Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!! I'm still sick, but feeling a bit more energetic today. I managed a mile and a half walk with gunner which made him extremely happy! He hasn't had a walk with his *mom* since last Wed. He's now sleeping contently on the couch next to me. Food hasn't been as great as I haven't been grocery shopping since before my trip. Also haven't had the energy to prepare my lunch ahead of time, so have been faring on some food colleagues have provided from their club parties/banquets. Lots of pasta, but at least it's not too unhealthy.

Wed. Wish:
    I thawed some chicken breast, so I hope to get a healthy lunch made for tomorrow and friday. Also, want to keep getting through my grading. Will update those goals later tonight.
  • KATRENAJ
    KATRENAJ Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Fairly good day though over calories. Was going for a walk and it started raining. Greatful for this group and for Myfitness pal. Can 't figure out how to sync MFP to fitbit.

mnwalkingqueen - yeah good for you. clever to walk while you are cooking. Where there is a will there is a way. Problem for me is finding the will

skinnyjeans hope you get to feeling better

Kay you are most welcome. Iron sharpens iron and you encourage us also

ushkii - That will help

linder4866 - Here is my super magic dust /////////***///***. This should help. Just eat your calorie limit, exercise and use the magic dust.

kah68 - I didnt know adrenal fatique affected weight loss. my doctor said I had adrenal fatigue and I've stopped taking my thyroid meds. I'll make an apptmt tomorrow to get a refill. having said that, I am not sticking to my plan as much as I should

Mymowmow - The time I was so sucessful losing weight, I did exactly what you did. I didnt necessarily freeze it, but I wrapped it and heated during the week. If you have any good recipes, I would enjoy those. You are one of my inspirations on this site

katrena
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Karen- I hope you are feeling better and that you enjoyed your trip to NOLA. It is always fun to get away.

Chris- I hope your neighbor and you are doing okay. Sending you hugs and positive thoughts.

grandmakaye- I hope your knee stops hurting.

Wed wish- that I find the time and desire to hit the gym the rest of this week. I have either been to tired to exercise or after work meetings have stopped me from going to the gym. I know I can't blame my schedule for not going to the gym last but I just didn't feel going back out after I went to the store. Happily, I did workout by lifting weights at my school tonight before I headed to meeting. I actually enjoyed my workout tonight and I did my best to remember different exercises and I found the courage to do them on my own.

Tuesday goal- Stay focused and get back to exercising.

Exercise Goals for the week Revised:
    Sunday- gym 7 miles bike + 1 mile walk DONE
    Monday- REST
    Tuesday- REST
    Wednesday- Rest day Weight training DONE
    Thursday- gym weight
    Friday- Rock climbing
    Saturday- not sure yet.
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I played hookie from work today it felt so good to sleep in. I had a meeting at my son's school then me and my son walked 8 blocks to the doctor to find out they accidently cancelled our appointment. At school I had to retake my math test ended up walking from one side of the campus to the other then back to my car in the back forty of the parking lot cause I left my student ID there. I wish I had my pedometer with me to count those steps. Oh well atleast I got my walk in for the day.

@robin - I can honestly say with current stuff going on that Ann Landers comment really made me stop and think even harder.
    @Lauriek70- Nice to see your post I also haven't been to gym in months and I really miss my 2 hour work outs every other day.
    @Karen- I bet gunner was in heaven and I am sure it felt good for you too.

I hope this isn't a repeat but if it is I am sorry....has anyone tried Body by VII? A person I am friends with on here keeps asking me to try it but it seems pretty expensive plus it seems like you would still buy real food.
  • mnwalkingqueen
    Options
    My wish for today is that they will find out exactly what is wrong with me physically that is causing all this digestive distress and find out why I wake up 9 to 15 times at night when I am asleep. I started usng the fitbit and find that even with a sleeping pill, I wake up 9 times during an 8 hr sleep. That can;t be healthy. Don't snore, per my hubby so doesnt sound like sleep apnea

Also, I cant say enough abour preparing healthy food in advance. I made the turkey bacon egg wraps yesterday and stored some for today and this morning, just took one out and heated in microwave and bazoon, there is a perfectly healthy low cal breakfast, Just added fruit and could have added bread but chose not to. I'm going to make the turkey sausage lentil soup today. That sounds good to me

Robin: Your post made me grin. I would love to have you as a sister.

nzenceck - Welcome back and please send some of your determination my way.

Katrena
    I wish you the best of luck with your health issues.
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Good Morning All.

Thursday Truth~I've been a bit more lax lately, letting certain foods sneak in that I quit eating months ago. Not so much in the way of desserts, but more carby/cheesy stuff - I need to be a little better at planning. So far it hasn't affected my weight but it could start!

@Karen~Sounds like you are on the road to recovery, I bet Gunner was glad to get out for that walk!

@Katrena~Yes, adrenal fatigue can affect weight loss. For me, its actually a huge roadblock right now.
    I hope this isn't a repeat but if it is I am sorry....has anyone tried Body by VII? A person I am friends with on here keeps asking me to try it but it seems pretty expensive plus it seems like you would still buy real food.

I haven't heard much about this, but isn't a meal replacement? I would look for some reviews on line, but past experience tells me its gimicky. In my opinion the best thing we can do for ourselves is maintain a healthy lifestyle - eat healthy and exercise. The weight may not come off as fast as we want it to but it is the healthier way of losing weight.
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    My wish for today is that they will find out exactly what is wrong with me physically that is causing all this digestive distress and find out why I wake up 9 to 15 times at night when I am asleep. I started usng the fitbit and find that even with a sleeping pill, I wake up 9 times during an 8 hr sleep. That can;t be healthy. Don't snore, per my hubby so doesnt sound like sleep apnea
    Katrena

If you have insurance and the time I would consider a sleep study test. Sleep apnea only causes snoring if it is obstructive like the kind I have. There are two other causes that may not cause snoring I think. Anyway if you get a sleep study done it may show why you wake so much. Here is a link you can cut and paste

http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/slpst/

My Wednesday wish is that my wife’s hands stop hurting her so much.

Good health to everyone reading this!

Tom
  • mnwalkingqueen
    Options
    Happy Day Everyone-

Thursday Truth is health and work related. I really miss the ability to go to the gym whenever I want to. I have not been to the gym since Aug. Work related truth I have worked on an all male team for a year where I was constantly treated like I knew nothing all my complaining paid off I now work for the lady that hired me 6yrs ago and I am very happy. My comment is this if a person has worked somewhere for 12yrs they must have some skills and knowledge treat them as if they do.
  • mnwalkingqueen
    Options
    Good Morning All.

Thursday Truth~I've been a bit more lax lately, letting certain foods sneak in that I quit eating months ago. Not so much in the way of desserts, but more carby/cheesy stuff - I need to be a little better at planning. So far it hasn't affected my weight but it could start!

@Karen~Sounds like you are on the road to recovery, I bet Gunner was glad to get out for that walk!

@Katrena~Yes, adrenal fatigue can affect weight loss. For me, its actually a huge roadblock right now.

I haven't heard much about this, but isn't a meal replacement? I would look for some reviews on line, but past experience tells me its gimicky. In my opinion the best thing we can do for ourselves is maintain a healthy lifestyle - eat healthy and exercise. The weight may not come off as fast as we want it to but it is the healthier way of losing weight.
    The lady on here that is on my friends list I believe sells the stuff. She said it should replace one meal a day. My thing is she seems to be pushing that rather than being a friend and I don't want to waste my money on it.
  • kah68
    Options
    @Katrena~I meant to say earlier too that adrenal fatigue and/or thyroid issues (basically any endocrine issue) can cause sleep disturbances. As can female hormonal issues - I'm getting a triple whammy at the moment, since I have all 3 going on. I don't wake up as often as you though - I wake up 1-2 times a night, always between 2-3am. Morgori is right also, there are a couple of different forms of sleep apnea, so if you are waking up that often there could be another issue at play here - might be a good idea to look into a sleep study.
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Thursday Truth:: I should have gotten up this morning and worked out but I felt like sleeping in since I had to get up extra early to get my challenge completed for the week. I am going to try and get something in today after work. Which is very possible since I don't have to go to the babysitters to get my daughter because I will be picking her up from school and bringing her to work with me. So I won't be getting home late.
    I'm also frustrated I weighed myself this morning and it says I have gained 2lbs since Monday----WTF!? I have been working out and staying under calories...I don't get it. It will all even out I assume. Oh well I will just keep doing what I'm doing and it will all work out :)

I even got an EXTRA 40 push ups in yesterday throughout my day at work. So that's 90 since Monday! Going to get some more in today. I think it's something I'm going to do daily now. I do them in reps of like 5-10 throughout the day. SO not used to them my arms are sore but it's a welcoming feeling :)

Hope everyone has a terrific Thursday!

Tina
  • kah68
    Options
    @Tina~You are doing so awesome with your elimination challenge. If your body is sore, its entirely possible the gain is just from muscle soreness and will disappear in a day or two. Remember that you have just returned to being active and you're doing some different things, it may just take a little while for your body to realize what you're doing to it - it will respond soon. Keep it up!
    The lady on here that is on my friends list I believe sells the stuff. She said it should replace one meal a day. My thing is she seems to be pushing that rather than being a friend and I don't want to waste my money on it.

I did a little bit of research, it looks to me like those shakes aren't very nutritiously sound. I think she is just pushing you buy the product so she gets the money out of it that she has invested. Probably a wise idea to go with your instinct and not waste your money. I'm always cautious about those types of things.
  • BohemianCoast
    BohemianCoast Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    @Tina -- Well done with the challenges!
    I've been doing pushups (on the countertop, and now on the third stair up) for several months now and I think they've been great. Most of my main exercise is lower-body, and I think the pressups make a good counterpoint to that. I find the knee ones hard; I find whole body ones from a higher surface much easier. But like most strength exercises you don't want to do it every day, so that your body has a chance to rest and grow the muscles it's been using. You can mix it up with core or leg exercises on other days. I've been using a program called 'You Are Your Own Gym', but I think it might be a bit hard for me. 480 days! That's amazing.

@Robin -- I think the logging is really helpful; partly because it tends to stop me from eating junk, partly because there are days when I think OMG I AM EATING ALL THE PIES and then I log it and it's only a few hundred calories over -- and remember, under 500 calories over and you're still in deficit -- and partly because now that I'm getting better at it I find I can use it as a real planning tool. For example, I know today that I've run, and I'll play badminton later, and I will therefore have enough calories for dinner to eat *as much mashed potato as I want*.

@Katrena -- I think that waking up now and then at night is normal; but ten times a night sounds like a lot, doesn't it?

@Kris -- A five pound loss in a month is brilliant really, especially considering how much you've already lost. There are *groups* on here called 'let's lose 5 pounds in November'. If you have the energy and enthusiasm to up your exercise then I think that's cool, but you should be So Proud of what you've done!

@Kelley -- I reckon that any loss or even staying the same is fantastic really; it's only gains I don't like...

@Skinnyjeanz -- look after yourself and get well...

@Mnwalkingqueen -- I'm not convinced by any weight loss things that cost money really -- *except* for exercise gear, a pedometer, and DVDs or Wii games. Especially these food things you get; because they cost a lot of money and they're just another sort of processed food. You'd do better to eat lean meats, fresh fruit and veg, and whole grains. If someone on MFP is pushing it then that's against the board rules. And good to hear that things are going well at work!

Thursday Truth -- I was struck by something nzencak said about 'deserving to be happy'. We do, I think, all deserve to be happy. But thin people don't automatically get to be happy, and we don't find happiness on the scales. Happiness comes from our relationships with the people we love, the world around us, and ourselves, and I'm pretty sure that we all have that capability to be happy regardless of what we weigh. That means I think that losing weight doesn't necessarily make us happier either; when I'm feeling down I think I need to fix that first before trying to sort out other things. The danger is when I decide that the solution to feeling down is to eat a pile of ice cream -- I wish I had a well-wisher around at all times who'd go 'no, that's not the solution. Go for a walk.'

Hope you're all feeling happy today!

-- Alison
  • Garetie
    Garetie Posts: 92 Member
    Options

Thursday Truth -- I was struck by something nzencak said about 'deserving to be happy'. We do, I think, all deserve to be happy. But thin people don't automatically get to be happy, and we don't find happiness on the scales. Happiness comes from our relationships with the people we love, the world around us, and ourselves, and I'm pretty sure that we all have that capability to be happy regardless of what we weigh. That means I think that losing weight doesn't necessarily make us happier either; when I'm feeling down I think I need to fix that first before trying to sort out other things. The danger is when I decide that the solution to feeling down is to eat a pile of ice cream -- I wish I had a well-wisher around at all times who'd go 'no, that's not the solution. Go for a walk.'

-- Alison

Brillant :happy: if you find a *well-wisher* please let me know, I'm coming off a huge slide this week, don't know what happened but I could not eat enough to feel better about it, no matter how hard I tried. :blushing: getting back on track today though.
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options

-- Alison

Brillant :happy: if you find a *well-wisher* please let me know, I'm coming off a huge slide this week, don't know what happened but I could not eat enough to feel better about it, no matter how hard I tried. :blushing: getting back on track today though.

Boho Coast - Alison you're quite the philosopher. We should have a resident position for you here. This is a gem!
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    But thin people don't automatically get to be happy, and we don't find happiness on the scales. Happiness comes from our relationships with the people we love, the world around us, and ourselves, and I'm pretty sure that we all have that capability to be happy regardless of what we weigh. That means I think that losing weight doesn't necessarily make us happier either; when I'm feeling down I think I need to fix that first before trying to sort out other things.

I've thought (and blogged) about this a lot and I agree with you. Imo, this is yet another reason that 'diets' don't work. People have a mindset that a 'diet' is a temporary experience to reach their goal weight and once they hit a certain number on the scale they will be happy and their lives will better. Then as they get closer and closer to their goal and the bills are still too high, they still have a crummy job, and whatever problems they are struggling with are still there then they get frustrated.

Losing weight will make us healthier but it sure won't solve our problems for us.

Thursday truth - I didn't walk to work today. I was supposed to, I packed up my stuff last night so I could leave early.....then I was so sleepy this morning I reset the alarm and went back to sleep. I'll have to do a workout video or something tonight when I get home (will be too dark to walk)...... kind of annoyed with myself but I'll reserve self loathing to see if I manage to do my workout.

@Katrena - Oh jeez, recipes. :P I usually start with a recipe but by the time I scratch out the things i can't eat, don't like, or need to add it's unrecognizable. I LOVE LOVE LOVE to experiment. My favorites/staples are my Eggplant Lasagna, Eggplant Rollatini, Stew (getting burned out on it now though), chicken soup (made from a leftover roast chicken carcass), chicken tortilla soup, beef, vegetable, and barley soup, chili, and oven roasted vegetables with any kind of meat. If any of that looks interesting let me know and I can PM you a recipe of the latest version (I update the recipe section of MFP each time I alter the recipe).

@MNWalking - Gimmicks. If they worked everyone would be using them and weigh their goal weight. If someone on my friends list spent more time peddling product than supporting they would be gone really fast.

@Tina - You're doing amazing! I did push ups for the first time last night and 20 (2 sets of 10) have me a bit sore today. Imagine 40... OUCH.
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    for those who are tired or experiences hormone issues, my doctor told me to take half a teaspoon of this stuff called MACA in my food every day. it seems to be making a big difference in my energy level. i don't know what it is, some kind of peruvian root, but it does seem to be working. it's a little bit expensive, about thirty bucks a bottle at like Nature's Grocer or whatever, but it seems to work for me so it might be worth a try. and the bottles are big and you only use half a teaspoon a day. apparently, it isn't for people who take certain medications or are pregnant or nursing, but it's supposed to work for both genders. i don't really know what it tastes like, because i always put it into something else, but, yeah, i seem to be seeing a bit of a leveling out in my tiredness and that kind of thing.
  • feliciacromwell
    feliciacromwell Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 163 pounds. No matter how many times I tell myself I can do it, I feel like I can't. I don't have people my size attempting to motivate me. Only ones who are a healthy weight. No matter what I do I feel like I'm doing it alone. As much as their kind words are nice to hear. I just feel like it's not enough. What do i need? What do you tell yourself?
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 163 pounds. No matter how many times I tell myself I can do it, I feel like I can't. I don't have people my size attempting to motivate me. Only ones who are a healthy weight. No matter what I do I feel like I'm doing it alone. As much as their kind words are nice to hear. I just feel like it's not enough. What do i need? What do you tell yourself?

I know exactly where you are coming from. I live alone (the cats could care less if I'm fat, in fact they are bigger cheetos addicts than I am) and I don't have close friends or family nearby and I'm truly dealing with this alone. It's difficult, scary, and above all lonely so yeah... I think I can relate. When I was stuffing myself with food I always had company built right into the refrigerator and freezer. Now I feel like I've been dumped on an island alone.... I'm having to learn to deal with that feeling and get past it.

The people on this thread have been a huge help. I cannot stress enough what an amazing group of people you've just found. They are caring, supportive, and kind... every one of them. I'm pretty picky about my friends list on here. I'd rather have quality than quantity. The majority of them are dealing with the same struggles as I am and are just wonderful and loving. It makes all the difference. When I'm struggling I can post it on my wall and I'll have tons of responses within a short time. It's uplifting and gives me the strength to keep pushing on.
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options

Hi Felicia - Here its one day at a time, and losing small increments of weight at a time. Don't stare at that 163 pounds and worry about losing it all. Divide it into 10 pound packages and conquer it in small chunks. When you get hungry - drink a glass of water and get moving temporarily. Concentrate on small protein snacks like almonds, peanuts, eggs or tuna to fuel your body. We're here to help you! Come back daily and just share your thoughts instead of reaching for a sweet snack.