• infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    *yawn*

I don't even lift.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I'm amused because usually it's dudes who get into this ****, and then someone chimes in making fun of the testosterone-fueled battle. Or maybe "she" is really a bored fat guy who got tired trolling bb.com and needed a change of scenery.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    if she really was a lifter, she'd have more pics than just her face.

she'd have something up there she was proud of
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I'm amused because usually it's dudes who get into this ****, and then someone chimes in making fun of the testosterone-fueled battle. Or maybe "she" is really a bored fat guy who got tired trolling bb.com and needed a change of scenery.

^ my vote, and im out.

my day has been way to effing awesome for this sht
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options

He. I'm going with he at this point.

Yeah, I know it's sexist to assume....
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    Aren't you guys bored of her/his nonsense yet?

haha I didnt see Tasos comment...oops
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options

She is just bored, and we have entertained her for a few minutes, time to move on.
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    We're all here for the same reason.

Boobie Friday?
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Really? Excuse you and your ignorance. 90 degrees increases torque and increases the chance for injury.

I'm sure you use that same excuse for your squats.
    http://articles.elitefts.com/training-articles/dips-done-right/
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I called it! ...on a friend's wall that we were being expertly trolled.

Well-played. Well. Played.

(Although admittedly, using the direct insults every single time for the last 4-5 posts was a little over the top. I probably would have went with a backhanded compliment followed by some kind of thinly-veiled blanket insult, but we all have our own style. You went with what works best for you, though, and I can't criticize anyone for going with what they know.)
  • cbrrabbit25
    cbrrabbit25 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    lol, thanks for the laughs. this thread is funny.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options

This
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    But my actual true main point was that you're all idiots. You don't know her experience or abilities. So to say she needs to be doing what you are pushing off onto her, you are clueless, and it is clear why you are not a personal trainer. You aren't taking her physical ability into consideration. For example... is she doing upper body exercise because she has a lower body injury? And you all are pushing that on her? Is she doing arm work because she has a disc tear? And you want her to do deadlifts, squats, and overhead press?

Not just that you guys all ambushed her and told her what to do, you disregarded what SHE wants to do. You're all idiots.

So why come here at all then? You didn't even read all the responses before you replied. Not all of us were"pushing" her to do anything. I personally said "you *might* benefit". She's new poster with no pictures, and empty profile, and she didn't leave much information. Yes, we assumed she was a beginner. However you assumed we were all clueless idiots, which is worse?

I did, they were all negating what she specifically asked for.

Obviously not. There are 3 or 4 posts listing specific weights that she asked for.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Dips. Learn them.

Oh wait, you can't, because you're stuck in the mindset of a narrowminded loser.

In a few years, you are going to look back at your life, remember this thread and feel incredibly embarrassed.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    Methinks Sleepyhouse22 is a big girl now and is able to squat with 5 lb plates on her (women's 35 lb) barbell. She looks super-duper cute doing it in her cute workout outfit with color-coordinated sneakers.

Haha. And when she broke a sweat with that, she goes on the interwebs and smack talks other women to try to address her obvious insecurity.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options

Sorry, I'm not that annoying ***** who takes pictures of herself at the gym to try and feel accomplish. I write down my gains on pen and paper, not on my Facebook.

You need to go back to FB and get off MFP.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options

Sorry, I'm not that annoying ***** who takes pictures of herself at the gym to try and feel accomplish. I write down my gains on pen and paper, not on my Facebook.

Wow, you're a real sweetheart aren't you.
  • FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Let's all just take a moment and think about

IMG_0570_zpse644bd67.jpg
  • Faintgreeneyes
    Faintgreeneyes Posts: 730 Member
    Options

When one protests too much, there's usually a reason.... also looks like someone needs a hug!

Learn how to respond like an adult, as opposed to a pre-pubescent adolescent who has no vocabulary other than the word *kitten*!
  • TransformCrystalC
    Options
    How heavy do you go for Biceps, triceps, shoulders and back?

As much as you can, maintaining good form for as long as you can . . . usually 10-12 reps.
This discussion has been closed.