Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    @Alison~Brilliant!!!
    for those who are tired or experiences hormone issues, my doctor told me to take half a teaspoon of this stuff called MACA in my food every day. it seems to be making a big difference in my energy level. i don't know what it is, some kind of peruvian root, but it does seem to be working. it's a little bit expensive, about thirty bucks a bottle at like Nature's Grocer or whatever, but it seems to work for me so it might be worth a try. and the bottles are big and you only use half a teaspoon a day. apparently, it isn't for people who take certain medications or are pregnant or nursing, but it's supposed to work for both genders. i don't really know what it tastes like, because i always put it into something else, but, yeah, i seem to be seeing a bit of a leveling out in my tiredness and that kind of thing.

Very interesting, Toots. I have not heard of this, I just sent some info to my trainer about it. Right now I take cordyceps for energy, etc. I'm too early in my adrenal fatigue recovery to see how things are working yet, but this will be something to consider if I discover I'm not taking the right combination of supplements. Thanks for the info!
    I need to lose 163 pounds. No matter how many times I tell myself I can do it, I feel like I can't. I don't have people my size attempting to motivate me. Only ones who are a healthy weight. No matter what I do I feel like I'm doing it alone. As much as their kind words are nice to hear. I just feel like it's not enough. What do i need? What do you tell yourself?

I agree with @MyM0wM0w 100% on this! You have happened upon an amazing group of people here - everyone is so supportive. I live alone too (with one sweet senior cat), I do have some close friends (none of which are as overweight as I am), so I get the support I need from this forum and from the friends I've made on MFP. At times it can be daunting, but you just have to keep pushing on - when you find yourself struggling that is when it is the most important to check in.
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Felcia, I second everything that has been said. This is the place to be. We are all in it together. I'm pretty new to this, but feel a part of the group. I think that its really important to set small goals, I do 25#, but whatever works. Daily tracking is really key, too. I have learned from being here that everyone has their own kinds of struggles. We usually find that we would rather deal with our own problems than someone else's, and that is encouraging, too. Good luck to you. I hope we see frequent posts from you. We'll be watching. Kaye
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    Karenleona Are you having a total knee? Its now been a month since mine and I am doing great. The exercise is good because the stronger the muscles are going into the surgery, the faster they will recover. Good luck.

yes i am having a total knee replacement. Thanks so much for this posting!! it really helps me to think i may just be able to do it. And thanks Robin for the great advice about breathing and relaxing. I am trying. I have a list of things to accomplish each day to keep myself busy and it is nice to check things off the list.

thursday truth- i am supposed to be making and canning applesauce but i just want to get my bike out cause it is so nice outside!! but i have to wait for a new bed to be delivered for my spare bedroom downstairs and it could be anytime between noon and 6 pm :grumble:
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,133 Member
    Options
    Woot! I just got my 750 mile badge from Fitbit. I love it. This kind of silly stuff helps to keep me motivated.

Everyone take care and let's all prepare----Thanksgiving is barreling down the road towards us! Gobble gobble (NOT).

Lin

1482351y1dphi597b.gif
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I know I havent been around the last couple of days. We have had a nasty cold going through the family. I havent been eating as good as I should just grabbing whatever I wanted and justifying it with I was sick. Well that ended today. I am sucking down my green smoothie as i right this and plan on making only good choices for the rest of the day. It will probbly be a day or two before I get back on the exercise train since my chest is still tight and all guncky but I am already planning out what I am going to do when I finish kicking this cold. I have enjoyed reading all of your posts. You are all such an inspiration whenever I feel myself starting to falter I know I can come on here and find the motivation to keep going. For that I wanted to thank you all.
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options

thursday truth- i am supposed to be making and canning applesauce but i just want to get my bike out cause it is so nice outside!! but i have to wait for a new bed to be delivered for my spare bedroom downstairs and it could be anytime between noon and 6 pm :grumble:

they made it here by 2 pm so I was able to get in a 20km ride :happy: :happy:
    now i have to get some work done....:grumble:
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 163 pounds. No matter how many times I tell myself I can do it, I feel like I can't. I don't have people my size attempting to motivate me. Only ones who are a healthy weight. No matter what I do I feel like I'm doing it alone. As much as their kind words are nice to hear. I just feel like it's not enough. What do i need? What do you tell yourself?
    Hello I just wanted to say with this group you are never alone there has always been someone who has or is going through what I am challenged with. I personally don't do a lot of self talk but maybe I should.
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Karenleona- How are you doing after your back surgery? Do you still have pain?

Felcia- Welcome to the group. Like everyone else has said- this is great group and we tend to take things in small steps. You can make the weight loss happen but you need to make the choice and find what works for you, then you will succeed :bigsmile: . That is something we have all learned during our personal journeys. Good luck on your journey.:flowerforyou:

I also agree with those responding about the diet plan that a person was trying to see. You are better off losing the weight on your own and learning what works for you. I don't buy into those shake loss plans and it could set you up for failure.

jtconst- Hope you feel better soon.

lin- It is amazing how a little thing like a badge can make us happy. I know the numbers of days that MFP posts gives me something to work towards. Congrats on 750 miles.:drinker:

Truth- This has been a frustrating week for me due to the lack of exercise and desire to hit the gym. I workout tonight on my own. I thought I was meeting my trainer but there was an email miscommunication. I did not get response until I sent him another email yesterday. Then I got that response tonight. I hope my email is working correctly and responses are getting through.

Exercise Goals for the week Revised:
    Sunday- gym 7 miles bike + 1 mile walk DONE
    Monday- REST
    Tuesday- REST
    Wednesday- Rest day Weight training DONE
    Thursday- gym weight Cardio instead DONE
    Friday- Rock climbing
    Saturday- not sure yet. GYM with trainer

Happy Friday---May you have a great day and a wonderful weekend.
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Can a couple of people please PM me? I want to see if my gmail account is working correctly. That account is connected to MFP.
  • mnwalkingqueen
    Options
    Woot! I just got my 750 mile badge from Fitbit. I love it. This kind of silly stuff helps to keep me motivated.

Everyone take care and let's all prepare----Thanksgiving is barreling down the road towards us! Gobble gobble (NOT).

Lin

1482351y1dphi597b.gif
    What a great accomplishment
  • mnwalkingqueen
    Options
    Hi everyone. I know I havent been around the last couple of days. We have had a nasty cold going through the family. I havent been eating as good as I should just grabbing whatever I wanted and justifying it with I was sick. Well that ended today. I am sucking down my green smoothie as i right this and plan on making only good choices for the rest of the day. It will probbly be a day or two before I get back on the exercise train since my chest is still tight and all guncky but I am already planning out what I am going to do when I finish kicking this cold. I have enjoyed reading all of your posts. You are all such an inspiration whenever I feel myself starting to falter I know I can come on here and find the motivation to keep going. For that I wanted to thank you all.
    Glad your starting to feel better
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Very interesting, Toots. I have not heard of this, I just sent some info to my trainer about it. Right now I take cordyceps for energy, etc. I'm too early in my adrenal fatigue recovery to see how things are working yet, but this will be something to consider if I discover I'm not taking the right combination of supplements. Thanks for the info!
    [/quote]

what is that? i've not heard of it. there's a lot of stuff i can't take because of my PCOS but if something works i'm always interested in more energy :laugh:
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @laurie--that stinks that your appt. w/ trainer didn't work out, but good for you for exercising on your own. I will PM you when I finish this post.

@karenleona--congrats on getting in that bike ride!! Sending good vibes your way for your surgery on Monday. :heart:

@jt--glad you are feeling better. I can relate to using it as an excuse to eat more--I've been the same way this week. Got back to better eating today, but still not perfect.

@lin--750 miles! :noway: How awesome!!

@felicia--ditto on what everyone else has said! :flowerforyou:

@garetie--every time I have a "huge slide" I try to remember that it's now *abnormal* and only temporary. In the past I would *diet* for a few weeks or even a month and then slip back to my old unhealthy habits. Now, I may eat unhealthy for a few days or even weeks, but I always get back to my *new normal* which is healthy food in reasonable portions. I know you will also get back to your new normal. :wink:

@alison--loved your truth!

@tina--don't remember who said it but I agree that your muscles are probably retaining water from all of those push ups. Also, agree with whomever said to do them every other day--it will give your muscles time to heal and you will build strength and stamina much more quickly.

@holly--I also miss not being able to go to the gym whenever I'd like as I can during the summer. Glad you are continuing to put yourself first as you ponder some big decisions in your life. :flowerforyou: Oh, and I agree with others who said to skip the shakes. The "friend" is abusing the rules of this site, which makes me suspect her intentions and character.

@tom--hope mrs. morgori's hands get better soon.

Thursday Truth:
    I watch way too much TV! I shouldn't feel "swamped" b/c I need to catch up on the shows piling up in my DVR. :blushing:

Grading Goals:
    1. 40/40 AP test corrections DONE!
    2. 59/59 Montana 1948 theme journals DONE!!
    3. x/22 2-paragraph responses
    4. 22/22 vocabulary quizzes DONE!
    5. x/22 grammar test corrections
    6. re-read Grendel
    7. x/22 pronoun/antecedent agreement tests

Getting there!
  • lmackbethl
    Options
    Thursday Truth -- I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed, with too much to do and not enough money. I'm also wondering if I'm making the right decisions for my life. Nonetheless, I'm committed to keep on keepin' on and trying to take care of myself, the best I can. If I make a mistake, I'll dust myself off and try again...
  • lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

Thursday Truth: Yesterday was such a hard day at work, one of my clients is having an extremely hard time adjusting to his new meds. causing lots of behaviors which are causing lots of violent moments. He seems really obsessed with me. I think its just cause we are extremely close he feels safe with me. I don't want that to stop but his behavior is non stop till yesterday after dodging his grabbing me for what seem like the 100th time I just wanted to start screaming at the top of my lungs. I come home to I didn't but could not sleep last night because I could not stop thinking about it. Woke up thinking about him. It bothers me cause I really like him like my job but I am at my witts in I need help. So I went to my boss and with lots of experience in this field i just don't know so I ask for advice. Not sure if I have a job after tomorrow. She and the other supervisiors act like it was ok that I express concern. I have got good reviews but they have a hard time when they think you have problems with any clients. I have seen it before to my fellow co-workers. I am asking for advice not that I don't want to work with the client. But sometimes those lines get blurr with them. With other co-workers who ask for help they cut their hours tll basically they have no hours and just leave. So praying that doesn't happen. But the truth is I am scare.

Liz
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I love Weds Wishes ! I feel as if I'm getting a special chance, an new opportunity, a gift! Today I'm wishing that I really, really, really start logging my food every single bite, every single day. I've been very lax about it. I've been impressed to see those of you who are celebrating 100 days of logging and congrats to you who've succeeded at that.

I have been the same way. But lately I have just been doing it. You got this :) Just log it. Even if it's bad, just do it. Get back in the habit of doing it all the time!
    Today I have logged in 480 days! I haven't lost in MONTHS but I'm still here and still pushing for this. So are you :) You're still here, which means you still want this :)
    Lets do this!

I'm so glad to have found you. I know it takes consistency, but also realizing life happens. You've battled through. You've had ups and downs, but you're still here fighting the battle. I know it took a lot of determination to get moving at 4:30 a.m. I need to dig deep and find that same motivation. Thank you for your post and journey. It's helping me so much!
  • BohemianCoast
    BohemianCoast Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Robin -- you are right that I have been super-introspective and philosophical this week. It's because I have been thinking about All the Things I have Ever Written Anywhere on the Internet, and grabbing a lot of them and putting them into a private journal.

Thanks for everybody being nice about my sudden burst of philosophy...

Felicia -- welcome! There are lots of people with loads to lose motivating each other on this thread. This thread has been amazing for me and all the people here are wonderful. What I tell myself every day -- I count my blessings for all the good things in my life, I plan to do 30 minutes of sweaty, heartbeat raising exercise, and I plan to eat yummy food made out of real stuff. No Lean Cuisine or Weight Watchers muffins for me. If I want a muffin, it'll be an outrageous double chocolate one, but I'll plan for it... And I have a file with super quotes which I got off this board, things like 'Don't reward yourself with food, you're not a dog...' and 'Sweat is your fat crying'. They perk me up and make me laugh. I think the start is hard, when you haven't seen the benefit yet. Now I've lost a bit I'm starting to feel better inside and things are getting easier. Oh, yes, and I track everything, even those days when I have 4 pints of beer and a large doner kebab *after dinner*.

@Karenleona -- glad you got a fantastic bike ride!

@Tammy -- hope you're feeling better now!

@Liz -- oh, your job sounds so scary! I'm sure your coworkers will understand and help you find a way to tackle it.

Not a recipe, but a sort of thought for those of you who have kids: mixing veg *into* mashed potato is delicious, and makes the mashed potato look bigger, and my kids at least eat it all up. I've done this twice this week -- once a bubble and squeak (using chard and a little fat in a non-stick pan), and once a stoemp with celeriac and heritage carrots. This one was 800g of potato and 600g of celeriac and heritage carrots -- and an ounce of butter. It tasted fantastically creamy and delicious, and it makes a huge fluffy plateful. That served five as a side dish with sausages.

Friday Fitness:

Saturday: W8D1 of Ease into 5k (again), plus badminton, plus some walking. DONE and DONE, though no extra walking.
    Sunday: Archery (I know I keep saying this) plus badminton -- still no archery because it was cold but badminton DONE
    Monday: W8D2 of Ease into 5k DONE
    Tuesday: dance mat -- Wii Boxing instead... very tired today.
    Wednesday: W8D3 of Ease into 5k -- Nope but Dance Mat DONE
    Thursday: badminton -- DONE and W8D3 of Ease into 5k DONE
    Friday: Christmas shopping -- off in half an hour to do this, plus we have badminton later.
    Plus I definitely am going to do some strength training. -- I have done a tiny bit. Still need to get back into that next week.

OK, plan for next week. I am slightly discombobulated because Ease into 5k gets you to 30 minutes continuous running and I can do that now, but it's so slowly I'm not even hitting 2 miles continuous let alone 3.1. So I'm going to mix up the workouts a bit next week -- aiming to run 2 miles without stopping (which should be safe if I do a 33 minute continuous run), but also to hit 3.1 miles over the course of a workout including the walking breaks (I did 2.88 miles yesterday).

Saturday -- a run including a measured mile. Plus badminton.
    Sunday -- morris dancing
    Monday -- a run including some fartleks.
    Tuesday -- still thinking about the Zumba class?
    Wednesday -- a long run -- aiming for 40 minutes of running.
    Thursday -- rest maybe? Badminton maybe? I have no clue.
    Friday -- badminton for sure.

On pedometer: That's 9 more miles for 29 total, not counting badminton or general pootling about. Should have a good pedometer day today as we go to Westfield Stratford.

Have a fantastic Friday everyone!
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options

what is that? i've not heard of it. there's a lot of stuff i can't take because of my PCOS but if something works i'm always interested in more energy :laugh:
    [/quote]

@Toots~This may gross some people out, but Cordyceps is a caterpillar fungus (a friend of mine at work picks on me about it). It is a centuries old Chinese remedy and actually helps with a variety of illnessness and conditions. Here is a write-up on WebMD about it:

http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-602-CORDYCEPS.aspx?activeIngredientId=602&activeIngredientName=CORDYCEPS

My trainer told me about a specific brand (that he and his wife also take), Performax Forte, that I get through an online supplier (Aloha Medicinals). Here is a link to their website and the page with the supplement I take, if interested:

http://www.alohamedicinals.com/performax-forte.htm

I take 3 capsules at lunch.
  • mnwalkingqueen
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

Thursday Truth: Yesterday was such a hard day at work, one of my clients is having an extremely hard time adjusting to his new meds. causing lots of behaviors which are causing lots of violent moments. He seems really obsessed with me. I think its just cause we are extremely close he feels safe with me. I don't want that to stop but his behavior is non stop till yesterday after dodging his grabbing me for what seem like the 100th time I just wanted to start screaming at the top of my lungs. I come home to I didn't but could not sleep last night because I could not stop thinking about it. Woke up thinking about him. It bothers me cause I really like him like my job but I am at my witts in I need help. So I went to my boss and with lots of experience in this field i just don't know so I ask for advice. Not sure if I have a job after tomorrow. She and the other supervisiors act like it was ok that I express concern. I have got good reviews but they have a hard time when they think you have problems with any clients. I have seen it before to my fellow co-workers. I am asking for advice not that I don't want to work with the client. But sometimes those lines get blurr with them. With other co-workers who ask for help they cut their hours tll basically they have no hours and just leave. So praying that doesn't happen. But the truth is I am scare.

Liz

I am not sure what field you work in but I use to work with mentally challenged adults with behavior issues. I know how you are feeling and how important it is to voice your concern. I hope that all works out for you it is ashame that people would basically force others to quit. I will keep you in my prayers.
  • mnwalkingqueen
    Options
    Thursday Truth -- I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed, with too much to do and not enough money. I'm also wondering if I'm making the right decisions for my life. Nonetheless, I'm committed to keep on keepin' on and trying to take care of myself, the best I can. If I make a mistake, I'll dust myself off and try again...

We all go through some growing pains. I think we have all been in your shoes at some point in life. Keep your head up and stay positive those two things will go a long way.