Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday Everyone :flowerforyou:

My fitness plans for the weekend are to continue to get a walk in everyday. Some days it 30 mins others it has been 15 mins. Hopefully on the weekend I can get in an hour each day. I think that I am gonna start doing sit ups or push ups at home too.
    I made a good food choice last night my bf worked til midnight than wanted to go get a bite to eat. I rode in the car with him but I chose not to eat McDonlds with him :bigsmile:

To everyone that talked about the lady pushing Body By VII on me thanks for the information. I actually have deleted her off my friends list because I felt like she was like a drug dealer forcing me to try something.
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Toots - please give us a report on the MACA in another month and let us know how your energy levels are doing.

Kah - you too! Please keep us updated on the cordyceps for your energy! I'm always at such low energy levels - even on the prednisone - I'd love to know how these two items work for you both.

jt - keep that hand sanitizer handy!

Karen - so glad you got your bike ride in - you're really going to be in great shape for your surgery !

Laurie - sorry you missed your trainer - email vs. phone calls - sheesh - things are getting so impersonal!

mackbeth - so sorry you're feeling overwhelmed - a money crunch is truly overwhelming...... my sympathies and I hope some drops in your lap. When I don't have any money (approximately every month from the 20th to the 30th) I practice gratitude thinking, looking at what I do have and thanking the Universe for it) :blushing:

lizmil - your work situation sounds awful - especially when the problem is invading your sleep! I do hope your talk with your supervisors does NOT cause a backlash - you sound as if you were very cautious in explaining you only wanted to vent, not reduce your hours with your client so I am hoping it does not cause you any permanent reduction in hours. You are a special, blessed soul to be working with clients such as he. I admire you for your strength!

Boho Coast - so your grabbing your Internet footprints huh? That's pretty funny! I am somewhat (Thats an understatement!) paranoid about what goes on the internet about me. I have a Facebook account, but no picture or profile on it! If you google me, you can't find me. Most of my life occurred before the 'net went up. I like it that way. Mostly because my ex-husband is a stalker......

Walkingqueen - good for you to keep walking daily even if its for random amounts of time. You inspire me!
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Friday fitness: Glad that I can say I can walk now! I will also continue with my PT exercises. None of it is very exhausting exercise, but its all more than I was doing and the harder stuff will come.
    Have a good weekend. Kaye
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Friday fitness: Glad that I can say I can walk now! I will also continue with my PT exercises. None of it is very exhausting exercise, but its all more than I was doing and the harder stuff will come.
    Have a good weekend. Kaye

So glad to hear you are doing well! Now that you are bionic there is no stopping you!

After my stroke I was in PT for months and it was pretty great calorie burn. I mentioned to my DR that it's a shame I couldn't KEEP going because it was like an insurance covered gym membership. He extended my PT for a few more months and I was able to keep going until my insurance company really started to buck.

Friday Fitness: I need to hit the grocery store tonight after some internet searching. I struggle with high protein low carb meals because I'm getting a bit tired of 'meat' right now. I need to google up some recipes and pick up what I need for the weekend.

I need to put in at least 3.5 miles of brisk walking tomorrow. I've started light strength training (need to pick up heavier weights, the 3lb dumbells are a little too easy) and will do that tonight along with probably my yoga CD. Planning on walking to work on Monday so that's 2 miles walked on that day.
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    I love Weds Wishes ! I feel as if I'm getting a special chance, an new opportunity, a gift! Today I'm wishing that I really, really, really start logging my food every single bite, every single day. I've been very lax about it. I've been impressed to see those of you who are celebrating 100 days of logging and congrats to you who've succeeded at that.

I have been the same way. But lately I have just been doing it. You got this :) Just log it. Even if it's bad, just do it. Get back in the habit of doing it all the time!
    Today I have logged in 480 days! I haven't lost in MONTHS but I'm still here and still pushing for this. So are you :) You're still here, which means you still want this :)
    Lets do this!

I'm so glad to have found you. I know it takes consistency, but also realizing life happens. You've battled through. You've had ups and downs, but you're still here fighting the battle. I know it took a lot of determination to get moving at 4:30 a.m. I need to dig deep and find that same motivation. Thank you for your post and journey. It's helping me so much!

Thank you :) If I have helped anybody in the slightest it makes me happy. But seeing everyone here keeping on and going, helps me too. I'm constantly needing help and reminders and being pushed. This challenge has really helped me.
    I didn't get up yesterday or this morning, but I will on Monday-Wednesday Next week again, and slowly build up doing the other days too. I really really want to get back into running. I miss it. I did a little on the treadmill the other day, did a 5min straight run, then a few min here and there throughout my treadmill time. Just felt good. I feel better when I work out.
    I had a bad morning this morning, my daughter and I had muffins for breakfast....bad choice but she's off school and work with me and it was just something, oh well. On to a better lunch :)
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Friday Fitness::: Well I completed my challenges this week. Surpassed all of the requirements except for the number of cardio days. I should have gotten up yesterday and this morning but I didn't. Oh well. I will Monday!

So my schooling has changed a bit, instead of 4 classes I have 3 now. Because my CNA class days changed from Tues/Wed to Mon&Thurs. So my Thurs speech class had to be dropped. Oh well. It's better I think to ease back into school after being out for 7+yrs.

So my school schedule

Mon: Work 8-4pm Class 5-9pm
    Tues: Work 8-4pm NO CLASS
    Wed: Work 8-4pm NO CLASS
    Thurs: Work 8-4pm Class 5-9pm
    Fri: Class 8-11am Work 12-4pm
    Some Saturdays: Clinicals 8-3pm

And I have one online class.

I'm ready for this, nervous as hell, but ready and excited. I'm going to cherish the time I have now though, once school starts.. I wont have any lol

Have a wonderful Friday everyone!

Tina
  • mnwalkingqueen
    Options
    My job was under fire today in Downtown Mpls. Please pray for the people in that building that the police have put in lock down. I was suppose to be there but cancelled my meeting at the last moment.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Grading Goals:
    1. 40/40 AP test corrections DONE!
    2. 59/59 Montana 1948 theme journals DONE!!
    3. x/22 2-paragraph responses
    4. 22/22 vocabulary quizzes DONE!
    5. 22/22 grammar test corrections DONE!
    6. re-read Grendel STARTED
    7. x/22 pronoun/antecedent agreement tests
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    My job was under fire today in Downtown Mpls. Please pray for the people in that building that the police have put in lock down. I was suppose to be there but cancelled my meeting at the last moment.

Many prayers for everyone concerned, family and friends, police and rescue.
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    @Toots~This may gross some people out, but Cordyceps is a caterpillar fungus (a friend of mine at work picks on me about it). It is a centuries old Chinese remedy and actually helps with a variety of illnessness and conditions. Here is a write-up on WebMD about it:

http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-602-CORDYCEPS.aspx?activeIngredientId=602&activeIngredientName=CORDYCEPS

My trainer told me about a specific brand (that he and his wife also take), Performax Forte, that I get through an online supplier (Aloha Medicinals). Here is a link to their website and the page with the supplement I take, if interested:

http://www.alohamedicinals.com/performax-forte.htm

I take 3 capsules at lunch.

haha yeah, i'm not sure about that. i'd have to give it some deep thought.
    Toots - please give us a report on the MACA in another month and let us know how your energy levels are doing.

sure will.

oh wow, how scary. thoughts and prayers
  • mnwalkingqueen
    Options
    Police just gave the all clear for the people to return to work. They searched the floor where someone heard shots and the parking garage. No evidence found by them. What a scary moment.
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    I forgot to report Friday Fitness~It has definitely been a week of fitness, I forgot to post my goals earlier in the week but I've been to the gym every day, definitely glad today is a rest day! :bigsmile:

Monday~Elliptical/Run DONE!
    Tuesday~Run DONE!
    Wednesday~Cross Trainer DONE
    Thursday~Training DONE!
    Friday~Rest Day YAHOO!!! :bigsmile:
    Saturday~Elliptical/Run
    Sunday~Training

@Toots~LOL, I was hesitant at first too! :laugh:

@Robin~Will do!

Police just gave the all clear for the people to return to work. They searched the floor where someone heard shots and the parking garage. No evidence found by them. What a scary moment.

How scary, very glad to hear everyone was given the all clear.
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Tues: Work 8-4pm NO CLASS
    Wed: Work 8-4pm NO CLASS
    Tina

Tina I think you have alot of CLASS :laugh:
    Quote from the movie Back to School- Sally Kellerman and Rodney Dangerefield
    Diane: Actually, I'd like to join you, but I have class tonight.
    Thornton Melon: Oh. How 'bout tomorrow night?
    Diane: I have class then, too.
    Thornton Melon: I'll tell you what, then. Why don't you call me some time when you have no class? :laugh: :blushing: :bigsmile: Sorry Tina I just could not resist. I'm just kidding and do not want to offend you, but this just fit real good.

Wow Lin 750 miles! I have a badge for 50 miles and I'm closing in on 250 I have 237.92 miles. I do have a badge for 1000 floors of stairs climbed.

Hope everyone is living the healthy life!

Tom
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Robin -- you are right that I have been super-introspective and philosophical this week. It's because I have been thinking about All the Things I have Ever Written Anywhere on the Internet, and grabbing a lot of them and putting them into a private journal.

Thanks for everybody being nice about my sudden burst of philosophy...

Felicia -- welcome! There are lots of people with loads to lose motivating each other on this thread. This thread has been amazing for me and all the people here are wonderful. What I tell myself every day -- I count my blessings for all the good things in my life, I plan to do 30 minutes of sweaty, heartbeat raising exercise, and I plan to eat yummy food made out of real stuff. No Lean Cuisine or Weight Watchers muffins for me. If I want a muffin, it'll be an outrageous double chocolate one, but I'll plan for it... And I have a file with super quotes which I got off this board, things like 'Don't reward yourself with food, you're not a dog...' and 'Sweat is your fat crying'. They perk me up and make me laugh. I think the start is hard, when you haven't seen the benefit yet. Now I've lost a bit I'm starting to feel better inside and things are getting easier. Oh, yes, and I track everything, even those days when I have 4 pints of beer and a large doner kebab *after dinner*.

@Karenleona -- glad you got a fantastic bike ride!

@Tammy -- hope you're feeling better now!

@Liz -- oh, your job sounds so scary! I'm sure your coworkers will understand and help you find a way to tackle it.

Not a recipe, but a sort of thought for those of you who have kids: mixing veg *into* mashed potato is delicious, and makes the mashed potato look bigger, and my kids at least eat it all up. I've done this twice this week -- once a bubble and squeak (using chard and a little fat in a non-stick pan), and once a stoemp with celeriac and heritage carrots. This one was 800g of potato and 600g of celeriac and heritage carrots -- and an ounce of butter. It tasted fantastically creamy and delicious, and it makes a huge fluffy plateful. That served five as a side dish with sausages.

Friday Fitness:

Saturday: W8D1 of Ease into 5k (again), plus badminton, plus some walking. DONE and DONE, though no extra walking.
    Sunday: Archery (I know I keep saying this) plus badminton -- still no archery because it was cold but badminton DONE
    Monday: W8D2 of Ease into 5k DONE
    Tuesday: dance mat -- Wii Boxing instead... very tired today.
    Wednesday: W8D3 of Ease into 5k -- Nope but Dance Mat DONE
    Thursday: badminton -- DONE and W8D3 of Ease into 5k DONE
    Friday: Christmas shopping -- off in half an hour to do this, plus we have badminton later.
    Plus I definitely am going to do some strength training. -- I have done a tiny bit. Still need to get back into that next week.

OK, plan for next week. I am slightly discombobulated because Ease into 5k gets you to 30 minutes continuous running and I can do that now, but it's so slowly I'm not even hitting 2 miles continuous let alone 3.1. So I'm going to mix up the workouts a bit next week -- aiming to run 2 miles without stopping (which should be safe if I do a 33 minute continuous run), but also to hit 3.1 miles over the course of a workout including the walking breaks (I did 2.88 miles yesterday).

Saturday -- a run including a measured mile. Plus badminton.
    Sunday -- morris dancing
    Monday -- a run including some fartleks.
    Tuesday -- still thinking about the Zumba class?
    Wednesday -- a long run -- aiming for 40 minutes of running.
    Thursday -- rest maybe? Badminton maybe? I have no clue.
    Friday -- badminton for sure.

On pedometer: That's 9 more miles for 29 total, not counting badminton or general pootling about. Should have a good pedometer day today as we go to Westfield Stratford.

Have a fantastic Friday everyone!
    Allison I love that you used the word discombobulated. It was a flash of happy memory hearing my grandma say that in my head. whenever things would get crazy she was either discombobulated or iscabibbled, lol. Thanks for the happy memory
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Well woke up this morning and am feeling a little more myself. I am geting ready to do my walking workout and see how it goes. I still have a cough so hopefully I dont start hacking up a lung, lol. I am tring to do the walking two to three days a week and then some resistance training three days a week. I had started to get in a groove before the cold monster got me so time to ignore old habits and not let this completley de-rail me. I didnt have my green smoothie this morning as i was craving eggs so I am drinking some v8 juice now and while I enjoy the flavor I am not real sure I enjoy the consistency of it. Oh well it is a little can and almost gone. I am trying to think of what to make for dinner. It is really hard to cook for one. Not at all what I am used to. I have some stuff I cooked batches of and then froze but I get bored real fast if I keep eating the same thing all the time and boredom leads to bad bad things. My poor little puppy was given a reality check by my black lab the other night about who is the boss in this house. Silly petey went for chelsies bone and got put down forcefully for his transgression. I had to punish Chelsie as she broke the skin on peteys little throat though it wasnt bad so it was a bad time for all of us. Needless to say petey is much more respectful of chelsie space now. I swear sometimes pets are more trying then children.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    whenever things would get crazy she was either discombobulated or iscabibbled...
    Lol! I call my cat, MowMow, Ish Kabibble when he's being silly.
  • AngelikaLumiere
    AngelikaLumiere Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Well after six weeks of congestion, sore throat, headache, lack of energy I finally gave in and went to the doctor. She is treating me for allergy, hopefully it will get better. It has been a week since I checked in here and thought I should let you know that I am not AWOL, just on sick leave. :ohwell: My head hurts and I am going back to bed.
  • mnwalkingqueen
    Options
    Well woke up this morning and am feeling a little more myself. I am geting ready to do my walking workout and see how it goes. I still have a cough so hopefully I dont start hacking up a lung, lol. I am tring to do the walking two to three days a week and then some resistance training three days a week. I had started to get in a groove before the cold monster got me so time to ignore old habits and not let this completley de-rail me. I didnt have my green smoothie this morning as i was craving eggs so I am drinking some v8 juice now and while I enjoy the flavor I am not real sure I enjoy the consistency of it. Oh well it is a little can and almost gone. I am trying to think of what to make for dinner. It is really hard to cook for one. Not at all what I am used to. I have some stuff I cooked batches of and then froze but I get bored real fast if I keep eating the same thing all the time and boredom leads to bad bad things. My poor little puppy was given a reality check by my black lab the other night about who is the boss in this house. Silly petey went for chelsies bone and got put down forcefully for his transgression. I had to punish Chelsie as she broke the skin on peteys little throat though it wasnt bad so it was a bad time for all of us. Needless to say petey is much more respectful of chelsie space now. I swear sometimes pets are more trying then children.

Wow you have had a lot happen glad petey is okay and I agree pets can be as trying or more than kids. Little pup will learn fast in a doggy dog enviorment LOL it was my way of being silly I know it was korny. Cooking for one can be hard but I love eating the things I like over and over I never get bored with the foods. Glad your feeling better and hopefully the walk didn't push you back.
  • vickimieth
    vickimieth Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday, everyone! Trying to catch up on all the fabulous posts.... wow!

How is everyone doing on the carb challenge so far? I'm finding it easier than I feared -- and wondering if I'm doing something wrong.

I had spaghetti squash for the first time in my whole life (I know, amazing, right?) WOW! I'm in total love!
  • lmackbethl
    Options
    @liz -- sounds like the agency you work at is very similar to the one I work for. I'll never understand why human services agencies are so inhumane to their workers, sigh. I hope you get some good advice, and no push-back -- it's totally reasonable to ask for guidance when working with challenging clients.

@robin - yes, I have so much to be thankful for... I recently chose emotional and physical health over financial security... perhaps eventually, I'll find both. :)

@tina - looks like you will be very busy next semester, but I think the one-course reduction will be good! classes six days a week would be horribly difficult (sure you could do it, but still...)

frriday fitness -- i think this weekend's calorie burning will have to come via scrubbing, raking, dump-runs, and other assorted get-the-house-ready-for-a-visit-from-my-parents-(YIKES!!)-tasks.