is getting implants worth it?

Options

Replies

• xXxHBICxXx
    xXxHBICxXx Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    From what I can see I think your body is very pretty, but I understand wanting implants I too am a little ugh about my bra size and since losing weight they seem to be shrinking (which is totally not fair) do whatever makes YOU happy, just do research and make sure its really for you.
  • TheConsciousFoody
    TheConsciousFoody Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    at the end of the day is entirley your decision.

Its how YOU feel about YOUR body.. it should have nothing to do with "being attactive to the opposite sex", but how the implants will enhance YOU and YOUR self esteem and confidence. ultimately making you the best person you can be :)

Some people hear the word "implants" and assume you are going to get tits like dolly parton or pamela anderson, if you get them at a natural size to compliment YOUR body they look great.

If you are doing it for all the RIGHT reasons, i say GO FOR IT.

still not sure how it could possibly have nothing to do with being attractive to the opposite sex or to be attractive to someone. what other reason would people even do it?

Oh sweetie...I have a gorgeous face and a sweet *kitten*, I didn't get implants to attract the opposite sex because I had qualities that made that possible already. I got them because I wanted to feel more comfortable in my skin and because I'm an adult and I can. I hated how they looked after two kids so I got them done.

i still think you did it somewhat for other people.

well then you're both ignorant and judgmental.
  • TheConsciousFoody
    Options
    You can really feel the difference between a real boob and a fake boob. I was at a strip club last week for a birthday, and we asked one of the strippers if her boobs were real. She laughed, and said no. She grabbed my hand and had me feel one if her boobs & I could feel the implant! It felt like a ball or mass rolling around in there :/ It also looked kinda crazy when she laid down on the stage... Her boobs didn't move, they stuck up like big round tents.

Not true for ALL implants. Girls with previous boobs who go under the muscle usually have natural feeling boobs.
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options

Its how YOU feel about YOUR body.. it should have nothing to do with "being attactive to the opposite sex", but how the implants will enhance YOU and YOUR self esteem and confidence. ultimately making you the best person you can be :)

Some people hear the word "implants" and assume you are going to get tits like dolly parton or pamela anderson, if you get them at a natural size to compliment YOUR body they look great.

still not sure how it could possibly have nothing to do with being attractive to the opposite sex or to be attractive to someone. what other reason would people even do it?

Oh sweetie...I have a gorgeous face and a sweet *kitten*, I didn't get implants to attract the opposite sex because I had qualities that made that possible already. I got them because I wanted to feel more comfortable in my skin and because I'm an adult and I can. I hated how they looked after two kids so I got them done.

judgmental yes. ignorant no. if it wasn't for society valuing large perky breasts nobody would get them. it's to impress other people. people can say it's just for themselves all they want, but if they were the only person on earth and didn't know that these big blobs of fat on a womans chest is considered attractive, they wouldn't think to want them.
  • tutti777
    Options
    Like others, I think you should do what you feel is right for you. As for me, I'm 60 years of age and mine sure don't look like they used to but....I'm happy with what God gave me and glad they are healthy! Best of luck to you.
  • iorahkwano
    iorahkwano Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    You can really feel the difference between a real boob and a fake boob. I was at a strip club last week for a birthday, and we asked one of the strippers if her boobs were real. She laughed, and said no. She grabbed my hand and had me feel one if her boobs & I could feel the implant! It felt like a ball or mass rolling around in there :/ It also looked kinda crazy when she laid down on the stage... Her boobs didn't move, they stuck up like big round tents.

Not true for ALL implants. Girls with previous boobs who go under the muscle usually have natural feeling boobs.

She said she had boobs before she got it done. Maybe breast implants are different based on how your surgeon places them, but the pack of guys I was with say they can feel the difference between real/fake boobs. And see the difference because they don't move like normal boobs & are usually too high up. You probably couldn't feel it if you felt the front part but she had me feel the area where her boob connects near her arm pit area and I felt it.

Just my personal experience & the feedback of the guys I was with that night though. I can't say I've felt other fake boobs lol
  • DTorres2282
    Options
    Not worth it, any guy who says to gain weight back is dumb, Shoot you have done a great job at losing weight and becoming healthy, and you are a good looking individual, So just do you..
  • LetsMakeupXtina
    LetsMakeupXtina Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Calisunrise- i think you are INSANELY GORGEOUS! with that said, if you feel its something you want to do for yourself, then I say do it! As long as its for you and not for anyone else. I fully intend on getting breast implants and set money aside from each check for them. I have no problem with plastic surgery if its for the right reasons.
  • BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I'd take small and natural over anything fake any day. I realize medicine and plastic surgery are both light years from where they were in the 70's but I still wonder about those women that died from their implants tearing. After their systems were exposed their white bllod cell counts were affected so drastically that they would deplete. Then they would become susceptiple to a host of illness's. Today is different yes, but it's still an invasive surgery..
  • calisunrise
    Options
    wow i didn't expect such a big discussion :O thank you for your support!
    personally, i've been insecure about my chest since my early teens. i don't think they would grow any more because i was an early bloomer and i don't want kids. the prices of surgeries seem super high to be honest ugh and i don't like the idea of changing my implants every 5 or 10 years. do you think there are any hormones i can take so they grow bigger? not super big, just a fair bit bigger, like after a pregnancy.
    also, i love padded bras, but then, they create some illusion of bigger breasts and if i got intimate with someone, i'm afraid that they would find my chest not arousing at all and a complete turn off.
  • _Peacebone_
    _Peacebone_ Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    the prices of surgeries seem super high to be honest ugh and i don't like the idea of changing my implants every 5 or 10 years.
    For me, they were totally worth every penny. Also, most breast implants do not need to be changed ever. That is a myth.
  • Heather_Golden
    Heather_Golden Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'3" and have a D cup.. I think that's proportional for my body. I've already seen a decrease in size with only 5 months of some serious training though and I plan on being a whole lot more active so I understand your feelings. I say whatever makes YOU happy.
  • TheConsciousFoody
    Options
    the prices of surgeries seem super high to be honest ugh and i don't like the idea of changing my implants every 5 or 10 years.
    For me, they were totally worth every penny. Also, most breast implants do not need to be changed ever. That is a myth.

This
  • curvykim78
    curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    YES! Totally worth the money, trust me! :)
  • TheConsciousFoody
    Options

She said she had boobs before she got it done. Maybe breast implants are different based on how your surgeon places them, but the pack of guys I was with say they can feel the difference between real/fake boobs. And see the difference because they don't move like normal boobs & are usually too high up. You probably couldn't feel it if you felt the front part but she had me feel the area where her boob connects near her arm pit area and I felt it.

Just my personal experience & the feedback of the guys I was with that night though. I can't say I've felt other fake boobs lol

Because all of those guys have groped multiple chicks with implants....?

If they are too high its because the chick didn't follow after care procedures properly or had a retarded surgeon. Also, if they are under the muscle they move and bounce like normal boobs.

You also said you felt near her arm out area...where skin is tight and pulls...no wonder you could feel the implant. In order for me to actually feel the implant not only do I have to do an insane stretch but I have to arch my back just as insane.

It depends on many things though....the chicks chest before implants...the surgeon..,under or over the muscle...the type of implant..the type of projection of the implant...how well they are cared for after surgery...
  • upgetupgetup
    upgetupgetup Posts: 749 Member
    Options

Actually, they can't predict who'll leak and who won't.

http://www.fda.gov/MedicalDevices/ProductsandMedicalProcedures/ImplantsandProsthetics/Breastimplants/ucm064106.htm#Additional_Surgeries

http://www.realself.com/question/breast-implants-replacement-0

That said, who the f cares what people do with themselves, as long as it's reasonably safe?
  • upgetupgetup
    upgetupgetup Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    And honestly, I think the insistence that women's breasts be not only beautiful, according to whatever standard, but natural, is some crazy misogynist ****, whether it comes from a man or a woman. Anyone insisting on naturalness is one of 1) a female who's young/never had to deal with the issue; 2) a man, or 3) religious (what's natural is good, etc).

Those people should turn in their razors, makeup, cars, and anything prepared by anyone else ever.

I'm ok with people bucking it altogether, or accepting themselves as they are, or doing something surgical about it, whatever - what is not cool is not being able to do any of those things, and suffering for it. < but I think some of that just sort of comes with youth. It will pass :)
  • TheConsciousFoody
    Options

judgmental yes. ignorant no. if it wasn't for society valuing large perky breasts nobody would get them. it's to impress other people. people can say it's just for themselves all they want, but if they were the only person on earth and didn't know that these big blobs of fat on a womans chest is considered attractive, they wouldn't think to want them.

Not true. I don't give a crap what society thinks. If i cared what society liked i probably wouldnt be covered in tattoos. Maybe you're a sheep but I think for myself. I personally think big, perky breasts are awesome. I'm also in a committed relationship with a guy who is an *kitten* man and my decision to get bigger boobs was up to me. I think women who can't afford them simply enjoy hating on those who can, but that's not my hangup.
    He didn't care either way. Its about what makes me happy.

But clearly you have your hair dyed and wear makeup to impress/attract other people so pot calling the kettle black much?
  • carriesays
    Options
    You are soo small. Food is good. Get a boob job if you really want to but I would really think about it hard. I am also a part of the IBTC, and have often thought the same thing so I know somewhat how you feel. Good luck!
  • Channeling_Boudica
    Options
    If you get implants, you will need 8 different views when you get a mammogram instead of 4 and there will still be breast tissue behind the implant that cannot be x-rayed. Granted, it's a long time before you will be old enough to need even a baseline mammogram, much less yearly ones and technology may improve, but breast health and cancer screening should be considered and I never hear that mentioned as a health risk. I didn't even know it was an issue until my last mammogram when I finally asked the radiology tech why they asked me whether or not I had implants when they scheduled my appointment.