Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,132 Member
    Options
    And before I totally forget this, Happy Birthday to Naceto and anyone else who's celebrating a birthday this week. Best wishes......:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :drinker: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

632090va9mx8zeyt.gif

Lin

1482351y1dphi597b.gif
  • AngelikaLumiere
    AngelikaLumiere Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    GrammyWhammy - :blushing: thank you

Tuesday Goals: A cousin has asked me to join her in the 30-Day Power Purge, which is a whole house clean and de-clutter project. http://hannahkeeley.com/blog/30-day-power-purge-day-two
    We are on day two. I am going to wear my HRM to see how much I burn doing this since it is "above and beyond" normal housekeeping. It will also be nice to go methodically through the whole house. Since I started a day late I have two days to do today, but it won't be a big deal, today is cleaning "the pantry" and we don't have one, we have four shelves over the washing machine. :laugh:
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    I have a weird question. If I take like 3 10 minutes walks during the day is it going to burn the same calories and be as good for me as if I took a straight 30 minute walk?

I've been grumbling that I can't get outside and walk this week because I get home so late but the weather is *amazing* this week. So today I took a 10 minute during my morning break, another 10 minute during my lunch, and I'll take one more 10 minute this afternoon for my break. I don't usually take my breaks, I think that's why it never occurred to me before. I can probably even squeeze out a 15 minute at lunch. The guys won't buck if I leave 5 minutes early for lunch.
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    going to the gym...:happy: :happy:
    mmmm.... a power purge.....must look that up......just thinking about it makes me tired.....not sure if i have enough energy or motivation to try that
  • linder4866
    Options
    I have a weird question. If I take like 3 10 minutes walks during the day is it going to burn the same calories and be as good for me as if I took a straight 30 minute walk?

I've been grumbling that I can't get outside and walk this week because I get home so late but the weather is *amazing* this week. So today I took a 10 minute during my morning break, another 10 minute during my lunch, and I'll take one more 10 minute this afternoon for my break. I don't usually take my breaks, I think that's why it never occurred to me before. I can probably even squeeze out a 15 minute at lunch. The guys won't buck if I leave 5 minutes early for lunch.

I can't the article right now but I KNOW I've read that this type of exercise is actually better for women and may potentially help more with weight loss than a straight longer session. I'm sure this is controversial but I just wanted you to know I have heard some positive things about breaking it up.

Good for you. I say whatever you can do is a PLUS!!!

Lin

1482351y1dphi597b.gif
  • rachael726
    rachael726 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday to all who is celebrating!

@ Lin- which Leslie sansone are you using or do you have multiple ones? I have multiple but like the 5 day slim down. I like that it tells you how long the warm up, miles and cool down stretch are. When you log it for cardio, what do you list it as? I usually do walking at 4.0 mph or aerobics, general. I want to make sure I'm logging accurately.

My daughter is feeling better and it's back to school tomorrow for her!!

I've been craving chocolate and coffee. Thought about getting fast food today (don't remember who posted about this). I had a craving for taco bell, but stood strong!! I'm still learning how to fight these crazy cravings. I am concerned for when aunt flow comes. I usually could kill a big bar of hersheys chocolate. Maybe I can scale it back to 1 or 2 squares. Ugh.. *new body, new body*

~Rachael
  • linder4866
    Options
    @ Lin- which Leslie sansone are you using or do you have multiple ones? I have multiple but like the 5 day slim down. I like that it tells you how long the warm up, miles and cool down stretch are. When you log it for cardio, what do you list it as? I usually do walking at 4.0 mph or aerobics, general. I want to make sure I'm logging accurately.

~Rachael

RACHAEL - I am using "Walk Slim: 5 Really Big Miles" and from YouTube "5 Mile Fat Burning Walk." As far as logging, I no longer log any of my exercise. I wear a Fitbit and have it linked to MFP---I get calorie adjustments from my activities. I use to utilize a HRM and I thought the calories burned looked too high so I switched over to this method and I think it looks more reasonable. If I was using an activity from the database I'd use the walking 4 mph when doing her 12 minute miles.

Good luck with the cravings!!! RESIST (if possible). Meanwhile---you are doing great. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Lin

1482351y1dphi597b.gif
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options

I can't the article right now but I KNOW I've read that this type of exercise is actually better for women and may potentially help more with weight loss than a straight longer session. I'm sure this is controversial but I just wanted you to know I have heard some positive things about breaking it up.

Good for you. I say whatever you can do is a PLUS!!!

Lin

Lin - I agree. Everything I have read this past year has said that the short intervals of 10 minutes thruout the day that add up to 30 minutes a day are equal to a straight - 30 minute work out. I think the science of working out has come around to a marvelous advantage to us! For me, I just cannot put out 30 minutes of straight activity so I have to do shorter intervals and let them add up.
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options

That is what I do 10 minute walk at 9:30 break, 10 minute walk at lunch and another 10 minute walk at 2:30 break. I should probably up the lunch one to 15 minutes.
  • rachael726
    rachael726 Posts: 202 Member
    Options

~Rachael

RACHAEL - I am using "Walk Slim: 5 Really Big Miles" and from YouTube "5 Mile Fat Burning Walk." As far as logging, I no longer log any of my exercise. I wear a Fitbit and have it linked to MFP---I get calorie adjustments from my activities. I use to utilize a HRM and I thought the calories burned looked too high so I switched over to this method and I think it looks more reasonable. If I was using an activity from the database I'd use the walking 4 mph when doing her 12 minute miles.

Good luck with the cravings!!! RESIST (if possible). Meanwhile---you are doing great. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Lin

1482351y1dphi597b.gif

Thanks Lin! I am looking on amazon to get the best price for one. I've asked how much they were prior and around $99 I believe is what I was told. I hate to spend that kind of $$ but I guess it's worth it. thanks again!!
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    My goal for this week is to drink more water . I do ok with the water through the week at work but on the weekends i am busy and forget to drink it . I like the leslie sansone walking tapes also i have several of them and its a very good workout !
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Rachel--Leslie Sansone is free on YouTube. If spending the money is an issue, try that. I use the free ones because whenever the weather permits, I prefer to walk outside. I don't want to invest big money in something I won't use all the time. Kaye
  • vickimieth
    vickimieth Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Tuesday Goals: A cousin has asked me to join her in the 30-Day Power Purge, which is a whole house clean and de-clutter project. http://hannahkeeley.com/blog/30-day-power-purge-day-two
    We are on day two. I am going to wear my HRM to see how much I burn doing this since it is "above and beyond" normal housekeeping. It will also be nice to go methodically through the whole house. Since I started a day late I have two days to do today, but it won't be a big deal, today is cleaning "the pantry" and we don't have one, we have four shelves over the washing machine. :laugh:

Ohhh... the packrat part of me is exhausted just thinking about that.... eek!
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Helen- Welcome back.
    Welcome to all the new people.

I am excited that I decided to hit the gym before going out to dinner tonight. I had a choice to make after work today- go home and chill then risk now going out again or go to the gym for a quick workout. I choose the workout and did the predesigned workout my trainer designed. It felt good to accomplish that goal today.

Goals- To keep on track- eating healthy and exercising on a regular basis.

Have a great day tomorrow.
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Helen - welcome back - your wit and wisdom were truly missed ! :flowerforyou:

Naceto - we're getting closer to Thursday and I share in all the Birthday Wishes for your 40th Birthday! :heart: Any special plans?

I am showing my ticker again and being honest with my overall weight GAIN for 2012, a net GAIN of 9 lbs. My total MFP Loss had been 40 lbs and I had been stubbornly holding out from showing my ticker until I could show it at 40. Well it doesn't seem like that's going to happen any time soon, so here's to reality. I gained weight twice in 2012, the first time in April-July when I purchased a condo and moved from a rental. Then I gained again when I went on a high dose of prednisone in the fall. I continue on the drug and will remain on high dose -treatment for 2 years, so will learn to live with it. For those with physical limitations, a little about me - I have a knee replacement on the left that has been banged up by serious falls on the concrete and I cannot kneel on that knee nor do I have full range or motion in it. My right foot is missing a tendon, so my foot twists as I walk, therefore I walk slowly and, in the long run, painfully. So I like to get my exercise in 10 minute intervals too. I have been losing my weight very, very slowly, with many set-backs, but I can say PROUDLY, I HAVE LOST 31 POUNDS AND KEPT IT OFF!
  • vickimieth
    vickimieth Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Admitting to a total fail today...:embarassed:
    let myself get too tired ... too stressed... and too hungry...
    ... and husband made homemade pizza... carby comfort food got me....:embarassed:

Gotta pick up and get back on track tomorrow...
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    This board moves so fast! Ty for the kudos. I draw my daily inspiration and have found that if I'm feeling like I don't want to work out, I read some posts and it revives my spirit somehow.

@ Susan -- what kind of bra bc these puppies are ALLL over the place running running or jumping. I hate it. Can't ever find a good sports bra.

Monday's suck and now my daughter is sick.

Happy birthday to naceto!! Enjoy a small slice of cake!

I have to start learning people's names. Lol.. I think that's harder for me than losing weight hehehe.

Goodnight all!!!!

~Rachael

Yes, this board moves. This is why you'll see BUMP often. People use that as their bookmark so they know where they need to start when they can make it back to read. I try to check in daily, but often miss a day or two then I'm so behind. I've been on for 5 months and finally learning most of the regular names.

Regarding the bra, it's actually the one Oprah recommends and wears called Enell Sports Bra. They are expensive though like $60+, but they hold you in for sure. Plus, no uniboob either. LOL!!! I bought two and always hang them to dry. Being as expensive as they are I want them to last a long time and they have so far. Very durable. Good luck!!
  • susan2396
    Options
    Instead of water tag how about a salad challenge? Everybody have at least one salad this week.

1054619uymc383ki3.gif

Just finished another 5 miles of Leslie Sansone---all fast miles with intervals and my feet are *#$! mad at me. Can you hear them howling?? Gotta see how they feel tomorrow, may have to ease off a bit.

Otherwise, I hope to keep at it!!!

All best wishes my friends.

Lin

1482351y1dphi597b.gif

I love the salad challenge!! I have to be so careful though not to get burned out. For me, I have to mix them up all the time especially adding fruits and nuts. I love strawberries, fat free feta, and walnuts or mandarin oranges, pecans, ginger-sesame dressing, etc. . . The more I can mix it up the better. Great idea though!!!
  • susan2396
    Options
    Tuesday Goals: I made it through day 2 of Medifast. The food is really not all that tasty, but has good protein count and gets my year started off in the right direction. Exercise was good this morning and I signed up for my fitness assessment with the trainer next week. Plus, I had over 100 oz of water (peeing ALL day). LOL!!! Good day overall.
  • jumpy983
    Options
    @naceto using your brain actually burns 30% more calories than if you did the same time frame exercising. I read that somewhere...probably online...so you know it's gotta be true lol. If you need math help, I might could help you. One of my volunteers (at my first job) sent me a funny email about her happening to pick 8 cats at the shelter to scan for microchips and all 8 were not microchipped. She asked, "What are the odds of that happening?" so I figured it out. Her selecting 8 cats of the 16 that weren't microchipped out of a total of 78 cats in the room.... I think I figured it out to around 55:1002 odds of that happening lol.

@Vicki congrats on Onderland!

@Bohemian I could see myself logging the rest of my life too! Hope Robin's thread is going to be around for a LOOOOONG time! Not that I'm planning on stretching out losing 100lbs but I'd like to keep in touch lol.

@tammy I LOVE TACOBELL

@rachael glad your party was a success and grats on the pedometer! let me know what it was and how you like it! Also, I weigh myself at work on the vet scale at night but i always take everything out of my pockets. We have uniform scrubs and I have a dedicated pair of shoes for that job and so I know I'm probably an lb or 2 over with all my clothes and shoes on, but that's just so when I get to the *almost* end of this journey, rather than have an lb or 2 to go, I can rip off my clothes and stand on the scale naked as a jaybird and scream I DID IT!! and go running naked through my house.

@JTCONST that's awesome that your family is really pulling for you, especially your hubby!

@Christine glad you are feeling better! Kiss the poms for me :)

@alison happy bday to your kiddo! 16 is quite a big deal!

@drojen don't let that number get you down. i look at it like a "number to beat" now. Also, I work at a vet's office and we did a biggest loser challenge about 2 years ago...it didn't hit me then, but this year, I remembered something I used to ask owners when their dogs were getting REEEEALLLLLY chubby- "What's your goal weight?" and they would be puzzled? "What's the number that he's going to reach on the scale that will make you stop overfeeding him?" and then it would hit them. Now, really, I was much nicer when I put it to them, but still the point sticks and it's something that when I stepped on the scale, my brain said - Hey Kristen...what's the goal weight? How much further into this are you going before you do something about it?" And then I was like OH SNAP! And so it became my biggest motivator. Anyway..just wanted to share.

@Lin holy 10 miles! awesome! And, I have my salad packed and in the fridge for tomorrow! No more junk food!

For those of you with finance issues, like myself as well, I recommend DaveRamsey.com or his book Financial Peace. It's a great read and easy too. I took the FPU (Financial Peace University) and DH and I have been on a mission for the last 3 years to put our finances back together. I think this year might be the year we get there. It's kinda like weight loss...try fail, try fail, try again, fail again, get back up, get it done!!

@susan great job getting back on board...8% is a good incline! OW! lol :) Thanks for the encouraging words too! I'm really liking the program..of course, that's just day 2 talking. Hit me up when I'm 15 days into it!

@skinnyjeans I read that article too...i definitely wasn't eating any of those foods! :noway: (just figured out the smileys!)
    And i know what you mean about loving your dog...i have 3 of them and 3 cats too...and 2 toddlers...so if something hasn't poo'd , pee'd or vomited somewhere it's a good day. Sometimes I wish I could crate train my kid lol I've got one potty trained and the other one is taking her sweet time. I told her the dog did it in 2 months! She wasn't impressed. :laugh:

@kinnurse congrats on all the babies everywhere. I love those little ones! Too cute!!

So update since I missed Sunday Share and Monday and almost missed Tuesday:
    I work 2 jobs M, Th, F 9am-12midnight and so I try to log on here to at least get the food on. You will find lots of fast food on my diary, but i stay within my calorie limit. I'm looking forward to the day when I will be financially free to eliminate a job...whichever one it may be as I LOVE both my jobs. One job is at an Animal Shelter and the other is at an Emergency Vet and I have a dog rescue. So, it's safe to say I love animals lol. My kids are my pride and joy and they are 3 and 4 years old. My youngest is holding out for the potty training award of the year...she just won't do it lol. We're working on it. Anyway, most weekends and free time are spent snuggling and cuddling them since 3 days of the week I only get to see them to wake them up, take them to school and pick them up between jobs. I've lost 6 lbs and I'm not looking back! As some of you know, I ordered Insanity and I'm on day 3 (including the fit test) and it has kicked my *kitten*. But in a REALLY good way. My 250ish flab is jigglin' its way on out. I'm hoping for a major loss at the end of this week. The jumping is really hard and the pushups are really hard, but I just keep moving and I'm sure I will be able to do more the next time around on the DVDs. There are a ton of DVD's to rotate through. So i'm looking forward to having them pop up again to see how far I've come. Other than that, welcome to the newbies, and please know that while I may not be able to pop on every day, I am keeping up with y'all and love y'all very much! Thank you for the support and encouragement you've been to me and everyone else here! Here's to 2013!!

Now get some water!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: