Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options

Susan - Not gaining is good. 100 days of tracking is excellent. I envy your consistency. You must post a picture of the hat. My mom always wore silly hats and folks really got cheered up from that. They always knew she would have something cute on her head.

Katrena - Thanks for the kudos. This has been the first time I've really been consistent. I'm not sure why it clicked now, but it has and I'm running with it. Luckily, I recognize my little funk and will just dig deep and push through. In reference to the hat, it's not me, but our fearless leader Robin. She's the hat lady!!! LOL!!
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm a single mom I want to lose 120 pounds to be healthier and live longer for my 9 year old boy. I love him so freaking much! I'm 31 and 5' 6" and I'm at 259. I have joined Curves and have been going 5x a week for 3 weeks now! and boy am I sore. I try to stay just under 1500 cals a day and I'm hoping to lose weight guys! Thank you for all the inspiration on here! Feel free to add me for support, I need all the help I can get. LOL. Have a great Sunday all!

Welcome! We've got some things in common. I'm a single mom too and my son is 10. He's definintely the best thing in my life that's for sure. I'm a bit older at 44. I'm also 5'6" and now 275. I was 325 at the beginning of the year and have taken off 50 lbs. I really wanted 100 lbs in a year, but I took a 4 month break when I moved 2,000 miles from Atlanta to Las Vegas for a new job. It's been a crazy year for me. I started MFP in August and just received my 100 day of tracking notice. Woo Hoo!! This board is great and everyone is very positive. Try to log in daily if you can. The encouragement is so important. Best of luck and you can do this!!!!
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    welcome new people!
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone and welcome to all the new people. As Susan said "you have found a great thread with a very supportive group of people."

I am happy to report that I was able to maintain my weight loss while in Portland. All the walking helped and I logged several miles a day. I used a pedometer on my phone to keep track of the steps.

Exercise Goals for the week:
    Sunday- gym 7 miles bike + 1 mile walk
    Monday- gym trainer or weight training and rock wall
    Tuesday- gym
    Wednesday- Rest day
    Thursday- gym weight
    Friday- Rock climbing
    Saturday- not sure yet.
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Hello. I need to loose a total of 120 pounds but I measure my success 20 pounds at a time. Love being here! Congrats to every one!

I measure my goals 25# at a time. I just reached my first 25#. I haven't tried breaking it down like this in the past. I hope it will motivate me. It is exciting to reach the first 25#. Welcome to the group. Kaye
  • vickimieth
    vickimieth Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Well, today has not been wonderful after all... don't understand why I'm emotionally crashing today...

Here's to all our friends & family who have served, or are serving... and for those who paid the ultimate price. May your Veterans' Day/Remembrance Day be sweet (and low cal).
  • lmackbethl
    Options
    Congrats to mymowmow and grandmakaye for your milestones and to laurie for maintaining on vacation! I'm getting back on track after a weekend slide! Plan to take the kayak out tomorrow... so nice to have some mild weather!!
  • Sandy307
    Sandy307 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hi people, I am really new to this so I hope I don't mess up. I need some help and motivation to keep me going. I have some health issues that have to be addressed as well as my weight problems but I am determined to beat them, even if it is slowly. I have lyme disease so am suffering pain and memory loss just to name a couple of things. I have been on MFP since May and so far have lost 21 pounds. I hit a long slump there for a few weeks but seem to be getting back on track again now. I have a daughter who is on here too and she has been such a help to me. Great motivation! I would like to offer support to other people that might have similar issues.

I look forward to keeping in touch with you all.

Sandy.:heart:
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Welcome Bunny, Sandy, and Dawn!
    Hello. I need to loose a total of 120 pounds but I measure my success 20 pounds at a time. Love being here! Congrats to every one!

I work the same way. I set dates for small goals, usually 20 lbs at a time. Getting de railed and gaining 1lb back when you need to lose 190 (where I started) seems no biggie but gaining back a couple of lbs when you're 10lbs into a 20lb goal is more worrying for me. I find myself more careful.
    Not to mention that now I only have FOUR more goals (of 20) to get to my end weight. It just makes it less overwhelming.
  • BohemianCoast
    BohemianCoast Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    @Robin -- great meal at Red Lobster; I always feel so good when I go out and it doesn't go horribly wrong foodwise...
    @Susan -- I'm at 100 days of tracking too! It feels great, doesn't it? And well done on maintaining while you've slipped back on eating and exercising.
    @Lauriek -- so glad that you got to hang out with your cousin and get reacquainted.
    @Katrena -- you remind me that I should plant a pile of bulbs.
    @Kris -- great SV! I have been missing my blubber on cold days, but I bought a lovely fluffy top to throw on when I'm feeling a bit chilly, and I have plenty of warm undies...
    @Dawn -- I've been looking on it as losing ten pounds ten times; cos anyone can lose ten pounds, right? I've done it three times so far.
    @Bunny -- Welcome! 5x a week at Curves is very consistent. I've been doing tons of exercise and it's really helped.
    @Kaye -- well done on getting to 25lbs.
    @Sandy -- welcome! There are lots of folks on here with health problems who can help with support and advice.

Monday check-in; well, last week was full of good food choices and serious megaloads of exercise, and I have lost another two pounds. So yay! I have also logged in here for 100 consecutive days here, which was a goal, so that's also pretty good. 8 pounds to ONEderland, and 7 more check-ins in 2012.

Have a great week everyone!
  • lmackbethl
    Options
    @alison - congrats on the exercise and weight loss! I am sure we will hear you announce reaching ONEderland in no time!!

today is my official weigh-in and I am definitely counting my .2 pound gain as a victory!!! at some point during the week, i was up 4 pounds, plus i had a big slide over the weekend, going massively over calories on friday and saturday (darn red potato pizza). ok, shaking it off, and determined to have a healthy, productive week!!!
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Hellooooo-

Monday check in- It got real cold in MN yesterday it even started to snow. I didn't do much this weekend not even really any homework. I took some me time and vegged in front of the TV.
    I have been doing a lot of soul searching this last week and I am not so sure my partner and I should be together anymore. We are 2 totally opposite people and don't see eye to eye on something as basic as respect for others. You really get to see a person's true colors when you live with them.
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    536766_364455940310958_1966241090_n.jpg
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Good Morning.

Monday Check-in~ Had a seemingly difficult weekend. Brakes on car were making a weird noise so took it for a looksee, no problem with brakes but they did need to do a brake fluid exchange (something I've never had done) and it needed new rear shocks (was told twice before they were leaking hydraulic fluid), so a $500 repair bill I wasn't expecting. :grumble: Then my sweet 17-year old kitty is having some health issues. She didn't wake me Saturday and I found her hiding in the closet, when she came out she was really disoriented and skittish around the house. She was really withdrawn on Saturday and some yesterday, but she is eating/drinking fine - actually this morning she seems like her usual self, more alert and her eyes look better. Still, I left a message for the vet yesterday and stayed home from work this morning so I can take her for a once over - really hope she is cooperative so they don't need to sedate her. I hope even more than she is okay. :cry:

Congrats to those with victories and milestones over the weekend.

Welcome to the newbies that stopped by, you will find lots of support here so check back often.
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Monday Check In::: I had a fun weekend. But it was not so good food wise. But today is a new day. And I'm sick of this cycle of doing good and then the weekend comes. What's so different about the weekend? Well I know it's not my normal routine but why not make a routine specifically for the weekends...I have to figure something out.

Week 2
    Nov 12 - Nov 18
    1/3 Cardio Days
    581/1100 Calories
    2.5/4 Miles (bike - 14 miles)
    10/50 push ups

I'm worried because while I did finish my challenges last week. My weight is up ALOT due to TOM. And I'm worried of being eliminated because of it. It's very frustrating. But even if I am eliminated I will still keep going and doing what I need to do and want to do.

Got a 50min walk in on the treadmill this morning. Steady 3mph pace and the treadmill was inclined a little bit as well.
    Felt really good to do.

Have a great Monday

Tina

THANK YOU TO ALL THE VETERANS!
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    536766_364455940310958_1966241090_n.jpg

:) are you a veteran? you kind of have the look. happy veteran's day to everyone here who served and to their spouses, who also serve each and every day.

my husband gets free food from like every restaurant on earth today. so wherever we go i'm going to have to try and figure out what i can eat and still stay within the restrictions of my crazy diet.
  • KATRENAJ
    KATRENAJ Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    To all the brave and wonderful Veterans who served in our behalf, May God bless you and Thank you so much for your service. To all my buddies on this site, hope this week is a wonderful week for you. I am grateful for the support this group gives.

My darling hero is still in Wisconsin working today, but expected home later today. I didnt make it to the gym to weigh in but will run by there later today. Meeting niece for lunch, have to get keys made, we put new locks on the door and can't get out the deadbolt without a key. Going to old house to clean out some so we can get it on the market. It is just sitting there.

Have to get house straightened before hubby gets in later today, as I am a slob when he is gone. Finally have a 4:10 Dr's apptmt. Busy day My goal this week is

1) Take my vitamins and medicines daily
    2) Work out 3 times this week
    3) Walk at least 3 times this week
    4) Work out with weights at least 3 times this week
    5) TAKE MY MEASUREMENTS FROM OCTOBER

MORGORI - Appreciate your Veterans Day thought. My hubby did two stints in Vietnam years ago, AND still has side affects.

mnwalkingqueen - You can say that again. You can usually work around the small stuff, but respect is a big issue.

lmacbeth - I would count that as a victory too. I never can figure how those nasty scales work, but take all the readings in my favor. I envy your outdoor activities

Mymowmow - You are so close, what an accomplishment. You really inspire me

Sandy307 - Welcome, you can't really mess up on this site. Sounds like you have a good start. Just keep trucking. Sorry about your health issues. Did you get Lymes disease from a tick?

Vickmeith - Hope you cheer up. Watch something funny on TV. That sometimes helps.
  • KATRENAJ
    KATRENAJ Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Surprize, Surprize, Though weight loss less than expected, I have lost 3" in my hips. And 2" in my neck. That is great news and motivates me. I have decided not to have rice today at the hibachi grill, just an extra helping of veggies, I can live without rice for one day, I am sure.

Katrena
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    @toots- I was not in the Service but have family members that were/are. That is three generations in this picture.

mil1.jpg

My wife's side of the family has some Marines. Her grandfather was one at Iwo Jima and her brother was in Desert Storm.
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Good morning and Happy Veterans day all. Thank you to all those who serve to protect the life we all tend to take for granted. I had a fun weekend and was on the goal almost the whole time. My food and drink choices werent the best but I managed to stay in goal on saturday and real close on Sunday. The scale isnt showing any movement today even after all the work I did last week but I thnk that might be due to all the beer and fast food the last two days. Beer tensds to leave me a little bloated. My sister in law and I went to some local brweries and were doing some tastings. Those little glasses add up, lol. Anyway I am not going to sweat the scale ecause I know how hard i worked last week and that the lack of movement is probably bloat. I hope everyone has a great and wonderful day.