that they ADD to it.
  • BogQueen1
    BogQueen1 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I get a little tired of all this 'don't eat this it makes you fat, don't eat that it makes you fat' 'our ancestors didn't eat this or that or the other and look at them'.

Ok. Lets look at them. Lets look at cavemen. Food was hard to come by, they foraged for everything. They hunted for their meat. They also frequently died of starvation. Their 'health' and 'thinness' wasn't some laudable thing, they didn't spend hours a day perfecting their physique, it was a result of scarcity and necessity. Do you want to live like that? Where malnourishment and starvation are no further then a twisted ankle away?

Lets move up a little bit. Greek times, Roman times, Ancient Egypt, Renaissance, Dark Ages. Pick a period. What do we see. Mostly agrarian societies. People spent a lot of time growing their own food, and they busted their tails to do so. They ate what they could get their hands on because yet again, starvation, malnourishment and death was just a bad season away, and if you didn't stock up enough to get through winter, well, say good bye to one of your children, or expect to come into the spring looking pretty damn scrawny. Pretty sure they didn't debate if dairy was healthy for them, or if carbs were good for them or not. They ate what they could get their hands on. Again, slimness through hard work and deprivation, poverty and necessity. Do you want to live like this?

Modern times. Poverty is still rampant. Many people still starve to death, because not only are they poor, all the land is now 'owned' by people richer then they are, so they can't even eke out a meager existence by growing their own food. Do you think the starving children in Africa would care if milk made them fat? Heck no! They'd be so happy they weren't starving to death they'd probably puke. Do you think they debate whether carbs are healthy, or meat is good or bad or ugly? No. They are starving.

So welcome to your first world problems, and thank your lucky stars you have the resources available to you to have these kinds of discussions and problems. I will say this. I do not believe that any natural food item is bad for you. Rice, beans, meat, vegetables, milk and dairy, nuts, fruits, grains. Eat them. Enjoy them. Work hard and move as much as you can. Use your freaking heads for once.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Overeating makes you fat.

^^This right here